Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Franco Baldini keeping tabs on Ruddy

and it all goes back to the premiership deal where the reasoning behind it in football terms (we all know it was about making some rich)

(1) The money would filter down through the leagues, very questionable.

(2) The state of the england team would improve. Semi Final of the World Cup in 1990 and since then hhhmmmmm.

Three English goalkeepers showing off their trade in the premiership hhhhmmmmmm.

Off-field the game has become more professional but the development of our national team is still very slow.

I think Ruddy has played very very well and I hope it continues throughout the season. Call up for England would be amazing and well deserved, but it does show how the so-called development of our game has stalled, that we have only 3 english goalkeepers starting in the premiership.

The whole idea of this new national football centre makes me laugh. We do not know how to develop the game from grassroots.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Confirmation of Keelan''s left-footedness - plus a lesson in how to score at Old Trafford for Morison and Pilkington!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZgFtTLY6qk&feature=BFa&list=PLD05077B5765B822A&lf=results_video

OTBC

[/quote]

Thanks, Bly. I thought I had remembered correctly but it was the ''60s, which no-one who was there is supposed to be able to recall. Anyway nice to see again that killer pass from Bryceland.

Ok Bly and others still not getting it.

The person who made the point said SINCE gunn, what they didn''t say is gunn was the best keeper in NCFC history and neither did I.

Gunn was a decent keeper but I''m sure keelan was better (even though I wasn''t around when he played)

I think I''ve exhausted the point now

Sob, green would surely be in with a shout for sure

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Ok Bly and others still not getting it. The person who made the point said SINCE gunn, what they didn''t say is gunn was the best keeper in NCFC history and neither did I. Gunn was a decent keeper but I''m sure keelan was better (even though I wasn''t around when he played) I think I''ve exhausted the point now Sob, green would surely be in with a shout for sure[/quote]

Read my first post again. Then perhaps you might cease embarrasing yourself.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Looks like he''s finally popped up on England''s radar...[/quote]

Good he''s awsome and our best keeper since Gunn. Fully deserves a crack.

[/quote]

Many of us would prefer that he turns out to be our best goalkeeper since Kevin Keelan!!

But still. One love.

[:)]

OTBC

[/quote]Well said Bly....That''s a much more worthwhile benchmark to aim for.  [Y]