Sign in to follow this  
Carra Rud

The Froidee Fillum: Chelsea (a) 92/93

Calamitous Dave Beasant gifts Norwich two goals as we come back to score three in the second half, completing the extraordinating comeback at the underdeveloped Stamford Bridge.Best known for Fleck''s appearance against City.Team: B Gunn, M Bowen, I Culverhouse, J Polston, R Newman, D Phillips, J Goss, C Sutton, M Robins, G Megson, I Crook (76), M Walton - Subs Used: D Sutch (76)

I bet the crowd was no more than about 20,000 that day too. I can remember going to Stamford Bridge in the late eighties with a very sparse attendance. I stood on an open terrace consisting of concrete steps, what a dump it was then!

Was at the game. Stood behind the goal, miles from the pitch, without a roof. Bit different to the Stamford Bridge I visited a couple of weeks ago. What the Camara doesnt show is that the shot from Diamond Dave Phillips wasnt even going in...Beasant somehow managed to scoop it in. It was such a terrible display I almost felt sorry for him. At the end Robins went straight up to him to console him. But he was sacked in the dressing room by the manager.