Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Morison talking up the swansea game

Good piece by a very fired up forward. Yes he has international games but he knows the big game is next weekend and he wishes games did come thick and fast like when in the championship.

I think alot of what he says is right that both teams will see this as important game that is a must win to get those early points on the board against a relegation candidate or 17th place candidate.

Don''t care about this weekend and international football or a very poor rugby union world cup so far, role on the rugby league grand final and 3 american football games. They should be really good and will at least get me through this weekend waiting for a massive game in our season.

Just know at training this week the boys and Lambert will have prepared solidly for the swans, lets hope our international bound players just get back safe and with no injury news. Then we can bring on next weekends crucial game.

Any tips on which NFL games to catch this weekend? Im a Redskins fan but we''re on bye week so I dunno who to watch - was thinking maybe the Lions after their impressive start but haven''t thought about any others too much?

Detroit playing Monday night against the bears, I think at Ford Field Detroit. If so could be a cracking game. I can see the bears maybe taking this one, as the Lions have come back from behind in a number of games this season.

Think due to the bye, if you leave the televised games which match pretty even teams up on Sunday, I would look at Houston against the Raiders.

Houston should feel this is the best time to win the afc South with Indy struggling and the Raiders are playing very well, besides the penalties. Be an interesting game to gauge Houston who could end up with a very good record at the end of the year.

Personally as a 49er fan, I think the game with Tampa will be good. Tampa not as strong as last year but their wideouts against our secondary could be a good contest.

Outside bet Arizona against minnesota, the problems the vikings have are throughout, winfield is out so kolb should have a field day. Sidney Rice moving on and many of the excellent offensive line having moved have made a. peterson struggle at the Vikes. If at halftime the points are raining in, it could be a good game to see points scored.

So for me the game with Houston and the Raiders is the game to gauge to teams that we know are there or there abouts.

Used to love living in the states watch college games on Saturday and then two games Sunday before Sunday Night Football.

But now it is a pub every weekend when norwich are home or away and then during the week catch up on the nfl. If you ask me that is pretty much heaven.

Certainly if we can get the result against the swans.

Now with the sad news that Al Davis has passed away I think Houston Texans vs. Oakland Raiders is the game to watch.

A godfather of the great game, should be built up to be a great game.

Maybe one of the first owners to be known as a hands-on type owner, now we have jerry jones and Daniel Snyder. But from being at the beginning. Sad day.

For anyone that thinks Wembley is an amazing stadium please look at NFL stadiums, they are a different league, Dallas, Seattle, Indy, the new niners stadium. Just put our awful stadiums and so called great infrastructure to shame.

Ain''t going to sya o to that either. Loved watching it again the late 80''s early 90''s. Travelled and saw many great stadiums while in the states. Was there when Barry Bonds passed Babe Ruth''s home run score. Can''t believe the san fran giants won last year.

Love american sports, simple as that. But I am a total sport-a-holic

Thaks Smooth, Im taking your tip on the Texans game at the moment! Then Im gonna have a look at your 49ers at 9pm.

Sad, sad news about Al Davis. Dan Snyder is not even in the same league as that man, Davis is a true NFL legend!

Not bothered about the Vikings, after Mcnabb''s shambolic season with the ''Skins I couldn''t give a toss what he does!! Shame, cuz I always liked him before we signed him - there are nowhere near enough black QBs in the league (much like black manager''s in the Prem).

What odds on the Skins for NFC East? I think we have a really good chance this season but Rex needs to be a hell of a lot more consistent. He''s been shocking the last 2 games, after his amazing opening 2 games. I''m really impressed with Shanahan''s rebuilding job over the summer, we''ve gone from one of the worst teams in the NFL to a competent, impressive and most importantly WINNING team!

Yeah I mention Snyder and J. Jones as meddling owners, but have to say snyder has approached a great coach in shanahan.

Getting rid of Haynesworth and D. McNabb were good moves this offseason. Saw that Andre Carter (former niner) moved on too to NE. Good moves at running back position and with santana moss still a great wideout who can make every type of catch.

Think the NFC East is an interesting division, next week I expect you guys to beat the cowboys, but with ''the dream team'' struggling, the giants without any of their explosive front 4 in defence (and steve smith leaving). I can see you guys potentially topping the group.

Dallas, who knows. T. Romo out of favour is a big shock, the media, fans seem to have had enough. Like to see Garrett getting some bad press and to be honest always like to see ''America''s team'' struggle. If you were at Wembley last year for the Int. series the cheer when Dallas was losing was massive. Showed that the UK fan base is very anti-Dallas.

Should be a very interesting season, Green Bay, New Orleans from the NFC look to be the real cream, but ATL and who knows maybe even Detroit could sneak in. Very open conference apart from maybe GB. NFC West an achievement would be winning it for us, no one else is really stepping up.

AFC, think Baltimore looked amazing with their win over Pittsburgh, think they will win that division. Houston, NE and maybe San Diego (if they do there usual run at the end of the season). But Raiders could do it, Buffalo who knows.

Again just another great season, I have been a fan since the late 80''s and probably still my favourite sport. Watch more of it than football, as NCFC is the only team I care about with football. But the NFL just continues to impress