Sign in to follow this  
Big Rons Brain

Severely Restricted View Tickets for Liverpool

After picking the Anfield game as a stand-out away fixture to go to, getting a ticket through ballet as a super-member (been to 2 away games and a home so far this season from Sheffield), and shelling 41 quid, I am gutted that I have been assigned a severly restricted view position.  Looking on the web, it basically means you can''t see the far end goal when standing, which will of course be obligatory for the away fans.Why do they bother selling such comprimised seats at this price?  Think I shall have to cancel and refund as it would be frustrating beyond belief to not see the action,:while I enjoy the atmosphere, my main reason to go is actually to see the game clearly with my own eyes.Based on this ticket I didn''t apply for Villa, which has now closed for applications.I am in row 34, anyone else have seats here? What are you planning on doing?I think I will pass on displeasure to the club and see if I can at least get a bite at the Villa application instead.Gutted.BRB.

[quote user="Big Rons Brain"]After picking the Anfield game as a stand-out away fixture to go to, getting a ticket through ballet as a super-member (been to 2 away games and a home so far this season from Sheffield), and shelling 41 quid, I am gutted that I have been assigned a severly restricted view position.  Looking on the web, it basically means you can''t see the far end goal when standing, which will of course be obligatory for the away fans.

Why do they bother selling such comprimised seats at this price?  Think I shall have to cancel and refund as it would be frustrating beyond belief to not see the action,:while I enjoy the atmosphere, my main reason to go is actually to see the game clearly with my own eyes.

Based on this ticket I didn''t apply for Villa, which has now closed for applications.

I am in row 34, anyone else have seats here? What are you planning on doing?

I think I will pass on displeasure to the club and see if I can at least get a bite at the Villa application instead.

Gutted.

BRB.

[/quote]

I went to Highbury last time we were in the prem and got tickets in th back row of the side stand, everyone stood and my son and I couldnt very much as the roof is so low it was looking through a letter box so much so we could only see half way acroos the pitch and only one goal.

I complained to the carrow rd box office who didnt want to know as "it is an Arsenal problem" I said you sold me the ticket, but that didnt make any difference they didnt care, so I cant see you having much joy at the box office unless they have changed their attitue/policy.

I did then write to Arsenal explaining the situation and that it had cost me £100 including train fare, they rang me within a day or so and refunded me £100,,,great service

Apologies for taking this a little OT,but how bad are the restricted views at CR?Are they a complete waste of money or mildly irritating?

[quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="Big Rons Brain"]After picking the Anfield game as a stand-out away fixture to go to, getting a ticket through ballet as a super-member (been to 2 away games and a home so far this season from Sheffield), and shelling 41 quid, I am gutted that I have been assigned a severly restricted view position.  Looking on the web, it basically means you can''t see the far end goal when standing, which will of course be obligatory for the away fans.

Why do they bother selling such comprimised seats at this price?  Think I shall have to cancel and refund as it would be frustrating beyond belief to not see the action,:while I enjoy the atmosphere, my main reason to go is actually to see the game clearly with my own eyes.

Based on this ticket I didn''t apply for Villa, which has now closed for applications.

I think I will pass on displeasure to the club and see if I can at least get a bite at the Villa application instead.

Gutted.

BRB.

[/quote]

I went to Highbury last time we were in the prem and got tickets in th back row of the side stand, everyone stood and my son and I couldnt very much as the roof is so low it was looking through a letter box so much so we could only see half way acroos the pitch and only one goal.

I complained to the carrow rd box office who didnt want to know as "it is an Arsenal problem" I said you sold me the ticket, but that didnt make any difference they didnt care, so I cant see you having much joy at the box office unless they have changed their attitue/policy.

I did then write to Arsenal explaining the situation and that it had cost me £100 including train fare, they rang me within a day or so and refunded me £100,,,great service

[/quote]

Taking this to the nth degree, the original problem was indeed NCFC''s who sold you the ticket for the Arsenal game, and not Arsenal''s. Great PR from Arsenal, when technically they didn''t have to do anything, and I really suspect that if another situaition like this arose now, then our new regime would play by the book, and take responsibility.

Most who have been to Anfield would vouch for this - One of the most over rated grounds anywhere. The away end has the leg room for a 12 year old and the views aren''t great. The away end at Barnsleys better than the Anfield Road away end at Anfield!

Liverpool play on the mystique of Anfield, but believe me its not great!

As for Carrow Roads restricted views in the City stand Wensum infill, snake pit and the Aviva Community stand caused by the floodlight stanchions of the Barclay and River End stands - Yes theirs some some sight restriction but its not that bad when you can readjust your head. Many other grounds are much worse!

Anyway the club have had plans in the past to make the Barclay and River End stand roofs cantivelever which would eliminate the need for floodlight stanchions, I suspect as time continues to goes by with the late 70''s/ early 80''s roof designs still in place and IF we can sustain our Premiership status for a number of seasons then in the next 20 years we may see both end stands replaced with bigger and better versions?

