Sign in to follow this  
Mr McGoo

Bell road

me the misses and kids have managed to get a house at last.been a bit of a mess about as couldnt go view beforee taking. However to get back on track its in Bell road is this a nice area? regardless its too late anyway but we''d like to know and also whats the pubs near by like and are any streaming the game. thanks

Thanks gents what''s the "fat cat brewery tap" like and. Are there shops close by to bell road I''m always running out of beers at silly oclock

Quite a few local shops open early if you want half bottle of Scotch to wash the cornflakes down, always better than milk...

The Whalebone (gald to hear it is still open by the way) and the Crusty Corner bring back many happy memories for me. I lived here in the mid 80''s whilst a student in a right dive (five of us in a small terrace with no central heating ) but loved my time living here. We lived next door to this old boy (Billy) who had been born in his house before WW1. Other memories include late night chips and curry sauce from the chineese on the corner and Mervyn from Mr Beetle whose workshop was round the back alley, which I think used to be an abbatoir before that.