Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Grant Holt HAS found his FEET

Anyone else wonder if Lambert has told ''the legend'' to stop falling over and to be more robust?

He was awesome this evening, stood his ground without falling over, and a great goal :)

Holt is back, and looks in great shape too :)

Ifyou referring to Holt coming off the bench against Sunderland and Swansea, he did exactly the right thing by helping to kill the game - we were winning in both going into the final stages. We just had to make sure we didn''t let the opposition back in and that is helped by "breaking the game up", which Holt successfully helped to do in both.

Today''s situation when he came on was completely different to those situations as we were chasing the game.

Holt is a legend. Don''t diss him when it''s not needed. Consider the bigger picture of each individual situation and you will see his performances since coming on as sub have done the job we needed him to do.

What would you have preferred vs Sunderland and Swansea? For him to try and take on players, get tackled and open us to counter attacks, or to go to ground winning free kicks, killing time and getting us over the finishing line? I know what I''d prefer! Holt is a tactical genius, and what a goal Today!

Jeeeeez, just saying the Holt of only a few gàmes ago would have been on his knees under a few of those challenges, but the ever versitile Holt again upped his game and proved his excellent worth.

I love the guy :)

As a complete aside, when Mr Holt''s career is done and dusted his is one autobiography that I would love to read. The journey that man has been on is immense, and I think that we can often be quick to forget that.

The guy lifts the team and the difference his presence makes is palpable. I was beginning to think we were in for a right tonking after our nervy first half, but when he came on the whole team seemed to go up a gear. Lambert made the right call as Bennett seemed to be one of those that I thought was a little over awed by the occasion and really didn''t show his best.

There has been some ridiculous comments on here the last two weeks regarding grant holt. I can tell you now every team is aware of what he brings to the prmeiership and now morison is getting a reputation to players who can play but by god they will ruffle your centre halves feathers.

GH is exaclty what we need, we are a team battling for 17th we have flair players in hoolahan, EB and Pilks and to go with that you need a workhorse and powerful battering ram.

Delighted for him and certainly brings up the debate of when we go to the 4-4-2. Personally I prefer it and believe that could be a regular substitution if Lambert sticks to the 4-5-1 formation. 20 minutes to go bring on Holt to partner morison he can then work hard for morison to have clear cut chances.

Whos been saying Holts finished at Norwich?

Quite a few Norwich fans I know for a fact!

I''ve never doubted the man. While hes always going to be limited at Premiership level, hes still got enough about him to make an impact, something which was proved last night!

While Morisons better suited to the current formation than Holt because hes more mobile outside the box, Holt still has much to offer the team and dare I say is more effective in the box than Morison!

Yep he is more effective in the box than Morison. He is also a wonderful leader and presence on the pitch.

As has been said the whole team was lifted when he came on. There have been plenty of people on this board that have quite frankly slagged him off. Well last night he showed he could still be one of the top strikers tin the Premier this season.

I hope the doubter also noticed the directions and support he was giving his younger players and the work rate and tracking back when we were under pressure at the end.

Morison is improving all the time and a partnership with Holt looks promising but make no mistake Horse is the master

First name on the team sheet even if it is as a sub. Always had faith in Holt, delighted he scored yesterday no one deserved it more. Think he is better than Morrison although Morrison is more agile so perhaps suited more to the Prem league.

Kathy has refused to read this thread as she thought the title" Grant Holt has found his feet" was suggesting that he had lost enough weight to look down and see his toes.[;)]

Never doubted him for a minute... but equally never doubted Paul Lambert''s private reasons for not playing him.The most influential character for City since Martin Peters and a large part of why we now find ourselves in the Premier League.... as much as I hate it what it stands for.

Grant Holt is back!! (Although he never really went away!!)

All the doubters, Margaret Thatcher, Winston Churchill, all of you who said he couldn''t do it in the premiership - and you were probably ones who last season said he wouldn''t be able to do it in the championship - eat your words!!

I enjoyed the bit where Holt and Carragher tussled on the edge of their area, Holt went down just a little bit too easily, but after the ball was cleared instead of having a go like younger defenders would have, Carragher pulled Holt to his feet and acknowledged what Holt had been trying to do - real mutual respect from two hardened pros.   Nice one.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Kathy has refused to read this thread as she thought the title" Grant Holt has found his feet" was suggesting that he had lost enough weight to look down and see his toes.[;)][/quote]No, Tilly, Kathy''s too embarrassed to read this thread as she knows the title " Grant Holt has found his feet " means he looked down, saw his toes and screamed, " Who''s nicked my ******* flip flop ?? "

Holt completely changed the game yesterday.  Morison was winning nothing against Carragher and Skrtel and we just couldn''t keep the ball up top.  Then Holt came on and he won things, he kept the ball, he made things happen, he was quick and direct, he just really wanted that place back in the team and you''ve got to say he deserves to start on Saturday.