Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Submarine

Bury St. Edmunds Canaries

Unfortunately I have to work on Saturday, so i''m missing the game, bad times!

Does any one know of any pubs that are showing the game in the Bury area, on the off chance of me being able to escape for an extended lunch break?!

Pleaseeeee!

dont think there is mate, the only places i can think of are the Gym, bushell or kings but i think they just show the sky games. i shall be watchin via tinternet but not really the same! lol good to see a fellow yellow in bury

chris

Hi YS. The Queens Head in Churchgate Street is worth a try. They always had the live games on. There''s usually a few yellas in there and good ales too!!

Good luck mate!

Sorry pidge. Posted without thought - something I often do but what the heck I have to be sensible for most of my life but on the pink un I can be a prattish keyboard warrior:-)

Anyhow.... come to think of it they may only carry the Sky Sports live broadcasts. Still worth a check if you can''t make the game.

worth a look around then eh? never the same as being there but a bit more appealing than sat with laptop and a lager. they advertise if theyre showing the game or you just go and hope for the best? dont know about the bushel though, thought it was open but may be wrong.

Thank you Pidge, BY, OALP and Beano for you replies! Gutted I''ve got to miss the game. I think I''ll head to the Greyhound down Eastgate Street. Just hope it''s a quiet shift at work! OTBC

Queens Head absolutely your best bet. When we were in League one and on Sky for a Sat evening kick off unbelievably they had ESPN or whatever it was in those days on instead. Ironically it was Liverpool I seem to remember. 95% sure they will be showing the game Saturday. Good pub.

sounds good mate, pop into VC after, perect! both queens heads and greyhound are a pretty nice vibe and wont get any stick for being a lonely yellow! Cheers

[quote user="pidge"]did you have any luck mate? thinking bout this sat[/quote]

Sadly I couldn''t get away from work, so I had to settle for an online stream. Will keep in mind the two pubs metioned though if i''m in the same position again. haven''t been in the Queens head, although I have been in Maison Bleue across the road though. Proper pukka posh grub!

lol, two very different places indeed! i actually ended up in the Gym bar saturday and the atmosphere was pretty good, certaily a lota noise when we scored! didnt expect it. worth bearing in mind