Blackburn- 2-0

4 points from our next 3 will be a good amount

[quote user="ryan1992"]

2 potentially huge games in the next 3 and both at home. I''m going with:

Swansea- 2-2

Liverpool- 1-3

Blackburn- 2-0

4 points from our next 3 will be a good amount

[/quote]3 from liverpool! I think we can after sat!

Well no question the games against swansea and blackburn are not just winnable, but vital if we want to be in the premiership.

Those two games do not need the words ''we have won the right to play these games''. No we need to be ruthless and composed, as we know these games are six pointers, taking one game away from the opponent and three points going hopefully to us.

Of course the swansea game is massive and I expect us to work our socks off for a win at home against the swans.

Liverpool, well again bit like man u, anything is a bonus but a great opportunity for us to play our style of football, if they have a champions league game midweek prior then there may be a chance. A draw would be very good, certainly if we do not acquire a win against swansea.

Blackburn could be even more important if we do not get a maximum number of points against the swans and get nothing from Liverpool. If Steve Kean is still in the managerial post, then it may be a massive game for him too. But I think if we have got our win against the swans we can look to put this team to the sword.

So ideally 6 points, 7 would be a dream. 4 would be ok but a bit short of what I would want as we try to show that we are serious about staying up.

Get rid of these international games, I am eager for the swansea game. Biggest thing is to get the three points from this game.

Any less than 4 would be hugely disappointing, to stay up we need to beat the relegation candidates like Swansea and Blackburn at home. We have already lost to one possible candidate in WBA, and taken 2 points away from another one away from home. But if we lose one or both of the Swansea/Blackburn games, it would certainly put a downer on things.

I am hoping for 6, have a sneaky feeling we might just get a draw at Anfield though, so maybe 7 points :)

We ought to beat Blackburn, I fancy a draw against Swansea. We could achieve a draw against Liverpool, but I have my doubts.

I predict 4 or possibly 5 points out of the 9, the formr would be satisfactory, the latter very pleasing.

[quote user="smooth"]Liverpool, well again bit like man u, anything is a bonus but a great opportunity for us to play our style of football, if they have a champions league game midweek prior then there may be a chance.[/quote]

Nitpicking, I know, but its highly unlikely Liverpool will have a champions league game prior to playing us, what with them not being involved in that competition (nor in the UEFA Cup for that matter)...

I''m going to go for 6 points - wins against the Swans and Blackburn, and a defeat at Anfield.

I''d be delighted with 6 points. I think the Swansea game is a real toughie. Especially with the added pressure of expectation. They caused us more problems last season than any other team. Of course if we fail to beat them and don''t get a result at Liverpool the Blackburn game will become even tougher with more expectation and pressure.

evilmonkey - thanks for the heads up on liverpool not in europe. Just shows that I really don''t care about any other english team other than NCFC.

Well I think with that being the case then 4-6 points will be likely, the key being the first one with Swansea. Agree with n. nigel they gave us problems but they, like us, are a much different team.

That result will determine the magnitude therefore on the blackburn game, for me both are must wins. In fact we need those wins as mentioned to say we are a premiership team who WILL stay up. Two massive games sandwich a game where we can show our style and as Lambert quite righty says ''enjoy it if only we compete''.

Totally agree with that sentiment.

[quote] Sing up the river end :)[/quote]

pretty amazing odds on 9pts :) would be worth a tenner if you''re confident! ;)

I think 4 is the mimimum we require. Swansea have not been good on the road, no pts no goals i think, but then i don''t know who they have played. Man city was one i think and if so that''s not a surprise.

it''s a big ask but i think if Norwich have a realistic chance of staying in the premiership, they need wins against swansea and blackburn. The back end of the season is particularly cruel on Norwich.

If we win the home games (and I would be disappointed if we don''t) then we have earned the right not to worry too much about Liverpool away, we could afford another "played well but got nothing" display like last Saturday.So, 6 points. That would give us 14 from 10, equivalent to 53 points from a 38 game season. Top half![:D]

I''d take a draw against Swansea if it meant beating Blackburn, we could be over 10 points clear of them if we beat them! Important that we don''t lose to anyone likely to be around the bottom of the table at the end of the season. I fancy we could get a draw at Liverpool. I remember someone on here said West Brom at home was a "must win" game, Guess the season is over for him!

