Sign in to follow this  
Norwich or die tryin!

Anyone else listening to Stan Collymore on Talksport atm?

He is absolutely loving us atm must of mentioned Norwich city about 50 times. Having a debate about support base and loyal support. He''s been saying that our attendances have held up at roughly the same level for the last 50 years. We all know how great our support has been for the last few years in league 1 and threw the dross under Roder and Grant, but he must have forgotten about our 15k average attendance in the late 80s and early 90s. No mention of the binners yet anyway.

makes a lot of noise about the crowds at carrow road

is silent about the crowds at poorman road

says it all

Anthony Pilkington was just on 5live. Pleat, Chapman and Pearce were in complete awe for what Lambert has achieved. Great to be receiving so much positive media coverage but I did enjoy flying under the radar previously.

Gave us his vote as ''Club with the most hardcore support'' at the end of the show. He was very complimentary throughout.

I like Collymore as a pundit, but not just because he raves about us at times.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I think it is fair to say we are ALL in awe of what Lambo has achieved, surely - it has been rather stunning, and long may it continue :-)[/quote]

Acaller from Norwich, but not a Norwich fan claimed we were selling tickets a kid for a quid and to get people in, He forgot to mention that it was Cup matches that these tickets were for, I phoned in but never got to speak to stan   

[quote user="?"]Gave us his vote as ''Club with the most hardcore support'' at the end of the show. He was very complimentary throughout. I like Collymore as a pundit, but not just because he raves about us at time

/quote]

Wish he would get rid of that Brummey accent though, And before you say anything, I was born 6 mile away from where he was born, and I hate the accent

Tbf he has been nice about us in the past in general. I remember after the farcical call of at Walsall a couple of years back he was pretty p''d off about it and had alot of sympathy for all us unlucky buggers who made the journey there when noone else int he national media really mentioned it. Obviously if the same had happened to one of the big teams it would pretty much be all we would hear about for a bout a week or so

I actually quite like Stan Collymore. I mean sometimes he says things on the basis of one game, but I think overall he''s a decent pundit. Not many are that liked if you think about it.Anyway not sure if anyone follows him on twitter, but I do. He got millions of hate messages yesterday from scummy scousers abusing him, saying he is a discrace/scum and wish he had never been associated with Liverpool FC. The reason behind this abuse was pathetic. They were saying that because yesterday the show was not about the 96 Hillsborough fans, he was a **** etc. It''s just ridiculous. He was just doing his job, presenting a radio show into fans support. I mean he said himself, he''s signed the petition for #JFT96, many times tweeted about his support for it, twice (as a player) lined up at Anfield and payed respect to those who lost their lives. Some people in this world are so bloody stupid. It annoys me. [:(]

Regarding attendances in the late eighties and early nineties, I’m sure like many of you will have been in FCR when it was full t o the rafters and yet miraculously the published gate was little over fifteen thousand.

Unconnected to this was Chairman Bob collecting up the match day gate money in person, that’s how proper chairman do it Mr Bowket!

Clearly these two points are completely unrelated.