Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

My thoughts...

Been at the game and on way home so thought I''d post my thoughts on the game.

Suarez was superb when on the ball, but moaned like no tomorrow when he either lost the ball, the all didn''t get to him or a decision went against Liverpool in general.

Charlie Adam was very similar. Always looking for the chance to go down and the ref spotted this early on and he got very little. He could certainly pick a pass thugh!

Now more n Norwich.

I thought we were below par in the first half and created very little. Although we did pass well.

Second half we came out and were much more our normal self. Getting on the ball and looking to go forward and created plenty of chances from this. Hotly soon came on and I was unsure about bringing off Bennett as I feel he is a better crosser of the ball than pilks and with holt and morrision it would have made sense to get the ball in the box.

Holt then scored his goal and a good goal at that! He looked like he got a slight knock in the process but then got back to his normall ways! Falling to the ground dramatically, and the ref saw this and waved play on.

John Ruddy - man of the match made 1 world class save in 90+4 minutes from Suarez! Apart from his one drop of the ball he was faultless!

Overall it was a great result and a very good game £44 well spent!

I am a Banana

How anyone can doubt Pilks crossing after his assist today is a little beyond me, far better than any ball Bennett put in all day.

[quote user="Lambo"]How anyone can doubt Pilks crossing after his assist today is a little beyond me, far better than any ball Bennett put in all season.[/quote]

Bennett is a good typical winner,  pacy direct,  good games, quiet games (yesterday) and inconsistent with his crossing.

Pilkington - more than a winger - consistent and pure class.

Just playing around with the Guardian chalkboards and it''s interesting to note that when Bennett came off Pilkington only came over to the right hand side for about five minutes. It''s almost as if Lambert knew he would produce one good cross which Holt could maybe get on the end of before the Liverpool got set after the substitution. As soon as the goal was scored Pilkington and Wes swapped sides and Pilkington delivered another quality cross which maybe should have led to Holt scoring again. Two great deliveries in the space of around five minutes as soon as Holt had arrived and gave Carragher and Skertl more to think about. Excellent timing.

I agree with Shack. If you think Pilkington''s delivery is suspect then I suggest you have another look at the superb ball in for the goal and the cross a few minutes later for Holt''s 2nd big chance... both delivery''s were absolutely world class... The boy looks better with every game, well done Lambo - you''ve got us a real gem there!