[quote user="crabbycanary"][quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="Big Rons Brain"]After picking the Anfield game as a stand-out away fixture to go to, getting a ticket through ballet as a super-member (been to 2 away games and a home so far this season from Sheffield), and shelling 41 quid, I am gutted that I have been assigned a severly restricted view position.  Looking on the web, it basically means you can''t see the far end goal when standing, which will of course be obligatory for the away fans.Why do they bother selling such comprimised seats at this price?  Think I shall have to cancel and refund as it would be frustrating beyond belief to not see the action,:while I enjoy the atmosphere, my main reason to go is actually to see the game clearly with my own eyes.Based on this ticket I didn''t apply for Villa, which has now closed for applications.I am in row 34, anyone else have seats here? What are you planning on doing?I think I will pass on displeasure to the club and see if I can at least get a bite at the Villa application instead.Gutted.BRB.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Taking this to the nth degree, the original problem was indeed NCFC''s who sold you the ticket for the Arsenal game, and not Arsenal''s. Great PR from Arsenal, when technically they didn''t have to do anything, and I really suspect that if another situaition like this arose now, then our new regime would play by the book, and take responsibility.[/quote]Surely as the money for the tickets went to Arsenal so they should be the ones who deal with it?

I am row 33 for Anfield which is the row just before you get a restricted view.  I got lucky [:)]

Harry , it is because City buy ( handle) the tickets from the Arse. It''s akin to you buying a ticket from an agency to a concert at say the O2. If there was a problem, then you would take it up with the ticket agency and not the O2. City would have been happy to take a slice from Arsenal for the tickets but didn''t want to bother with subtle things like (post) customer care !

It''s not just restricted views which can be a problem at away games - there is the question of space too. At Old Trafford last week when I sat down I found that my knee was digging painfully into the seat in front and no amount of wriggling about could get me more comfortable. Fortunately as everyone stood up for the entire game it did not matter too much in the end, but I pity those six-footers in the home sections of the ground who are forced by the stewards to stay seated in such cramped conditions every week!

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="crabbycanary"][quote user="city4eva"]

Gutted.

BRB.

[/quote]

[/quote] Taking this to the nth degree, the original problem was indeed NCFC''s who sold you the ticket for the Arsenal game, and not Arsenal''s. Great PR from Arsenal, when technically they didn''t have to do anything, and I really suspect that if another situaition like this arose now, then our new regime would play by the book, and take responsibility.[/quote]

Surely as the money for the tickets went to Arsenal so they should be the ones who deal with it?
[/quote]

What a superb response from Arsenal.

As for the law - depends on whether our box office act as agents and I''m not sure on the law re the role of agents in contracts. May be Purple Canary can help regarding the legal aspects.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

davenjosh city till we die!!!!Sorry to tell you mate! But been there before,and the view is not great total waste of money mate,good luck?

I''ve heard that Goodison is not too good for leg room etc. Anybody got any views.

[/quote]

I can confirm that Goodison Park is a shed with hardly any leg room.  If you remember the "old" Theatre Royal, that''s the kind of leg room you can look forward to - you basically have to peer over your knees to see the game.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

davenjosh city till we die!!!!Sorry to tell you mate! But been there before,and the view is not great total waste of money mate,good luck?

I''ve heard that Goodison is not too good for leg room etc. Anybody got any views.

[/quote]

I can confirm that Goodison Park is a shed with hardly any leg room.  If you remember the "old" Theatre Royal, that''s the kind of leg room you can look forward to - you basically have to peer over your knees to see the game.

[/quote]Goodison needs pulling down to be honest. The ground is living on past glories, a bit like Hillsborough. Views from the away side are pretty awful especially lower down.Anfield is also a very tired ground and they desperately need to move to a new stadium. At one time the away fans seating was along the side but now that everyone is crammed in behind the goal viewing angles are very poor.I suppose it would be too much to ask that football clubs print '' Restricted View '' on tickets for those seats affected and charge less for them.They do it at places like the Royal Albert Hall and at Wimbledon for the tennis so why can''t they do the same for football matches ?

May be its time for people to take pictures of the view from the various away grounds for:

a) the away grounds site so people have a reference for future seasons 

b) supporting docs for a claim for a refund if the view is restricted (and they dont tell you in advance of buying the ticket(s))

May be its time for people to take pictures of the view from the various away grounds for:

a) the away grounds site so people have a reference for future seasons 

b) supporting docs for a claim for a refund if the view is restricted (and they dont tell you in advance of buying the ticket(s))

[/quote]

Good idea,especially if they are charging the same as a decent view!

May be its time for people to take pictures of the view from the various away grounds

[/quote]I did that at Palace last year, and what a splendid view it was.[img]http://i55.tinypic.com/35b58ad.jpg[/img]

[quote user="Northluck C."][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

May be its time for people to take pictures of the view from the various away grounds

[/quote]

I did that at Palace last year, and what a splendid view it was.

[img]http://i55.tinypic.com/35b58ad.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I had a similar situation at Hillsbrough once, excpet only half the goal was covered [:P]

I''ve sat in the Main Stand and seen City win 3-1! 

Todays quiz - what year was that?

[/quote]You must have been on the train with the Capital Canaries, Tangy?Suggett, Peters, MacDougall........1975That was a great day out !

The seats in Anfield are a joke.   If you''re sat next to anyone other than a child, you''ll be at risk from a DVT by half-time.   What''s even worse is, that the seats in the Directors Box are just the same - except they''ve got a bit of cushion on them....was sat there the other week for one of the U-19 European League games...

Anfield is a shed, CR is infinitely better, I''ve no idea what the great mystique about the stadium is...

Ring the box office now Freddy! They''ve jsut called me as I was unsuccessful in the ballot. I''ve got mine through an away season ticket holder so said thanks but no.