Sign in to follow this  
Theres only one Ken Foggo

Ruddy's save reminded me of Woods vs Luton 1983

Absolutely fantastic save by Ruddy - one of the best I''ve seen in my 41 years following City.Older supporters might agree with me about this - it was remarkably similiar to Chris Woods'' save from David Moss for City against Luton Town at Kenilworth Road in April 1983. City were leading 1-0 when, in the dying seconds, Moss caught the ball on the volley from close range and it seemed a certain goal only for Woods to stretch himself acrobatically to tip the ball round the post, much as Ruddy did today. This helped City to a vital win in their relegation battle in the old First Division that year.

The best save I''ve ever seen live was Bryan Gunn at Everton in Jan 1993. We won 1-0 (Sutton) and Gunny''s save was from a Tony Cottee overhead kick from point-blank range. Gunn''s reactions pushed the ball onto the post and he managed to pounce on the rebound.

[quote user="flecky76"]The best save I''ve ever seen live was Bryan Gunn at Everton in Jan 1993. We won 1-0 (Sutton) and Gunny''s save was from a Tony Cottee overhead kick from point-blank range. Gunn''s reactions pushed the ball onto the post and he managed to pounce on the rebound.[/quote]Ah yes - I think that was right at the end of the match too.Also there was Greeno''s versus Stoke in 2004.

I remember Pat Jennings clawing one away in similar fashion for Spurs once.

But yes, remember that Woods save at Luton, fantastic agility.

That Greeno save pushed us over the line. Superb.

I remember a Gunn save at Man City that was like Banks''s from Pele. At the game I thought the ball had hit the post; Gunn had no right to get there.

Like Greeno''s, Ruddy''s yesterday was very good rather than great, exacerbated in significance by being in the last minute.

That''s taking nothing away from him - he must have felt ten feet tall in the dressing room afterwards and rightly so. Good man, John.