Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Evening all. Thanks for all your picks, all good ones. It was tricky to narrow it down to 6, hopefully I''ve gone for the right ones.

Right, nervously, here goes...

TNS v Port Talbot - Home Win

Newcastle v Wigan - Home Win

Fleetwood v Bath - Home Win

Wrexham v Newport - Home Win

AZ Alkmaar v Roda JC - Home Win

FC Porto v Nacional - Home Win

So there you go. 6 home wins that probably won''t bring in mega bucks, but every little helps the Academy if they do come in.

Thanks again everyone. Here''s to those 6 coming in and City doing the business at Anfield tomorrow.

Good luck Chelle, sorry I''m late with the pick.Nice to see my influence with the Welsh picks! Hopefully TNS will do the business [Y]But for the purpose of the league, I''ll go for Ucd v SHAMROCK ROVERS - AWAY WIN on Monday night in the League of Ireland Premiership.Leedscanary

Wrexham v Newport - Home win for me

Good luck

By the way - good odds on Cheltenham to beat Accy Stanley tonight. 2-1 in some places. Just pointing out good odds as part of my pups duty.  I''d have napped Cheltenham but didn''t know if todays matches were allowed.  Accy on terrible form and their midfielder has just broken his leg and young on loan centre half is still out with concussion.

Keep an eye on the match if you''re interested!

Another quick tip.France are 7/1 to win in the Rugby tomorrow.Not bad odds for a two-horse race!

Tough week this week, i''ve been searching the betting sites for the sure fire winners and while there are some short priced teams, they all seem to have more difficult games than they first appear.  Barca at home to 4th place Seville, 1/7 is a bit short though they''ll probably win, Real away at 6th place Malaga, Porto had a tough midweek game,   Even the likes of Celtic seem to be missing key players, and after last weeks struggle against Killie, this could be tough for them... 

However, there is one little fav which i''m confident will oblige...

Stranraer at 1/10 away to Wigtown please...

Good luck guys

[quote user="Muddy funster"]

Good luck

By the way - good odds on Cheltenham to beat Accy Stanley tonight. 2-1 in some places. Just pointing out good odds as part of my pups duty.  I''d have napped Cheltenham but didn''t know if todays matches were allowed.  Accy on terrible form and their midfielder has just broken his leg and young on loan centre half is still out with concussion.

[/quote]

so far... [y]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]norwich are 9/1 at laddys.[/quote]

Are you having a flutter?

QPR 19/2 home win!

(It is against Chelsea though)

Late again so apologies.France for me and i''ll have a Paris SG home win please.

best of luck to all.

I had a few quid on us at 15/2.  Incidentally Cheltenham held on for the win against Accrington although Accy played very well apparently. So the 15/8 odds I got boosted my own personal accumulator and got it off to the perfect start. I''ll let you know if the other 5 make it, however this one was the greatest odds.

[quote user="chellecity"]Evening all. Thanks for all your picks, all good ones. It was tricky to narrow it down to 6, hopefully I''ve gone for the right ones. Right, nervously, here goes... TNS v Port Talbot - Home Win Newcastle v Wigan - Home Win Fleetwood v Bath - Home Win Wrexham v Newport - Home Win AZ Alkmaar v Roda JC - Home Win FC Porto v Nacional - Home Win So there you go. 6 home wins that probably won''t bring in mega bucks, but every little helps the Academy if they do come in. Thanks again everyone. Here''s to those 6 coming in and City doing the business at Anfield tomorrow.[/quote]

Tricky it may have been Chelle, but I''m sure all the PUPs agree that you''ve made a great job of narrowing all these great selections down to the final six. The potential return for these with Bet365 is a very healthy Â£61.22.

