Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Bump

Why was Bellamy booed?

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]Because he is who he is...[/quote]I get that he''s hardly the most liked man in football but he did well for us and speaks highly of us, just seemed to be a strange reaction to boo him every time he touched the ball if he did nothing to provoke it.

Yep I got the impression from TV that it was because he celebrated when he scored... I don''t recall him being booed by us when he turned out in Cardiff colours last season....

we jeered when he missed a chance in the first half and started mouthing off to us, it probably wasn''t picked up on tv

I should say he was relieved it looked like they were gonna have one of them games where if they had 200 shots on goal nothing was going in lol

I should say he was relieved it looked like they were gonna have one of them games where if they had 200 shots on goal nothing was going in and in the end he needed our help to get it in lol

His celebration had no respect and then in the 2nd half when we were booing him he started giving us some jip too! I thought he would have a bit more respect for the team that kickstarted his career - and  I am sure we applauded him at Cardiff away last year? ****

[quote user="Excited Canary"]His celebration had no respect and then in the 2nd half when we were booing him he started giving us some jip too! I thought he would have a bit more respect for the team that kickstarted his career - and  I am sure we applauded him at Cardiff away last year? ****[/quote]

Hmm. Respect works both ways. Here is a footballer who signed a contract at City knowing he was on his way, thus ensuring we got money for him, who has never said anything bad about the club, and who refused to celebrate after scoring in front of the City fans for Newcastle at St James in the Prem last time. Personally I think he''s shown us plenty of respect over the years.

Yesterday he scored in front of the Kop. Why shouldn''t he celebrate. It''s not as if he ran the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of us.

Frankly I found the booing of Bellamy last night pathetic and embarrassing. I thought we were better than that.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]His celebration had no respect and then in the 2nd half when we were booing him he started giving us some jip too! I thought he would have a bit more respect for the team that kickstarted his career - and  I am sure we applauded him at Cardiff away last year? ****[/quote]Applauded and chanted his name, and he applauded back so found it strange to hear booing yesterday.

I seem to remember for Cardiff it was more of a Pantomime villan boooo than serious Tw@t abuse.Cant comment on yesterday as I wasnt there Neal....

This idea that you shouldn''t celebrate scoring against former clubs out of respect for the fans is pathetic. Seb Larsson didn''t celebrate against Arsenal last week for the exact same reason. Remind me how many games he played for Arsenal! It feeds the sense of entitlement that surrounds the average spoilt modern day football fan and I hate it. And anyway isn''t refusing to celebrate scoring a goal slightly disrespectful to the fans of your current team?

yeh similar to how Adebayor did not celebrate his goal for Money Cheat City against the Arse..........oh wait...... LOLBut I agree, goals a goal. Bellers has something to proove, actually glad it was him and not Stevie Overrated G

I haven''t got a problem with the Adebayor celebration either. The Arsenal fans gave him some fearful stick that day so he gave them some back. Too many modern day football fans seem to think it is OK to abuse a player for ninety minutes but then run to the stewards the minute they get any back. If you can''t take it then don''t dish it out.Really hope Super Mario winds up the United fans today and scores the winner for City. Now there''s a man who likes a bit of ''banter'' with the crowd.

The same reason why Paul Lambert will be booed after he leaves........ sheer stupidity and envy.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]The same reason why Paul Lambert will be booed after he leaves........ sheer stupidity and envy.
[/quote]

If you think that Paul Lambert will be booed when the time comes to move on you are sooooooooooo out of touch with the real world Cluckbert.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Anyone know?
[/quote]

Maybe because he''s an arrogant cocky git ??

Spot on Hissing Sid. I didn''t begrudge him his celebration yesterday. He somewhat failed first time round at Liverpool so I would imagine he really wants to prove a point this time round.

I also remember how proud I felt when he didn''t celebrate whilst playing for Newcastle. I personally think he''s done enough for us and have no bad feeling towards the guy.

I only watched on tv though so didn''t see what the fans are saying about him giving them some jip.

Til - I''d like to think Lambert would never be booed but who knows what could happen. There could be circumstances where it would be impossible to not boo him. I don''t think it ever would but who knows what the future holds?

[quote user="Who Let The Fox Out"]I''d like to think Lambert would never be booed but who knows what could happen. There could be circumstances where it would be impossible to not boo him.[/quote]Go on then, give me an example... short of him leaving to join Ipswich and setting fire to Carrow Road on his way out, I can''t think of any.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Who Let The Fox Out"]I''d like to think Lambert would never be booed but who knows what could happen. There could be circumstances where it would be impossible to not boo him.[/quote]Go on then, give me an example... short of him leaving to join Ipswich and setting fire to Carrow Road on his way out, I can''t think of any.

[/quote]Not everyone booed Bellamy and not everyone would boo Lambert....Some however most certainly will when that time comes.

it was nothing to do with him celebrating a goal, it was because he missed a chance which we cheered sarcastically as football fans do, and because he was frustrated he reacted and mouthed off to us. I was there and I know. the booing started after he mouthed off. his celebration was irrelevant

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Who Let The Fox Out"]I''d like to think Lambert would never be booed but who knows what could happen. There could be circumstances where it would be impossible to not boo him.[/quote]Go on then, give me an example... short of him leaving to join Ipswich and setting fire to Carrow Road on his way out, I can''t think of any.

[/quote]Can see the thread title now: "Jewell is out, Lambert seen with a jerry can and a box of matches round the back of yellows!"

[/quote]The day he walks away citing that Norwich are relatively small and can''t be taken any further.  And then returns a week or two later as the manager of Everton and we stuff them 3-0.  He gets booed again and the crowd sing, ''This is what you left us for?''