Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Away kit Saturday?

Can''t see this mentioned anywhere so thought I''d chuck it out there....

who reckons this saturday we''re going to see the away kit in premier league action for the first time?

With it being on TV as well and how things are with kit deals these days I wouldn''t be too surprised!

Funnily enough I think last time we were in the Prem the first time we wore the away kit was at Anfield....might have to dust it down for Saturday!

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Do we have to wear it a certain number of times in a season now irrelevant of whether there is a kit clash

.[/quote]

Not sure but think the sponsors require us to wear them at least 4 times a season, as well as if the colour clashes, but I''m sure someone will know the answer. 

As far as I''m aware we were only contractually obliged to wear the away strip a certain amount of games (I think it was 6) was when we had Proton on the Home shirt and Lotus on the away shirt, the games where the away shirt was to be worn were shown on the fixture list.

I know we are obliged to wear it so many times, and that the Sponsors would rather see it at Anfield than at QPR , but it''s Liverpool, and wouldn''t our away kit clash more with the red?

Nice one, Badger.

I understand that the yellow "home" or green "away" kit will be selected according to whether the colour is deemed complementary with the opposition''s kit, based on a colour wheel:

i.e.

Green away kit to be worn when the opposition are wearing red.

Yellow to be worn when the opposition are wearing violet