Sign in to follow this  
YoungCanary

kevin campbell

[quote]What do you all think about getting Kevin Campbell from Everton on loan?[/quote]

Would love it.  Really think he could do a job for us.  However, I watched the soccer special on sky sports on tues and John Gregory was watching the Everton V Pompey game.  He mentioned several times how off the pace Campbell was and clearly lacking match fitness. 

thats from john gregory, need i say more...

also I said a few months ago that Kevin is retiring from Premiership football at the end of the season.  Got this from a mate of his (I can hear the groans).  Of course he could change his mind and being on loan till the end of the season at a club getting lots of coverage and where he is likely to be a top dog and possible hero could be a nice way to end his career.   Also if he did come and we went down he could sign on and have a nice spell in the championship, of course I don''t mean I want that, but he could be seeing that as another reason to come, you never know.

ahh the coreys mill canary!!!

no mate i live in new york but went to alleynes. you drive to norwich in a blue car? know people who went to jhn tho

www.nycanaries.com

I think Campbell could be useful, providing we also sign a longer-term striking option too.

interesting one, would be worth getting in!

But i say we need to sign someone on a perminant deal, not just till the end of the season....

I suggested him as a possible a couple of days ago and think he may be able to do a job for us - at the moment any fit player would do!

I disagree with AJ in that I think a short term signing until the end of the season makes a lot of sense. No long term committment to a player who may cost too much in wages to attract on a permanent deal yet may want to play for 5 months to prove himself to other potential buyers, including us if we survive.

Signing anyone permanently means that their transfer fee will be low (for us to afford them) and so they will either be older or young and with potential. Attracting these players to a club that may get relegated and has a rigid pay structure related to the league you play in will make it difficult to sign someone on the up so again a short term solution makes a lot of sense.

I do think its a shame that we could not speak to Les Ferdinand but I understand that travelling was low on his agenda hence a near London based side.

OTBC