Sign in to follow this  
lastminutescreamer

Swans undone by quickfire double

[quote user="lastminutescreamer"]Swansea City slumped to their fourth away defeat of the season on Saturday, this time at the hands of newly-promoted Norwich City. [url]http://wp.me/p1A9Ud-59[/url] [/quote]

Good write up.

We won''t be the ''league minnows'' for too long if we carry on playing like that.Thought you were good in the first half,but Rodgers half-time talk didn''t gee you up.

All the best for the rest of the season.

Really good report that. Nice to see a losing fan see a game the same as a winning fan. I thought Swansea looked great on the ball and their movement in the first half was excellent, but they never really created anything - the goal they did score was a bit lucky as Graham miskicked it. Even in the 25 minute period where they had midfield, it was Norwich who created 4 or 5 decent chances.

If Swansea keep zonal marking for set pieces they will get killed in this league and the Noriwch tactics of stopping Sinclair getting the ball and letting Swansea have the ball in midfield (similar to the way we played at United) worked a treat, mainly because Morison and Johnson were awesome.

Great write up.Nice to see an unbiased report instead of the usual '' we did all work but they fluked it '' kind of summary you usually see. Enjoyed reading the well balanced pre-match analysis too.Called the number of goals spot on but from the Swans point of view a shame we got three of ''em !!Looking forward to reading your sumary of what happened at the Liberty Stadium for the return match.

Interesting view on some of it....for instance that they ''kept getting flagged incorrectly'' for offside (how could swans fans see that from the other end), and had pen appeals turned down: not one of their players appealed for the firson and everyone in the ground thought Allen should have been booked for a blatant dive on the other. Not so sure about ''extended periods of pressure'' either: possession is not the same thing, taking 5 mins to get to the oppo penalty area is not always the best tactic.

Otherwise, interesting to see an opposition view.

Thanks for the feedback. Your lot fully deserved the win and I suppose the only consolation is that we started off awfully away from home last season, too. We''ve had a tough start but there''s no excusing our slack marking in the first 10 minutes.

Branston Pickle- I have seen replays of some of the offside decisions that were at best borderline, but hey ho, I''m not making excuses, we were second best.

As for the extended periods of pressure, even Lambert admitted that for 15 minutes after we scored you guys were being penned back a bit. But it''s unlike us to concede possession so cheaply and you took advantage of that.

Second half was a no-show. Very disappointed, but I must admit that whenever teams lose against us they always say "we never turned up", etc, without giving us any credit. I have to give you credit in that respect. As poor as we were, you were very good. Williams and Monk will be having nightmares about Morrison for a couple of days I''d have thought.

All the best for the rest of the season, here''s hoping we''ll meet at Carrow Road in the PL next season!

A great write-up LMS. I actually stumbled upon your preview of the match on the PlanetSwans forum a few days before the match and was impressed by the non-biased point of view as well as the research into how both teams are playing and adapting.

Keep up the good work.

[quote user="lastminutescreamer"] I must admit that whenever teams lose against us they always say "we never turned up", etc, without giving us any credit. I have to give you credit in that respect. As poor as we were, you were very good. [/quote]I''m afraid us promoted teams are going to have to get used to the bigger teams and the media saying it was an '' off '' day if the '' big boys '' don''t beat the  '' minnows ''.We''ve played Chelsea and Man Utd away, and, although we narrowly lost on both occasions, the feeling was that both the home teams weren''t at their best as they would''ve hammered us otherwise. Never a thought given that it might the tactics Norwich employed that made them play below par of course.....