Sign in to follow this  
BarclayCanary (Former HDDH)

Season Tickets Questions

I will probably get a load of abuse for this but I have never had a Season Ticket and i was thinking about going on the waiting list for next year and I had a few questions I would like answered if possible.

1) Is there a Under 21 Option for Season Tickets?

2) Will going on the waiting list for next year guarentee me a season ticket at the start of next season?

3) Is it possible to pay monthly or do you have to pay in full?

4)Once I have payed the cost of the Season Ticket, monthly or full if possible do I have to pay any extra costs such as like £2-£3 for every game I want to go to at home, or once it has been payed/being payed that is that and its all done?

Thanks for the questions, for the past 4 seasons I have been a super member/member and because i have a job now just wanted to understand the bits about the season tickets which I did not quite understand :)

Thank you All

1: I have an Under 21s season ticket, I think you can still get them, but I believe they don''t actually do Under 21s standard tickets....

2: Not sure on this one, (only assumptions coming up) If your on a waiting list, that means whatever place you are, that many new season ticket places need to come up. I don''t know how many people there are on the waiting list, or if there even is one but I would guess you might not get a season ticket next season, especially if it looks like were staying up come renewal time as nearly everyone will be renewing...

3: There is a monthly payment option.

4: No you don''t have to pay any extra, a Season ticket is a ticket to every home league game, you have the option of automatically buying your seat for cup games as well. AWay season tickets work differently, you pay to get one and then have to buy the ticket for every away game (well it does it automatically i think) and have the option of returning some, but I think there is a limit on how many you can send back a year....

[quote user="Cookieace"]When I rang them up they said there was a waiting list of about 1500 people :o. If I was to go on the waiting list do I have to pay any sort of a deposit?[/quote]

Might have been the ideal time to ask that question?

If there''s a waiting list of 1500 you may have to wait a few seasons to get a season ticket, especially if we stay up.

[quote user="cityangel"]If there''s a waiting list of 1500 you may have to wait a few seasons to get a season ticket, especially if we stay up.[/quote]

The club will probably set the next season-ticket price at a level where it maximises income and thus hoovers up those on the waiting list.....around 550-600 quid mark is my guess.

"If I was to go on the waiting list do I have to pay any sort of a deposit?"

I put my 4-year-old on the waiting list a couple of months ago (in the expectation that it will be 3 or 4 years before the club can offer her one). From memory, it was a £10 deposit.

I think the club will be safe in retaining all the presant S/T even if they do increase, to £500 or £600, with the D/D that would probably only increase most payments to £50 a month  £41.666666666666666666 to be exact . I pay £35.70 now so the club will be getting my money next season, what ever league.

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"]Season ticket renewals normally get sent out in January, so prices with still have to reflect the possibility of Championship football nest season.[/quote]

on the other hand if you are on DD they don''t have to send out renewel letters.

[quote user="pete_norw"]I think the club will be safe in retaining all the presant S/T even if they do increase, to £500 or £600, with the D/D that would probably only increase most payments to £50 a month  £41.666666666666666666 to be exact . I pay £35.70 now so the club will be getting my money next season, what ever league.[/quote]

Speak for self Pete! I''d be hugely disappointed if the club did such a massive price hike like that, especially in the current climate. I would certainly think twice about renewing if I had to pay £50 a month. Sadly it''s attitudes like your that will see prices continuing to soar. If people will keep paying, clubs will carry on increasing- pricing Joe Ordinary out of the game in the process!

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]

[quote user="pete_norw"]I think the club will be safe in retaining all the presant S/T even if they do increase, to £500 or £600, with the D/D that would probably only increase most payments to £50 a month  £41.666666666666666666 to be exact . I pay £35.70 now so the club will be getting my money next season, what ever league.[/quote]

Speak for self Pete! I''d be hugely disappointed if the club did such a massive price hike like that, especially in the current climate. I would certainly think twice about renewing if I had to pay £50 a month. Sadly it''s attitudes like your that will see prices continuing to soar. If people will keep paying, clubs will carry on increasing- pricing Joe Ordinary out of the game in the process!

[/quote]

Well said Yellow Submarine.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?"][quote user="Yellow Submarine"]

[/quote]

Sorry didn''t mean to step on toes but working out a monthly S/T/ payment also works out cheaper than 200 fags.but people don''t mind paying that

I guess in some cases tough choices will have to be made. Pete''s right in his comparison with fags. It doesn''t seem so much when you consider the price of smoking! Mind you smoking is an addiction which makes it a priority when funds need to be found. A bit like football really! It''s a wonder the government haven''t caught on and started taxing football like they do fags and alcohol! Shhhhhhh.......... Don''t tell ''em[:#]

My Grandsons are on the list and it was a tenner for them.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?"][quote user="Yellow Submarine"]

[/quote]

Sorry didn''t mean to step on toes but working out a monthly S/T/ payment also works out cheaper than 200 fags.but people don''t mind paying that

[/quote]

Don''t worry Pete, you haven''t steped on my toes mate. We''re all entitled to different opinions. From my point of view, I have a young family and it''s hard enough sacrafising time with them to go to the football let alone more money which could be spent on stuff together.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I guess in some cases tough choices will have to be made. Pete''s right in his comparison with fags. It doesn''t seem so much when you consider the price of smoking! Mind you smoking is an addiction which makes it a priority when funds need to be found. A bit like football really! It''s a wonder the government haven''t caught on and started taxing football like they do fags and alcohol! Shhhhhhh.......... Don''t tell ''em[:#]

[/quote]

To me it''s quite a simple choice Nutty. We''ve made massive strides on the account front before you even start to factor in the premier league pay day. In time, I think we''ll be able to follow the WBA model and be a self sufficient football club. However, if we start to take the route of 30-40% increases in season ticket prices, for you and Pete it may not be a problem, but for people with young families, alot won''t be able to merit paying extra. Subsequently, the club could price out a generation of future fans.

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote] To me it''s quite a simple choice Nutty. We''ve made massive strides on the account front before you even start to factor in the premier league pay day. In time, I think we''ll be able to follow the WBA model and be a self sufficient football club. However, if we start to take the route of 30-40% increases in season ticket prices, for you and Pete it may not be a problem, but for people with young families, alot won''t be able to merit paying extra. Subsequently, the club could price out a generation of future fans.[/quote]

Subby buddy, I agree with you about some people with young families. This is why I said in some cases tough choices would have to be made. Don''t make the assumption that it''s just people with young families that would be affected. Folk from all walks of life and all age groups have to make tough decisions how they spend their disposable income. The football club is the centre of some peoples social lives. On limited income they literally live for the next game. Other people with young families have more disposable income than they know what to do with. As for myself I can afford my season ticket but not comfortably. The dearer it gets the tougher the choice becomes. The seat next to mine is shared by my son and daughter who pay half each and split the games. I have an application in for a season ticket for my two grandsons. One is 7 and the other is 8. While I can afford to I intend to pay for that so that Ryan can go when his mum goes and Liam when his dad goes.

I still agree with Pete that folk always find the money to fund an addiction. And of course for many of us football is as close as we get to that. Which is why I made the light hearted reference to the government taxing it!

Of course we could all be fretting about something that won''t happen. However I have seen McNally state the football by it''s nature is cyclical meaning the big bucks associated with the premier league aren''t here forever. Given that and given that for many seasons before this we couldn''t operate without cash injections from the owners I believe he''s looking for a sustainable club in the absence of the millions. This would also be a fine legacy for Delia who has failed to find anyone prepared to take over commiting to throwing cash into the money pit long term.