Sign in to follow this  
Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son

Hugh Jackman

haha, at least we know what Fry''s role is now, get him on board so we can sign these invitations to invest with both his and Delia''s names, ultimate celebrity club we could have been, could try and get Jonny Depp involved as-well, he lives in Norfolk, quite sure a couple Hollywood directors do too

I thought Johnny Depp lived in France? He''s busy filming and doing promo stuff most of the time anyway, so doesn''t really matter where he lives...

I know Hugh Jackman said he was a Norwich fan before, but asking him to invest because he''s a ''Norwich fan'' (he isn''t, basically he doesn''t really care that much about football, so says he supports Norwich because his Mum or whoever supports Norwich) is a bit silly....

We could get a load of celebrities to own us, would be quite funny...

That may be where he lvies most of the time i don''t know, but i do know he bought a girl i know family''s house out in the country, maybe a retreat, a very nice retreat!I find it a bit odd we were asking celebrities for money, but i guess it''s a good idea, sure there are lots of celebs out there who would like be own part of a club

I think its a bit weird that we are just mail-shotting people. Sniffs a bit of "unprofessional" and "desperate".Didn''t we pay a guy a couple of season''s back to drum up new investment? If this is his doing, I would epect the club to ask for their money back !!Oh, and Johnny Depp does live in France and has a very nice town house in Bath.

Hugh Jackman isnt a Norwich fan... he just went to a game once... Lets stop this silly "celebrity fan" stuff now shall we?he has proved in that interview he knows nothing about the club apart from the fact it exists.

I dont see the harm in any of this.. money is money! We all scream and shout at the idea of Paul being backed in the transfer window, but then get sniffy at the clubs attempts to secure funding from people with a conection to the club. Oh dear a famous person taking an intrest in what we are up to, how terrible and how terrible of him to talk about us and raise our profile! I guessing that he wont be a real fan till he gets a season ticket right, pretty sure reading on here thats how it works [;)]

If we get enough celebs involved we would be like the "Planet Hollywood" of the football world. What a brand to sell to the world!

No birchfest, he doesn''t have to be a season ticket holder, but just saying he''s a Norwich fan in a couple of interviews because he went to one game, doesn''t make him a Norwich fan. At least he knows were in the premiership, thats something but do you really think he is actually a fan? Its just something that got asked in an interview and he gave an answer, i would be very surprised if he showed any interest in Norwich at all...

Who gives a flying **** if he''s a bona fide fan or not - at least its good publicity for the club!  The more the merrier if it gets us noticed.

[quote user="Number 9"]Ref johnny dep,

Bought an ex la semi on larkman lane, rents to stundents & just lives there in the summer[/quote]

I thought I saw him in the post office queue on a Monday morning collecting his money, then he went over the road to Aldi to get some tinnies and baccy.

What I can''t understand about the article is that Jackman seems to make out that the door is now shut on investing!!

I''d doubt that very much and if he regrets not doing it then why not do it now!

Whether us ''fans'' are putting Delia, Fry, or Hugh Jackman on the rack; the Pink ''Un (yet again) a sanctimonious bunch of cretins is the way i sees it.What''s with all the pretentious nonsense, as if being a fan is some ''achievement''? I think i missed the ''bar mizvah'' like induction into Norwich City fandom. Do i need to speak Hebrew, or recite the squad of the 1962 League Cup final?Pardon me, but i think it''s about time some other posters on here grew the **** up.

Hell hath no fury like a Norwich fan scorned by trifling light hearted chatter from an adoring public figure.

John are you being serious?

Your making stuff up, its not an achievement being a Norwich fan, know one has said that. I was purely pointing out, that Jackman (probably) isn''t a Norwich fan really, doesn''t matter how many games he''s been to, obviously he could be a die hard Norwich fan and just doesn''t have the time to get to games, but it just seems like it was a easy answer to a question in an interview years ago because his Mum or whoever is a Norwich fan.

There is no test to become a Norwich fan, the only way you can really define one, at a basic level is just following the team. If he checks the results every week or so, wants Norwich to do well etc then fine he''s a Norwich fan, but i really doubt he has any interest in Football at all.

What on earth is your problem John? I don''t question people''s support of Norwich generally, its just a bit strange to me than Hugh Jackman has been asked to invest because once he said he was a Norwich fan.....

I really don''t know why i''m bothering to post this, or on here at all I must be crazy....

God people on here get aggresive quickly don''t they.I think in the interview Jackman claims that he got a letter asking for investment because he is a HUGE fan, then he goes on to admit he wouldn''t call himself that as he had only ever been to one game.I agree with some other posters, there is no harm getting investment from ''celebrity'' figures, they wont be looking to rip the club off. I also think it is to late for this level of investment, it would never have been a million or anything, but it would have helped out in getting us to the prem, now we are in the prem it is not as vital to get these small investors in, perhaps someone will be willing to pump a good amount in though, although i am happy with our current set up at the club.

''He added he used the internet to keep tabs on how Paul Lambert’s team

are faring and said although the Canaries will find it tough in the top

flight that he believes “they are ready”.''This to me indicates that he is a fan, perhaps not an avid one but a fan none the less. I have no problem with our club approaching him for a minor investment and I''m disappointed that he turned down the opportunity, it would help our ''brand'' and reputation to have a Hollywood A-lister as a shareholder.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]''He added he used the internet to keep tabs on how Paul Lambert’s team

are faring and said although the Canaries will find it tough in the top

flight that he believes “they are ready”.''[/quote]I wonder if he posts on here?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mr. Bump"]''He added he used the internet to keep tabs on how Paul Lambert’s team are faring and said although the Canaries will find it tough in the top flight that he believes “they are ready”.''

[/quote]

I wonder if he posts on here?

[/quote]

I know him, and he does.

Talk about not being able to win!!!! Posters on here berate the Board for not getting investment ( a euphemism for a gift let us remember as no one actually invests in a football club) and when news of a failed bid to get investment slips out, posters are embarrassed and critical.

This is ridiculous. The club needs money and high net worth people with an interest in the club are a sensible place to look for it. Equally, such people are entitled to say no.If Jackman had said yes and invested a couple of million, we''d be delighted

What exactly is the problem here?

Oh no bor some convict wants to invest in our boys in Yellow!  HOUND HIM OUT!  He ain''t a Norfolk born and bred.And people wonder why Norfolk is seen as insular.....