Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Tonight's Ref

Thought he had an excellent game in general and didn''t get fooled by any of Suarez''s diving and theatrics - BUT - what was he doing with his time-keeping? He signalled 1 minute extra time at the end of the first half and Bellamy scored nearly two minutes into extra time. Then he gives three minutes extra time at the end of the second half - and even allowing 30 seconds for Croft coming on we''re still playing nearly five minutes into extra time. In the extra minute that shouldn''t have been played Liverpool very nearly scored.

Yes, and those two chances at the end, one was from a corner after he missed a blatant trip by Suarez on Barnett, the other was from a very dubious free kick to Liverpool.  Just glad Carroll missed the header and TGF a quality save from Ruddy !

I thought he was very generous to us. Lots of fouls around the edge of the box that could have been given but weren''t.

Things even-ing themselves out after those first few games?

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="city4eva"]And there was 4 minutes stoppage time indicated in the second half[/quote]

It definitely said 3 on ESPN
[/quote]

Yes they said 3 with a couple of minutes to go, but at 90minutes they corrected it to 4 and then displayed 4!

Dalglish moaning suarez did not get enough protection;  I think the ref got it right,  most were dives and suarez was not at the end of any bad challenges for me.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Dalglish moaning suarez did not get enough protection;  I think the ref got it right,  most were dives and suarez was not at the end of any bad challenges for me.[/quote]

Agreed and he should have been booked for diving