Sign in to follow this  
jed exodous

Player of the season so far...

Is it too early to start talking about this?  We''re about 1/4 of the way through now.  Difficult to single out 1 i guess, but i think out of Ruddy, Tierney and Johnson.  All 3 have been incredibly consistent and have all improved so much.  Maybe if we keep on this good run there''ll be more candidates, but those 3 would be my top 3 so far...

For me Fox,it was when he came back into the team that our fortunes changed.He just gives the balance in the midfield,and his passing of course.

Although these guys deserve a mention to Ruddy,Naughton,R.Martin,Tierney,Johnson,Bennet,Pilkington.

Tierny because he is the only player so far to have played every minute and performed at a high standard.

Davo

Tierny,ruddy,johnson and I hope morros gonna be right up there come the end of the season because he''s playing great aswelle just want he to start banging a few in

The team spirit.

We have undoubtedly achieved so much this season by playing as unit.

The team is greater than the sum of it`s parts.

Any of Ruddy, Tierny and Johnson for me.

Johnson edging it for me atm, but that save a the end of the match form Ruddy yesterday along with some other crucial stops this season puts him right up there as well.

It is a team effort so far;  but the most consistent for me is defintely Ruddy, point winning saves & simply solid and gives teh back 4 confidence (so much so smudge has vansished! is thats not a pots performance what is?!)  Really deserves a clean sheet! 

Other contenders in order of merit for me are:

Wes - a very very close second;  disappearing from view a little, under the newbies attention - but we are not the same without him pulling the strings and how work rate is prodigious.  He is consistently excellent.

Pilkington - coming on strong;  fantastic defensive shield for tierney, and truly premier class when it comes to using the ball;  THAT cross yesterday is completely underestimated - had it been beckham, young or downing the commentators self congratulatory purring would have been deafening.  

Fox -  like his Wes - overshadowed but if he plays well we pick up points.

Johnson has been a revelation,  but not quite there, 

Naughton - a slipped into Martin shoes well, pace and quietly efficient.

Tierney has been thrilling when marauding forward and v good at the back too (in prt due to his partnership with pilkington)  but has made too many one off little errors (watching bellamy bear down on him, the west brom winner, not closing down boswinga spring to mind) to be pots.

Naughton for me, no question. Lot of talk about Barnett, who is improving all the time, and Tierney who just never seems to tire, but I think Naughton would get more recognition if he was a fully fledged City player.

I don''t think Naughton has been that wonderful... He''s been good enough, but nothing special.

I personally can''t see past Tierney, everyone is playing well and really there isn''t a need to single out individuals, because over the past few games with the same starting line up (and even before that) everyone has been performing equally really. But Tierney for me, has just done so much more than i expected.

Last season everyone was raving about Crofts for first half of the season, saying he was a dead cert for POTS (I can''t even remember who won, was it Holt again?) and then second half of the season, he wasn''t as good (wasn''t poor, just didn''t seem to be quite as impressive). Definatly too early to be talking about POTS really... Thats why we have POTM awards as well...