Sign in to follow this  
Aurelius

Does exist a Norwich City Illustrated History?

There are many Illustrated Histories of English football clubs, big and small, but I never have found one about Norwich.

In the beautiful collection of "When football was football" (http://www.amazon.co.uk/When-Football-Was-Nostalgic-Century/dp/1844256693), there are many issues dedicated to various clubs, but Norwich is not included.

Does anyone of you guys know if does exist a recent and reliable Norwich book of history?

Thanks in advance to everyone.

[quote user="Aurelius"]There are many Illustrated Histories of English football clubs, big and small, but I never have found one about Norwich. In the beautiful collection of "When football was football" (http://www.amazon.co.uk/When-Football-Was-Nostalgic-Century/dp/1844256693), there are many issues dedicated to various clubs, but Norwich is not included. Does anyone of you guys know if does exist a recent and reliable Norwich book of history? Thanks in advance to everyone.[/quote]

The only one I know of (which I would recommend) is:

The Norwich City Story

90 Years of the Canaries on Camera

Published by the EDP, and written by David Cuffley. Available on Amazon. By definition, it stops in the early ''90s, with relegation from the top flight. Rather a lot has happened since then...[;)]

So much has happened since the spate of Norwich City books in the 80''s and 90''s that it really is time we had something new to look at, are you listening at Archant Towers ?

[quote user="Armchair Follower"]So much has happened since the spate of Norwich City books in the 80''s and 90''s that it really is time we had something new to look at, are you listening at Archant Towers ?[/quote]

True enough. Chronologically the last photo in the book is Chase welcoming O''Neill as manager! Which seems (and is, in football terms) an age ago. Not sure, though, that an Archant writer would want to take on the task, given some of the feet that might get trodden on in an honest and no-holds-barred account of some of events since then.[;)]

Last season they did a feature in each programme about Carrow Road. As it was 75 year anniversary. Not all NCFC. But I was hopeing they may make it into a book, which they may have done now.

I did not get every programme so missed bits of it!