Sign in to follow this  
Joanna Grey

Model Club

We have heard in the past that we were trying to emulate the likes of Charlton and Burnley as they were the "Model Clubs". Are we now the Club that lower league Clubs look to for inspiration? It seems to me that our success is based on three major factors; our large fan base, our C.E. and our excellent manager (obviously the players but this is Lambert''s team), I don''t think too many teams can pull off this hat trick.

You seem to easily overlook the passion and everlasting commitment to NCFC of the major shareholders

They have been slagged off mercilessly on this forum but they are still leading this ''model'' club

I don''t think teams need to have all of those things to try and emulate us. Even with our massive crowds we were (apparently) very close to going bust not so long ago.

I know a few Forest fans have mentioned to me recently that they want the new chairman to go about things similarly to how we have done (in fact, the chairman himself may have said that, I''m not sure). But basically, they mean that they need to start being smart in the transfer window, get in a good manager (I''m not sure how they feel about Cotterill to be honest, most of them wanted to try and nab Clarke, or maybe even Robins as he''s unattached), and build a club without the need for big money. They''ve also got the big fanbase. So even if really small clubs can''t try and emulate us, I think those sort of low to mid table championship clubs like Forest, Derby, Coventry etc. who have got a bit of history and size about them, can certainly use us as inspiration.