Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

This week I''m going for

Chelsea v Everton - Home Win

Good luck everyone, especially MMMK

PS 26 Nov is good for me Nutty

Half as short and still just as likely to win as Barce, Real Madrid to beat Betis, who have suffered two stinging losses recently.Also surprisingly none of the PUP''s have picked any of the other games in my proposed line this week, certainly an omen and I''ll think I''ll leave it this week!Good luck everyone!

After much deliberation, my final six are:

Rangers -v- St Mirren      HOME WIN      

(Saturday 15.00)

Exeter -v- Huddersfield      AWAY WIN

(Saturday 15.00)

Wrexham -v- Stockport      HOME WIN

(Saturday 15.00)

Lyon -v- Nancy      HOME WIN

(Saturday 18.00)

Barcelona -v- Racing Santander      HOME WIN

(Saturday 19.00)

Derry City -v- Galway Utd      HOME WIN

(Sunday 17.00)

Nutty, my selection is Rangers to win please.

Many thanks to everyone for their selections, which were all carefully considered.

Good Luck everyone  [<:o)]

[quote user="Mandie Moos Mear Kat"]

After much deliberation, my final six are:

Rangers -v- St Mirren      HOME WIN      

(Saturday 15.00)

Exeter -v- Huddersfield      AWAY WIN

(Saturday 15.00)

Wrexham -v- Stockport      HOME WIN

(Saturday 15.00)

Lyon -v- Nancy      HOME WIN

(Saturday 18.00)

Barcelona -v- Racing Santander      HOME WIN

(Saturday 19.00)

Derry City -v- Galway Utd      HOME WIN

(Sunday 17.00)

Nutty, my selection is Rangers to win please.

Many thanks to everyone for their selections, which were all carefully considered.

Good Luck everyone  [<:o)]

[/quote]

Great stuff Nigel. That''s a really well thought out final six. I think we have an excellent chance of bagging two in a row with these.[Y]

I checked each of our three accounts for these. Ladbrokes and Stan James both gave potential returns of £54.60 but Bet 365 beat them. So the bet has been placed on Bet 365 with a potential return of £57.80 : -

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
Rangers @ 1/5
Huddersfield @ 5/6
Wrexham @ 8/11
Lyon @ 4/11
Barcelona @ 1/16
Derry City @ 1/20
Six-Folds, 1 bet * £10.00
14/10/2011 21:12:5110.000.00

Nigel has ensured another weekend of excitement for us PUPs with matches throughout Saturday followed by hopefully a deciding leg early Sunday evening. I love knowing City fans all over the world are checking results from random football matches all over the world united in raising funds for our beloved football club''s academy[:)]

Good luck everyone.

In an effort to improve my percentage I''ll go for Bayern Munich to beat Hertha Berlin this week.

Congratulations to Herman and all PUPs for last weekend! [:)]

Really late, but it''s been one of those weeks!

I''m also going for a home win for Barcelona v. Racing Santander.

Good Luck, MMMK!

Nutty. Still not sure on the rules here. My pick has not been selected by MMMK and there doesn''t seem to be odds on bet365, although there are odds on oddschecker through various others. Will my pick still count towards the pups league even if its not on bet 365, or do I have to select another?

Thanks

Hi Scoobs. I''ll allow your pick this weekend because the final selections have already been made. The reason we need games to be listed by Bet365 is because otherwise if they were used in the final selections I wouldn''t be able to place the bet. I''d hate to be in a position where someone made the final selections and I couldn''t place the bet. So the best way out is everybody selecting matches listed on 365.

I don''t like making rules because both Ray and I always said that there shouldn''t be any censorship on what matches could be selected. But unfortunately now we don''t have Billy this rule can''t be avoided.

I have nothing more to report about Billy. Haven''t heard from him since he told me he was ok and would be in touch soon. When I have more news I will report back but for now I just wish him well because he has done so much for us.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I have nothing more to report about Billy. Haven''t heard from him since he told me he was ok and would be in touch soon. When I have more news I will report back but for now I just wish him well because he has done so much for us.

[/quote]Well said.

What comes around and all that...  After last weeks last minute winner, we''re on the wrong end of a last minute equaliser :(  St Mirren throwing a spanner in the works...

[quote user="Mandie Moo"]I can tell you he''s absolutely gutted :([/quote]

Should''ve gone to Specsavers you silly ol'' moo.

I did give you a City win over Swansea further up the thread - Oh ye of little faith.

And the same applies to Ricardo, Lappinitup, mister chops and all you other doubters.

Wise up.

[quote user="Mandie Moo"]I can tell you he''s absolutely gutted :([/quote]

I bet he is Mandie but there''s no need. MearKat''s six were well thought out but as we have seen over the last few years we still need that bit of luck to get us home. It was with us last week and deserted us this week. Thank you Nigel, it was a great effort and I''ve no doubt you''ll be up there ready to have another go next season.

Oh, and I told you PUPs before, pay no regard to Shyster. If he stays the course he may get the chance to show us all how it''s done next season.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Oh, and I told you PUPs before, pay no regard to Shyster. If he stays the course he may get the chance to show us all how it''s done next season.

[/quote]

lol

[quote user="jed exodous"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

lol

[/quote]

[:)]

[quote user="Scooby"]This week I''m off to lovely Estonia (hope there''s a price for this one. Flora Tallin, who are top with 72 pts are playing bottom of the league Ajax Lasnamäe who have a massive ...erm... 4 pts. Think I''ll go for an away win for Flora! Probably not great odds but it should hopefully be one of 6 in the bag unless the greatest upset in Estonian footballing history happens. Oh, I didn''t mention that Ajax have a goal difference of -146, Ouch! Good luck MMMK (sounds like a Dons fan with a stutter)[/quote]

You managed to scrape through with that choice[;)]

Not sure why 365 didn''t put it up.

Another 5/6 and goals F19 A2, that was really hard luck MMMK[:''(] but as NN says we''ll all be back next week to give it another go[:D]

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Scooby"]This week I''m off to lovely Estonia (hope there''s a price for this one. Flora Tallin, who are top with 72 pts are playing bottom of the league Ajax Lasnamäe who have a massive ...erm... 4 pts. Think I''ll go for an away win for Flora! Probably not great odds but it should hopefully be one of 6 in the bag unless the greatest upset in Estonian footballing history happens. Oh, I didn''t mention that Ajax have a goal difference of -146, Ouch! Good luck MMMK (sounds like a Dons fan with a stutter)[/quote]

[/quote]

perhaps we should have a look at that player Beglarisvili... ;)

[quote user="jed exodous"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

perhaps we should have a look at that player Beglarisvili... ;)

[/quote]

I think the Italians could have done with him.Six 0-0 draws out of eight today[:S]

Not sure if I will be able to make the thread next week so my pick in advanced will be...Newcastle to beat Wigan (not looking good for Wigan)

Good luck all!