Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Badge / Crest change

The current crest is great and I''m not a fan of clubs that regularly change theirs but seeing as a number of clubs have recently deviated from their old crest, just for fun how would you change ours?

I''d like to see a crest where Paul Lambert is doing a massive poo into Alex Ferguson''s mouth whilst Ian Culverhouse gives him a Chinese burn and David McNally kicks him in the balls. This will sum up our willingness to end the ''little Norwich'' mentality which has held us back for so long.

If this can''t be done then I''d keep it as it is.

[quote user="Bovril"]The current crest is great and I''m not a fan of clubs that regularly change theirs but seeing as a number of clubs have recently deviated from their old crest, just for fun how would you change ours?[/quote]It shouldn''t be changed. Ever.

Hate to be a party pooper, but there are some things that shouldn''t be messed with - without a very good reason.

Corporations and businesses are always making changes, often at the expense of tradition and for no good reason.

Football clubs that change their logos are often doing it at the fans expense - new logo means sell more in new shirts etc.

The canary on a football has been the logo forever as far as I am aware, would you want to change the words of OTBC?

I know you said for fun, but can''t see any fun in even thinking about changing the logo. Perhaps it''s my age................

[quote user="lake district canary"]Hate to be a party pooper, but there are some things that shouldn''t be messed with - without a very good reason. Corporations and businesses are always making changes, often at the expense of tradition and for no good reason. Football clubs that change their logos are often doing it at the fans expense - new logo means sell more in new shirts etc. The canary on a football has been the logo forever as far as I am aware, would you want to change the words of OTBC? I know you said for fun, but can''t see any fun in even thinking about changing the logo. Perhaps it''s my age................[/quote]

Agreed, but it could be tweaked a bit. At the moment you have a rather naff attempt at light and shade hatching on the ball. It might look better if that was changed to a proper-looking ball, with hexagonal panels, or that hatching done away with. Worth a look, at least.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Hate to be a party pooper, but there are some things that shouldn''t be messed with - without a very good reason. Corporations and businesses are always making changes, often at the expense of tradition and for no good reason. Football clubs that change their logos are often doing it at the fans expense - new logo means sell more in new shirts etc. The canary on a football has been the logo forever as far as I am aware, would you want to change the words of OTBC? I know you said for fun, but can''t see any fun in even thinking about changing the logo. Perhaps it''s my age................[/quote]

I would be interested to know your age then because from what I remember (not from being alive that far back) it wasn''t until the 60s / early 70''s the canary jumped up on his football. Didn''t he used to perch on a branch before that? As I said, I wasn''t alive so could be wrong but I''m sure the "retro" remakes are on a branch.

And just to add to your post the words to OTBC have in fact already changed once. "Hurrah we''ve scored a goal." Not "Hurrahwiscored" as it is now.

Our logo has already been changed at the expense of tradition when we brought in the castle etc. In stark contrast to your post, it could be a change by the club to go back with tradition and to simplify the crest again.

By all means don''t agree with changing the crest if you don''t like it etc, but I don''t think things like this should just be thrown out of hand.

Spot on WLTFO - Just looked at my programmes from when I started watching NCFC as a nine year old in 1965 as a nine year old, there I''ve given my age away.

It seems the logo changed on promotion to Division 1 in 1972.

As a previous poster wrote, it may be ok to tweak the logo a bit, but it is a sensitive subject to alot of us I''m sure you will agree.

As for the dumbing down of OTBC, the fans just need singing lessons!!!

To clarify, I am 100% against the crest actually being changed but there are several posters on here that are creative with design software as we have seen from the numerous kit design threads and it would be interesting to see what they would come up with.

As previous posters have stated, a return to the simple bird on a branch with ''on the ball city'' beneath or ''Norwich City 1902''. I''m sure someone could knock something up.

The problem is (if there is one really)Shield shaped crests are getting a bit dated these days.  Also we a very much in the minority when it comes to zero lettering on it.I''d tweak it a little but keep the bird on the ball because obviously we''re ''On the ball''.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Spot on WLTFO - Just looked at my programmes from when I started watching NCFC as a nine year old in 1965 as a nine year old, there I''ve given my age away. It seems the logo changed on promotion to Division 1 in 1972. As a previous poster wrote, it may be ok to tweak the logo a bit, but it is a sensitive subject to alot of us I''m sure you will agree. As for the dumbing down of OTBC, the fans just need singing lessons!!![/quote]

I seem to remember when I was serving in Belfast around 1970-1 they held a competition in the Pinkun to design a new badge, My mate always posted the local news papers to me, and I''m sure that was when I saw it, And I was 18 then.now you know how old I am as well lol  

[quote user="The Jewish Cowboy"]The problem is (if there is one really)

Shield shaped crests are getting a bit dated these days.  Also we a very much in the minority when it comes to zero lettering on it.

I''d tweak it a little but keep the bird on the ball because obviously we''re ''On the ball''.
[/quote]

Fans of other teams need help to remember who they are supporting!!

While we are at it, why don''t we change our name to Consignia?

That sounds like a great brand name that is highly memorable and rolls off the tongue nicely!

[:P]

I think the main thing I would lend myself to is just the canary on the ball. Only downside to that is it could start to look a bit too much like Tottenham''s crest. Especially as they went real retro with it recently.

I think this might help to answer a few questions.... the subject was originally raised back in 2008...

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/time_for_a_change_to_city_crest_1_642502

Our badge is a great design, why change it?

One of my pet hates is when people think you have to change things cause they are perceived as not good enough!

It lime whe people slag of the on the ball City song!

This is meant to be the oldest football song in the world and is totally original unlike many other clubs songs, particularly the one down the A140!

Speedway clubs have recently changed their logos featuring cartoon like characters that look absolutely cringeworthy. A perfect example of new is not always better.

If it ain''t broke don''t fix it, our badge design is great!

The Jewish Cowboy"]The problem is (if there is one really)Shield shaped crests are getting a bit dated these days.  Also we a very much in the minority when it comes to zero lettering on it.I''d tweak it a little but keep the bird on the ball because obviously we''re ''On the ball''.<

What a load of Ballocks!

I don''t care if our great badge design is dated or we are a minority!

Norwich City FC is a totally unique, wonderful football club. Why change so we''re more like other clubs!

Ridiculous suggestion!

I must admit I''m open to a SLIGHT change as it is a bit dated. Contrary to popular belief, it has not been there since the club was formed, in fact it''s already been changed a number of times already.

That said, from a patriotic (well, Norwich) point of view, I do quite like the fact that Norwich City currently portray both the castle AND the cathedral on our strip.

If shields are "out of date", how about the canary on the ball within an outline map of Norfolk, to symbolise support from the wider area rather than just the city? OK, just a suggestion ...

I wouldnt change the club badge but it has baffled me for years why the Canary badge above the directors entrance to the city stand is Green and not yellow!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]The Jewish Cowboy"]The problem is (if there is one really)Shield shaped crests are getting a bit dated these days.  Also we a very much in the minority when it comes to zero lettering on it.I''d tweak it a little but keep the bird on the ball because obviously we''re ''On the ball''.<

What a load of Ballocks!

I don''t care if our great badge design is dated or we are a minority!

Norwich City FC is a totally unique, wonderful football club. Why change so we''re more like other clubs!

Ridiculous suggestion![/quote]Calm down it''s only a point of discussion.  I  did say ''The problem is (if there is one really)''

To clear up my opinion about badges being ''dated''.  I''m coming from the point of view that modern designs/logos don''t do badge designs, that''s all.  I really haven''t a problem with our crest at all.  If nothing can better it and everybody is happy is all good.