Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Who would you like to see in January?

[quote user="J.Warman"]brek shea :dallas - usa international striker - meant to be the next big thing ? [/quote]

Strongly linked with some major clubs, particularly Man Utd.

Spurs and Newcastle meant to be sniffing around Junior Hoillet too. Pity - he is by far the best player in that woeful Blackburn team. We will need to have him shackled up in a couple of weeks.

I think the reason Jackson isn''t getting near the team at the moment is that he doesn''t fit into our current system. He''ll never be able to play in the lone striker role and isn''t creative or good enough with his feet to challenge Wes. However he could be a very useful player to come off the bench when we are chasing a game and want to bung on another striker and I''d rather see him alongside Morison or Holt that those two together.

As for players to bring in does anyone know anything about Johhny Russell from Dundee United? I''m only going off FIFA 12 but he''s about the best young striker in that game, is he actually any good?

I agree Mahogony, Jackson isn''t playing because currently we are only playing with one striker up. Primarily we are playing with Fox and Johnson in midfield to give the back 4 a bit of added protection. I can see him making a valuable contribution sooner or later (it may even take a year), I''d be happy to give him a new contract tomorrow, he waited a long time last season and delivered at the end of it, and he may well do the same again, even if he doesn''t there will be a few championship clubs prepared to fork a few quid out on him.

Sorry he hasn''t earnt a new contract yet. That is over-stepping the mark. He is replaceable.

Lake District Canary - I think if a player becomes available, like ayala this summer, then if the research is there go and get them in. Not saying you go out with wholesale changes, but you add to what you have. We are not the finished article, there are areas where we can improve in January.

Next summer if we are in the prem. then we will need to upgrade many in our 25 to compete (4-5 signings), but in january 2 signings would be ideal. To get a lift and push then is what we will need.

Jackson is a confidence player. However he is a poacher nothing more nothing less. However poachers have done well in this league, he just needs to relax and gain confidence then he will always hit the back of the net if given a chance. He is just not one those busy bodies that look like they are working hard.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]If we are going to try and buy a midfielder in January I''d rather we went for someone like Butterfield at Barnsley..[/quote]

[Y]