Sign in to follow this  
.takecare.

So who's applying for villa ?

I''m hoping too, but can''t find anybody to go with :( Have anybody ever been to an away game on their own? If so, what''s it like?!

[quote user="marvin the martian"]It''s like going to any other away game but you don''t have anyone to talk to.[/quote]

Cracking answer

I use to go most games by myself, as I didn''t know many other fans that could go.

You have something in common with everyone in the ground / away sections, so talking to people is not really a problem

I went to the Walsall game a couple of seasons ago on my own, as the rearranged date wasn''t any good for the people i usually go to midlands away games with.

Possibly one of my favourite away games ever. Brilliant atmosphere, I chatted with most people around me, there was a little old girl in front of me who looked quite quiet and frail but then started mouthing off at the ref and turning round to me f''ing and blinding about him! And the game itself was a cracker too!

And I''m hoping to get to Villa this year yep.

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]I use to go most games by myself, as I didn''t know many other fans that could go. You have something in common with everyone in the ground / away sections, so talking to people is not really a problem[/quote]

As much as it pains me to say it, I''m not going to bother trying to get a ticket, as it will go to a more deserving fan who gets to more away games than myself, and can see this is going to be an on going thing throughout the season, even if we are given 5000+ tickets, I was looking forward to a visit back to the homeland but seems it will have to be on a none football day, good luck to all who apply. 

On a serious note, I think £40 is a bit steep, thats only a couple of quid less than Old Trafford and Anfield.

[quote user="CDMullins"]On a serious note, I think £40 is a bit steep, thats only a couple of quid less than Old Trafford and Anfield.[/quote]

And probably a couple less than we''ll charge Villa fans...

I''ve applied, going with a couple of mates (if we are successful).

I used to go to away games by myself when I lived up North and there was always someone to talk to, got talking to one guy at Preston who lived in the same town as me and was involved with the Northern Canaries, that was the last time I travelled to a game by myself.

[quote user="CDMullins"]On a serious note, I think £40 is a bit steep, thats only a couple of quid less than Old Trafford and Anfield.[/quote]

And £23 for U-16''s. Ouch.

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]I use to go most games by myself, as I didn''t know many other fans that could go.

You have something in common with everyone in the ground / away sections, so talking to people is not really a problem[/quote]Oh, if only Smudger still posted here....

Didn''t bother with the tourist attraction that Old Trafford is these days, but I am going to Villa. Got train tickets weeks ago to get a good price (£33.90) Norwich-Peterborough-Witton and back again! Think we''ll sell the full 3000 allocation, and there''s a good chance of getting something from the game. Looking forward to it.

for those of us ''unfortunates'' in group 4/5 the likelyhood of getting a ticket for most away games this season is unlikely. I did manage to get one for the Chelski game and probably will for QPR because of the 2nd January fixture but until the Season Ticket waiting list gets sorted and I can get ''bumped up'' the queue it looks like home games mostly this season.

I will be very surprised if this is over subscribed at the ballot stage. £40 is a lot considering there are some expensive ones either side. Man Utd, Liverpool and then Man City. Some people just don''t have this sort of money, especially when you look at the costs of travel etc. Man Utd had a number of big game only away fans, but I was surprised that Liverpool went down to a ballot for group 5, especially as away allocations are only 2000 there. I''m not sure Villa is a big enough pull to pay that sort of money.This away support thing is getting very expensive and I will be surprised if all our away allocations go to ballot. Come on, I can''t see 2000 trekking back down to Swansea again at £35 this time! 

Ive managed to find somebody to go with, but he wont find his customer number until tonight, as he is at work. if i sent the forms in the post tomorrow morning using a 1st class stamp, will it get there by 5pm thursday (from yarmouth)?

I will be there but as my friend is a Villa fan I made a drunken promise I would sit in the Villa fans! But on the return leg he will be seating with the Norwich fans

[quote user="TheJarrold"]

for those of us ''unfortunates'' in group 4/5 the likelyhood of getting a ticket for most away games this season is unlikely.[/quote]

Not true. Only Man United tickets of our away games so far didn''t go to

general sale. Also anyone in group 4 (which i guess you are) who

applied, will have got a Liverpool ticket.

[quote user="davenjosh city till we die"]Hi Harry,got room for more,or maybe two! Thought you said the price bit high in the car up for Sunderland game,man u was fantastic pal! Just got my voice back,speak soon mate!!![/quote]I was persuaded to go a couple of days later by being offered travel for £10, as far as I know the car is full, will let you know if things change.I take it you want a lift for Swansea so Lisa can have the car for swimming?

My mate lives near the ground. he has got us home tickets, they are £24 for adults in certain parts of the ground.Just have to keep my head down when we score. Or maybe not!