Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Special mention to Kyle Naughton

The guy is class, and would fit into any premiership team.I hope that Spurs do great things this season and have money to burn, and if we do stay up we are able to make Mr Naughton ours.

he is very good but was partly at fault for Swanseas goal on saturday for letting Sinclair get between him and Bennett to cross even though he was stumbling!!!

He has settled nicely. He seems to have built up a good understanding with Bennett and I would look to make the deal permanent if Spurs werent asking for stupid sums. But Tierney has been the standout defensive perfomer by a country mile. What a season the guy is having. And to think I had a mate who supports Colchester who doubted whether he could handle the championship.

Kyle Walker is having a similar season for Spurs as Tierney is having for us and should be seriously looked at for the RB spot in the England squad by Capello.

Naughton is far from the finished article but we should be able to get a good deal (quality to price ratio) for him in January if Lambert wanted him and Naughton himself wanted to make it permanent.

Naughton is making the role his own, great link up play with EB (as mentioned), looks composed and for a guy with a lack of height and body size can challenge well.

I agree if Morison wasn''t given man of the match it was Naughton who was second best performer, he has made that right back berth his own. As has Tierney with the left back position.

What Naughton has is that low centre of gravity aloowing him to stay on his feet and keep with a challenging winger. We were up against three very capable fast attractive ball carrying midfielders and we coped admirably.

Think it would be an end of the season question and very much if Naughton wanted to be here. But right now we can enjoy having two full backs that are actually playing as well as any full back pairing I have seen at carrow road since the early nineties.

The goal, well Naughton stopped from doing a silly challenge and allowed EB to track into the box. Sinclair improvised brilliantly to put the ball inthe box it somehow was the perfect ball to Graham and with his scuffed shot found the only bit of the goal that was not covered.

A bit of a freak goal and not one that can come down to real blame. Not when facing Sinclair, Dyer and Routledge for a full 90 minutes and not giving them a truely brilliant opportunity.

I am very pleased with Naughton, I am sure Spurs are too. But lets enjoy it and hope we can perform consistently to the standards we have set ourselves.

I''d love us to get Kyle Naughton signed up but I reckon it''ll be him and Walker as the 2 RBs at Spurs in 2012/13 and Corluka will move on. I hope I''m wrong though.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]I''d love us to get Kyle Naughton signed up but I reckon it''ll be him and Walker as the 2 RBs at Spurs in 2012/13 and Corluka will move on. I hope I''m wrong though.[/quote]

Or they might stick with Corluka because he can do a job at centreback.

Might also help to keep Modric happy having his fellow Croats, Corluka and Kranjcar, around the place.

It entirely depends on if we stay up or not. I think he would want to stay in the Premiership if he was to sign for a club permanently and he will have Premiership suitors apart from us. How much would he cost? £3-4 million?

Corluka because he can do a job at centreback?

I''m not certain he can do a job at RB?!...a lot of my Spurs pals agree with me here. Corluka was many of their fans 4th choice RB when the season started. Centreback - not really...they tried it, it failed.

...and on 100K a week he can have as many of his family and friend over as he likes.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]Corluka because he can do a job at centreback? I''m not certain he can do a job at RB?!...a lot of my Spurs pals agree with me here. Corluka was many of their fans 4th choice RB when the season started. Centreback - not really...they tried it, it failed. ...and on 100K a week he can have as many of his family and friend over as he likes.[/quote]

Oh yeah, I never said Corluka was a particularly good player but obviously he has been known to play at centreback because he''s got a bit of height.

I don''t even need my Spurs pals to tell me that ;-)