Sign in to follow this  
Kolin Kob

Norwich - Swansea player ratings

Anyone?I thought the team performance was awesome, but I couldn''t tell who anyone was on the bad stream I was watching it on.

I''m with nan but I''d up them all by one and give Morison a 9...the amount of 30/70 balls he won was crazy. a nearly perfect centre forward display from a man who have played 2 games more than most in the last 2 weeks. SM knockers feckorft! you are clueless. Before today I was still 50/50 on Bennett but he''s got me know - a classy player.

I did grin at Barnett not even see his man when he went for the header with D.Graham...I''m glad that was him and not me. ouch!

Morison was a definite 9 for me, as Spencer says the number of balls he won that he had no ''right'' to was astounding. The rest could easily get 7s and 8s, no one played poorly, any moans would be a bit harsh.

Agree with Pickle, 7s and 8s all round, Morison with the only 9, and the only thing stopping him getting a 10 today was that he had no goal to show for his efforts which were simply outstanding.

Noone played badly today at all. Having seen the game on the PC I can''t give anyone under a seven but here''s my opinion:

Ruddy - Very little to do but what he did have to do he did well. Good distribution today. - 7

Tierney - Got forward well and was full of energy. Was always an option and did his job by keeping the wide man quiet. - 7

Martin - Faultless defensively and even foraged forward a couple of times with the ball beyond the midfield plus a nice little glance for his goal. - 8

Barnett - Supurb display. Read the game very well today and he looks like he has learnt from his earlier games. - 7

Naughton - Great display full of running and kept Sinclair quiet for most of the game. - 7.5

Pilkington - Quick feet and knows how to find space well. Caused lots of problems where ever he popped up and bagged a brace.  - 8

Fox - Great passing great running great determination. Erm, he was great. - 7

Johnson - Full of powerful running and a real strength both defending and going forward with his physical presence. Would like to see him hit the target more often but a good display again. - 7

Bennett - Full of energy and pinged over some really difficult crosses to defend. Love the early ball in and love the work rate. - 8

Hoolahan - Ran his nuts off and dug in from deep positions where he won balls he had no right to given his size. Caused problems all day just sitting in front of the midfield. - 8

Morrison - MOM - Running Running Running oh and some more running. As the lone man up top he was there to be a problem and a problem he was. He just didn''t let it go all day and closed down everything, won everything and tackled everything. The unsung hero in many ways because he probably put in more of a shift than anyone, and that''s saying something, but he didn''t ever get the reward that his efforts deserved. - 9

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

Noone played badly today at all. Having seen the game on the PC I can''t give anyone under a seven but here''s my opinion:

Ruddy - Very little to do but what he did have to do he did well. Good distribution today. - 7

Tierney - Got forward well and was full of energy. Was always an option and did his job by keeping the wide man quiet. - 7

Martin - Faultless defensively and even foraged forward a couple of times with the ball beyond the midfield plus a nice little glance for his goal. - 8

Barnett - Supurb display. Read the game very well today and he looks like he has learnt from his earlier games. - 7

Naughton - Great display full of running and kept Sinclair quiet for most of the game. - 7.5

Pilkington - Quick feet and knows how to find space well. Caused lots of problems where ever he popped up and bagged a brace.  - 8

Johnson - Full of powerful running and a real strength both defending and going forward with his physical presence. Would like to see him hit the target more often but a good display again. - 7

Bennett - Full of energy and pinged over some really difficult crosses to defend. Love the early ball in and love the work rate. - 8

Hoolahan - Ran his nuts off and dug in from deep positions where he won balls he had no right to given his size. Caused problems all day just sitting in front of the midfield. - 8

Morrison - MOM - Running Running Running oh and some more running. As the lone man up top he was there to be a problem and a problem he was. He just didn''t let it go all day and closed down everything, won everything and tackled everything. The unsung hero in many ways because he probably put in more of a shift than anyone, and that''s saying something, but he didn''t ever get the reward that his efforts deserved. - 9

[/quote]Agree with all of the above. Apart from maybe giving fox a 7.5 or 8 just for his free kick for the goal. Perfect delivery

[/quote]

Naughton deserves at least an 8. Other than the run that lead to their goal (which had some considerable luck involved) Sinclair didn''t get a sniff all game. Some fantastic tackling and still managed to support Bennett in attack

[/quote]

Totally agree apart from i think Tierney deserves a 8, kept his side quiet for the majority of the game and bombed it forwards a lot causing Swanseas attacking wingers back!

OTBC

Ruddy -        7    He should have taken a news paper to read, dull afternoon but sure hes not complaining !Tierney       - 7.5    Perhaps our most constistant player. Great shift as everR.Martin  -   8    This chap is a revalation at CB !!!Barnett   -    7.5  Can he actually be beaten in the air ?Naughton -   7.5   Can we make him a NCFC player in January ?Johnson       7   Still dwells on the ball to long at times. Not his best but no means a bad showingFox             7   Relatively quiet for meWes           6.5    Not his best outing. Frustatingly did his 1 touch / move / step to far routine most afternoon. Pilkington    8.5  MoM, 2 well taken goals great work rate and understanding. Purchase of the Summer.Bennett      7.5  Great Work rate, almost better on defence than attack. Great little player with more to come :)Morrison   7.5   Finally saw a glimpse of something I like !Note : Holt has a slick new hair cut and seems to have shed a pie or two. Looked pretty dangerous when he came on but that lone gunman slot really belongs to Morrison now !

Ruddy - 6, impossible to score more highly when he barely touched the ball.

Naughton - 7, apart from the goal, Sinclair was very quiet.

R.Martin - 8, comfortable and a great header for the goal

Barnett - 7, rock once again, distribution poor at times.

Tierney - 7, Mr Dependable

Fox - 7, lots of unfancy but vital work off the ball and kept us ticking.

Johnson - 7, like Fox he got through a lot of work, he has some engine.

Hoolahan - 7, quiet but his off the ball play has improved ten fold

Bennett - 7, helped Naughton with Sinclair going some way to deciding the result but also looked dangerous himself

Pilkington - 8, looks sharper with every game following his return from a leg break.

Morison - 9, the best centre forward performance i''ve seen for years. Makes the system work.

All the team has played well but Morison has been outstanding in his role of lonely striker, great performance despite of the lack of goal.

One thing I noticed which was a bit peculiar was that often when Swansea broke down the wings it was Pilkington and Bennett who were on the byline with them, and Naughton and Tierney were quite a way inside.

Just look at when Sinclair went down in the box before Graham scored. He was tussling with Barnett and Bennett.