Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Name That Norwich City Team v Liverpool (a) 1988

That''s spooky! I have just posted about this very game in the "Liverpool vs Norwich - Spyin'' Kop" thread.

Who was the Norwich scorer?

This was THAT season, the closest ever finish.  The two title contenders meeting on the final day, Liverpool and Arsenal at Anfield, with Arsenal needing to win by 2 goals or more to lift the title.  In the last minute of this game, Michael Thomas scored to make it 2-0 to Arsenal and Arsenal were champions.  Truely unbelieveable events and scenes that day.

[quote user="Barnett is King"]Haven''t got a clue. Couldn''t even get one. 6 years before I was even born. [:(][/quote]I''m sure you can guess the four letter goalkeeper?

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Managed to get 10/11 and I wasn''t born until later that season.

Missing the left sided centre back.[/quote]

me to........help

I was at this game. It''s the only time I''ve been to Anfield and I really did think we''d get whopped. I also know who the scorer was (well, now I''m thinking it was one of two players).

We went up in my mate''s dad''s Ford Sierra 1.6GL. I remember us tonking along the M62 when we saw a sign for "FOOTBALL TRAFFIC", so we turned off there. thing is, it was for Old Trafford, not Anfield !!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Barnett is King"]Haven''t got a clue. Couldn''t even get one. 6 years before I was even born. [:(][/quote]I''m sure you can guess the four letter goalkeeper?[/quote]ohhhh, Gunn? [:P]The only one I guessed was Adrian Forbes but wasn''t in the time (or probably the right era). To be honest I''d probably recognise some names, but other than that not really.What are some of the answers? [:)]

Just got 10 of ''em in about 30 seconds and spent another 10 minutes puzzling why I couldn''t work out the right-sided CB and then twigged I didn''t spell his name correctly! Bah!

Great team - great days!

I was 16 at the time time and followed them home and away every week on Big Dunc''s Club Cabbage.

I remember being so chuffed and surprised we won this game, I bought the official club video of the match when it came out - cost me about 15 quid - cos I didn''t think we would ever win there again as Liverpool were as dominant as Man U are now. How times change!