Sign in to follow this  
starfish

Villa Restricted View

hi folks - new on here since 606 demise. Looking for some advice - got 2 tickets in the ballot for Villa with restricted view. Club gives me the option of returning them - I wondered if anyone knew just how restricted the view might be from the away section of Villa Park. Are we talking a pillar or a low roof? A corner of the pitch or half the goals?

Living in the north of Scotland, a Carrow Road season ticket is out the question, so I make do with as many aways as I can manage and a handful of home games. Football up here is absolute pants, and I used to live in Norwich. But it means I''m priority 5 in the ballots.

Rant time - how is it that I got tickets easily in the last 4 years for over 30 aways from Blackpool to Middlesboro (by god it was cold that day) - but now struggling for the prem games.

Thanks - any advice really appreciated as it''s a helluva long way to go from up here.

ive got restricted view as well (block p10 row uu) -bit annoying really, especially as have got a family ticket so expect will be especially difficult for my young son

also applied for another child ticket which i havent got so will lead to arguments in the house!!!!

[quote user="rock bus"]ive got restricted view as well (block p10 row uu) -bit annoying really, especially as have got a family ticket so expect will be especially difficult for my young son also applied for another child ticket which i havent got so will lead to arguments in the house!!!![/quote]

I was told by Aston Villa that row UU is the back row of the Upper Tier of the Doug Ellis stand. 

Block P11 is the block nearest to the North Stand end, P10 is the next block along and then P9 as you head towards the half way line direction

My tickets arrived yesterday too, sadly only got family ticket after requesting 1 family and 1 childs ticket, so I too have one happy and one  upset child. Not sure how the ballot works is if first out the hat and you are limited to only 2 tickets? I remember a few years back going to Villa just before Xmas and winning to go 7 points clear and we just paid on the turnstile how times have changed.

Looking forward to the game OTBC

Have asked a Villa fan how bad is the restricted view, he said if the ball is in the corner on our stand side at the far end it is a neck stretch to see it and one stantion obstructs the view slighty otherwise he says its a good view.

[quote user="cotswold canary"]Have asked a Villa fan how bad is the restricted view, he said if the ball is in the corner on our stand side at the far end it is a neck stretch to see it and one stantion obstructs the view slighty otherwise he says its a good view.[/quote]

What stantion (is this Villa fan referring to) in the Doug Ellis Stand? 

[quote user="Harry"]Found this online:[IMG]http://www.chairboys.ndirect.co.uk/pics/vpseats2001.gif[/IMG]

[/quote]My ticket says block Q3 so no idea where I am [:P]

Harry I also found a stadium plan with Q1, being more central, then Q2 then Q3 near the corner, but for the life of me cant find it again today - grrr

I think that''s the third away match this season to have offered us ''restricted view'' tickets. It''s unbelievable the grounds are like this, with all the money sloshing around the Premiership. Maybe we should put the away fans in the restricted view seats at Carrow Road !

we were originally in the lower tier but I asked for 1 audult and 2 childrens tickets and youve guessed it I only got 1 adult and 1childs sent, however Norwich are taking them back and sending 3 to me I bet these will be the restricted view tickets :-(

If you go on the villa website and go as if you were going to buy tickets there is a layout of the ground on there and you can see which blocks are which

Found this in the eTicketing section of the Villa site. Looks like I got lucky as my tickets are in Q3.[img]http://i54.tinypic.com/drfqio.jpg[/img].

[quote user="hans moleman"]

If you go on the villa website and go as if you were going to buy tickets there is a layout of the ground on there and you can see which blocks are which

[/quote]

I stand corrected, may be you were looking at that same diagram as Northluck C.  I was looking at another layout on their website.

Thats the plan I saw Northluck C.but then couldn''t find again when I looked.