Sign in to follow this  
Catton Canary

Loyalty Discount for Season Ticket Holders?

I''ve just been reading the responses on the post ''Season Ticket Questions'' and it got me thinking!

First let me say that I do not believe every person on the season ticket waiting list is a glory hunter, only hoping to get a ticket because we are now in the Premiere League. Far from it, I understand that all fans have to start somewhere and that was once me and my Daughter. However, there will be a percentage of people and companies on the waiting list who want a season ticket only because they want to watch Premire Leage Football. In the unlikely event that we get relegated they will be the first to hand back their tickets............until the next time!

I was thinking the club could perhaps intoduce a loyalty discount scheme, a bit like a no claims discount on your insurance.

Let''s just say the cheapest season ticket next season (in the Prem) is £500 (round figures). As a long term season ticket holder of about ten years I get a discount, 4% per year, 20% in total, so I pay £400. (it would need to be capped at about this level). If you''ve had a season ticket for three years you get a 12% discount and so on.

Why? It rewards loyal supporters who have stuck by the club in all leagues, and who will still be there if ever we go back to the Championship. The ''supporters'' who join just to see other Premiere League clubs will have to pay a premium if they join, leave, and join again when times get good again!!

The real supporters create the atmosphere at Carrow Road and make the club what it is today, and the football club will need those supporters if things get tough in the future. The danger is that the longer we stay in the Prem, we become another soulless club with no real supporters because they have all been ''priced out''.

Just a thought!

Would be an excellent idea to reward the long term season ticket holders for their loyalty and encourage further renewals, but I doubt Mcnally would entertain it!

Afterall, we had a similar thing with the 3and 5 year season ticket deals that were wiped out last season!

or, because of the waiting list do you rotate the season ticket holders?

Those been here longest join the back of the queue and miss one season allowing the fan base to grow through sharing? That way everyone who wants one can have a season ticket at least every other year - in practice more frequently than that...

The departing ST holders get first choice at free tickets the following season only

We are not a club with a problem with sales - so why not behave like a mutual club?   Current numbers are 10% waiting list,  season tickets holders keep them for 9 out of 10 years and miss one ona  rota basis.

You can reward those with lower prices when they come back sustaining demand as more people have access than the current situation where ST holders wont let go unless they cant get one back, know several people of hold say 4 tickets and have done for year but only regulalry occupy 2 seats just to keep the others for high profile games!)

I know its not going to happen - just another way of looking at things... 

When there is no waiting list there is no discount and no turnover...

Like I said before, a crazy idea!No business or indeed football club would consider upsetting loyal supporters by denying them their place where they''ve sat in the ground for games over many years. I fall into that category and would be very unhappy. I know people have many different reasons for not getting season tickets in the past but I''ve sat through enough dross in my time as a season ticket holder to be rewarded for my continued support not to be taken away and my seat given to someone who has only just come on the scene!

I hope I wasn''t being called a glory hunter etc from my post you mentioned, have been to every home game this season apart from one, and went to most of them in league 1 and championship.

But it is a good idea but in the long run the club would be losing money, even if we went to championship again I would still want a ST :)

OTBC!

How would you feel Zipper if in your season of not having a ticket Norwich did the unthinkable and won the league? Yeah that''d be a good way of rewarding your loyal fans hey?

lol - its an idea and definitely not going to happen,  any more than getting a discount because you hodl a ST for a longer period of time.

Have none of you thought of discussing a change or challenging the status quo? This is entirely theorhetcial and I am just idly spending a couple of hours on a sunday pm.  I am comfortable with my credentials as a city fan and should city win a league my happiness is not doosted or diminished by whether I hold a piece of plastic showing I am a ST, super member, member etc etc. 

Not trolling - just pondering what if....   The thread does raise plenty of assumptions though.  But, when demand exceeds demand  

Is there any reason why those who have always had a season ticket should continue to have preferential treatment year on year? (ie first choice?)

If demand exceeds supply why not have a lottery?  or an auction?

And is there any merit in assuming season ticket holders are any more loyal than non season ticket holders?

Are all season ticket holders norwich city fans first? 

It''s not the fact of having a piece of plastic in your hand that I was getting at. If they took away your season ticket, would you be able to afford to pay casual ticket prices for every home game? I know I wouldn''t so my ability to go to the games would be compromised.

Take into consideration that if we were doing that well the chances of being able to get casual tickets would be very difficult. Not impossible but certainly difficult.

With regards to your question of are all Norwich season tickets Norwich fans first, that is not of concern to the club if they have given the club 5grand in ST payments over the last ten years. That is what they would be rewarding. The ability of the club to keep afloat as a result of their money being given to the club.

It''s not so much who is more loyal because people may not be able to afford to have a season ticket. The fact is though, if someone has spent 5 grand over ten years and someone 50 quid on two tickets, who would you reward?

I''m not saying that a discount for years is the correct thing to do as the club does need that money to keep going, but to take away people''s season tickets because other people want them is not the way to go IMO.

The loyalty discount you get is the fact that by having a season ticket already you get to renew early thus getting it cheaper. I guess some people are never happy and always want more.

Davo