Sign in to follow this  
anonamoose

Swansea Predictions?

Formation and personnel unchanged after good Man U performance.Score prediction is tough, Swansea have been poor away from home although have played Man C, Arsenal and Chelsea. Looked very good last year at Carrow road. I am worried by the pace of Swansea and Danny Graham will obviously be a threat.I think it''ll be a close home win, either a 2-1 or a 1-0 depending on whether we get a spot of luck come Saturday.

We have to keep Sinclair bottled up as well as Graham. Their attack is more potent than ours, and withj midfielders returning from injury we have a game on our hands.

But our defence is improving all the while.

I''ll go for 1-1 or 2-2, in the hope that our stirkers find their shooting boots!

[quote user="Salopian"]We have to keep Sinclair bottled up as well as Graham. Their attack is more potent than ours, and withj midfielders returning from injury we have a game on our hands. But our defence is improving all the while. I''ll go for 1-1 or 2-2, in the hope that our stirkers find their shooting boots![/quote]

To be fair Swansea have only scored 1 goal away from home in the league this season and overall 1 less goal than us.

Sinclair is a good player but he''s also quite predictable.

The biggest problem with playing against Swansea is keeping focus for the long periods they''ll keep the ball (without doing much with it).

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Salopian"]We have to keep Sinclair bottled up as well as Graham. Their attack is more potent than ours, and withj midfielders returning from injury we have a game on our hands. But our defence is improving all the while. I''ll go for 1-1 or 2-2, in the hope that our stirkers find their shooting boots![/quote]

To be fair Swansea have only scored 1 goal away from home in the league this season and overall 1 less goal than us.

Sinclair is a good player but he''s also quite predictable.

The biggest problem with playing against Swansea is keeping focus for the long periods they''ll keep the ball (without doing much with it).

[/quote]

A bit like us you mean, I think it will be close but a 3-1 to us

It will be a tough match for sure but I think that Swansea''s passing football style may just play into our hands this year compared to last. (Yes, we won last 2-0 at carrow road but that did not reflect the performance).

This year, we are set-up in a 4-5-1 counter-attacking style compared with the 4-1-2-1-2 attacking diamond.

Swansea have received many plaudits for their style of play but haven''t got the cutting edge relative to their possession stats. Their man threat will obviously come from the wings (Dyer and Sinclair) but ironically it''s perhaps the two fullbacks where we are the strongest at the moment.

Graham vs. Morison will decide who wins. Changes won''t be flowing and both are hard-workers but need to stick the change away when it comes.

Norwich 1-0 Swansea.

Ben I also hope you dream comes true... but maybe thats a little optimistic (altho stranger things have happened!!)

I personally dont make predications - its bad luck for me! I do think its going to be very tough though

I agree with bovril, there two best attacking options are coming against two of our best performers this season in tierney and naughton.

The key is that when our full backs go forward that there is cover and that there is no sloppy play otherwise they could break away. But personally I think we have two full backs who can handle them.

If we get into our stride early I can see 2-0. If however we struggle to get going (which after two weeks out can happen) then it will be a tougher game, however I believe we can still win 1-0 if that is the case.

I expect very much for a win and to be honest I think we will get our clean sheet, will former player lita come on and cause trouble. Possibly but I do think we have a defence that is capable of keeping their forwards quiet.

3-1 hoolahanx1 morrisonx2 and also think leroy will score for them would love a clean sheet and no penalties or red cards OTBC

3-0 Swansea. Got a really bad feeling about this and their pace will be to much for us.