We have to take 6 points at home, no less.Liverpool away might get a draw here, i say 7 points

Interestingly, re: our game against Liverpool, they have just announced a '' friendly '' against Rangers at Ibrox on the Tuesday before our game (presumably because they are both out of Europe) which might be good for us - can''t think there will be too much friendly about it!

I think people are overrating Swansea - we''ll beat them by two clear goals.A defeat at Anfield and a draw against Blackburn.

"I think 4 is the mimimum we require. Swansea have not been good on the road, no pts no goals i think, but then i don''t know who they have played. Man city was one i think and if so that''s not a surprise"

yup 4-0.

i think swansea seem to be finding their feet a little now. so whilst i expect you to beat them, it won`t be an easy game.

liverpool. can`t see you getting anything there. hope you do, if only for a child-like sense of smugness at seeing that cheating *** suarez being on the losing side.

and blackburn?, tbh if you don`t beat them steve kean will be carried shoulder high on a victory parade through blackburn!.

or maybe not!.

to sum up:-

i think you`ll get 6 points.

less than 4 = poor

4 = ok

5 = good

6 = very good

7+ = amazing

One thing is for sure we really must make sure we do not lose at home to either Swansea or Blackburn and ideally we need to be winning both these games to get points on the board before Christmas. Our homes games after Christmas are harder and we therefore really need to get some points in the bag now. I think we are capable of winning both games but Swansea worry me a bit as they have pace out wide and through the middle which causes us problems. Blackburn will also not be easy although i have a feeling that game may be pivotal for Kean and we could see a Worthy/Burnley type scenario.

Anything from Anfield would be a huge bonus although if we play as we can then I have a sneaky feeling a point is not entirely out of the question.

I agree with Nutty. Swansea were the only team we really had trouble dealing with last season. I think that''s a tough game.

Funnily enough I can see us getting something at Anfield if we play as we did at OT.

So five points for me: draw draw win. And I''d be happy with that, I think.

Again I think what bodes so well, is that this swansea team is a different team from the team we played last year, as we are very different. But I also think we have adjusted well and should go into that game knowing as the home team we should stamp our authority on them.

So I agree that we struggled against swansea last year, but both have changed and personally I do not think we have to reflect so much on them this year as we do with their style of play this term.

If we do not beat Swansea then Blackburn is a must win. But I do expect two wins from these two games. Anything less and I would be a little disappointed.

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"][quote user="DOGGER"]We have to take 6 points at home, no less.
[/quote]
Why? Will we get relegated if we only get 4?
[/quote]

Yes

[quote user="smooth"]Again I think what bodes so well, is that this swansea team is a different team from the team we played last year, as we are very different. But I also think we have adjusted well and should go into that game knowing as the home team we should stamp our authority on them.

So I agree that we struggled against swansea last year, but both have changed and personally I do not think we have to reflect so much on them this year as we do with their style of play this term.

If we do not beat Swansea then Blackburn is a must win. But I do expect two wins from these two games. Anything less and I would be a little disappointed.[/quote]

I don''t think Swansea have changed hugely from last season either in terms of style or personel. Yes they have added Graham and Routledge but they are players who play as Swansea did last time. They will pass it and look to use their pace on the wings much as they did last season.

I do however think we have changed, have more pace at the back and in midfield and therefore should be able to cope better. We are also on form and at home and they are sh*t away so its there for us to impose ourselves on them. We simply have to get at them from the start and not let them have time on the ball to get their confidence up.

Swansea will be a very, very tough game.  Most people seem to be saying quite confidently that we will beat Swansea and Blackburn no problem and we might possibly get something from Anfield.  That wont be the case.  I see us struggling against Swansea just like last season, however at home I feel we can edge it, a tight 1 or 2-1 win maybe.  Blackburn will also be a tough game although at home I feel we can beat them and shouldn''t fear them.  Don''t forget that Swansea and Blackburn are both probably looking at us like we are at them and thinking what a great oppurtunity for 3 points that game is going to be.  I will be very suprised if we can get something from Anfield because I rate them as a team and especially at Anfield we will struggle to get anything against them.

So I would like to think we can get 6 points and 6 points is definitely realistic, however I wouldn''t be suprised if we got 4 points or maybe even 3.