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
T.N.S. @ 1/5
Newcastle @ 4/7
Fleetwood Town @ 4/11
Wrexham @ 4/6
AZ @ 1/4
FC Porto @ 1/7
Six-Folds, 1 bet * £10.00
21/10/2011 22:26:5410.000.00

Once again us PUPs are in for an exciting weekend. TNS get the ball rolling at 2:30 tomorrow followed by Newcatle, Fleetwood and Wrexham at 3pm. Hopefully we will still be in the hunt when our attentions turn to Anfield at tea time where a good result for The City would set us up a treat for Sunday when AZ kick off at 1:30 and Porto play the last leg at 6:15.

Good luck Chelle and all you PUPs. Those of you who are going to Anfield please give them a cheer for me[Y]

[quote user="Muddy funster"]

Good luck

[/quote]

Thanks for that Muddy. I wasn''t around earlier or I would certainly have had a look. And they came in for you[Y]

I didn''t flag this up at the time because it was slightly embarrasing but ipswich were evens at home to Pompey on Tuesday. [:$] I put them in an acca with Palace 5/6, Reading 3/4 and Leeds 8/13. As is often the way the two shorter prices let me down because Leeds and Reading both drew. But this isn''t just a sob story. Something I didn''t realise untill this season was that you can back teams "not to lose". It''s on a coupon called Double Chance. So I did this to the same stake and the odds were ipswich 1/4, Palace 1/4, Leeds 2/13 and Reading 2/9. The second bet paid 6/5 so I made a very small profit on the evening. I guess it''s a little like an each way acca.

Leicester to beat Millwall.I''ll get my prediction in early enough to be considered, one day!

I''ve rescued Trent''s selection from our facebook group :-

Porto to beat Nacional.

And Tom left his best wishes to Chelle and all us PUPs.

Wow I''m late this week! Good luck this week Chelle they look like great picks! I''m going for:

TNS to beat Port Talbot

Good luck Chelle and all you Pups.

HI Nutty, not sure if you''ve seen it yet, but Alec (Excited Canary) can''t post on Pink Un for some reason, so has asked for his pick on the Facebook thread.

Newcastle win.

Good luck chellecity and all you PUP''s.

Sorry I''m late but I''m going to jump on the AZ Alkmaar band wagon this week.

Davo

Happy my choice won 9-0 :)  Sorry it was too late to be considered though...

As it stands we have 2 winning and 2 drawing at the moment, come on Newcastle and Wrexham...

Well done Nutty - gutted to hear that although Newcastle, Sheff Wed and Southend won - Stevenage somehow conspired to draw 0-0 at home to the bottom team Yeovil who were down to 10 men and didn''t have a shot on target. Stevenage hit the post twice and the Yeovil keeper saved 7 shots. I just kissed goodbye to £135.73 from my £5 stake. Sick as a parrot Gary........

Again it looks like one drawn game is going to be the difference. Great effort Chelle we just needed Wrexham to nick a goal to stay in the hunt. I hope you enjoyed the experience none the less and I know you enjoyed City''s great point this evening.

[quote user="Mandie Moo"]HI Nutty, not sure if you''ve seen it yet, but Alec (Excited Canary) can''t post on Pink Un for some reason, so has asked for his pick on the Facebook thread.

Newcastle win.[/quote]Cheers Mandie, yeah I was in the car from 9am til 3pm yesterday (I had forgotten to pick my pick before then!) and my phone doesn''t work with Pink''un for some reason!

I think the word is gutted!! And it had to be my nap that let us down too!!! I almost hope Porto and Alkmaar don''t win, 5/6 and 1 draw would be too much.

Once again, thanks to all you PUPs for your help, I really did enjoy the chance to pick the Big 6 this week.

Unlucky Chellecity, hopefully with the help of everyone i can get us back on winning ways next week!!Looking forward to it[Y]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="NWC"]OK ITs Premier League for me

Blackburn V Tottenham = AWAY WIN. Should get a bit better odds for an away win

Good Luck all.[/quote]

Good on you, NWC, whomever you are? [img]http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img] I''ll pip for an away win for Spurs also.Fat lot of use it is every bugger going for sh*itty odds with Fleetwood and the likes.[/quote]

Well done, boss [img]http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/emoticons/emotion-46.gif[/img] xxx