Sign in to follow this  
Wishbone

Todays starting lineup

more worryingly i understand no sub goalie. have total respect for lambert but if true this is a huge and unnecessary risk

surely even a youth gk would be better than an outfield player should rudd get injured or sent off

big big risk

With any luck it won''t matter, but when you can name seven subs there is no sensible reason I can think of not to include a goalkeeper.

no hoolahan in the starting line up and surman included.

Big game for Surman, has the ability and now has some serious competition, if we are playing 4-4-2 then he has a big role to play.

Looking forward to it. Hoping Morison or Vaughan can come on and open their accounts for the club today.

Can''t believe Surman''s retained his place.He''s done nothing all season, so today would be a good time to repay PL the faith that he has shown him!!

Hope Rudd plays well, can tell he nervous as you would expect.

Kinda nervous about Odemwingie and Long starting, 2 v.good attackers IMO.

Still goin for a 2-1 City win tho.

He looks f*cking awful does Rudd.

3 times the ball came towards him and his positioning been awful, he just slowly runs towards the ball and gets himself into trouble. Long straight ball to nobody jsut now and he was too far advanced and had to run back towards own goal to get it.

Lambert losing the plot me thinks, should ahve had emergency loan GK come in.

Although De Laet is most inconsistant defender ever, either excelletent or crap.

You do feel that the more we chase the game, the more they will punish us on the break.  De Laet doesn''t appear to have much of a brain on him.On the bright side, Surman looking lively and we''re getting stuck in now.

When you have a young keeper in it is important the centre halfs play safe and take care of him, first touch from a centre half and they left him with an impossible task...seems harsh to blame Rudd.We could do with some movement up top.

This is pathetic. I love Lambert, but when did...

Martin become better than Hoolahan and Johnson become better than Fox.

We aren''t playing football anymore, we''ve gone hoofball.

am i the onlyperson on here who thinks martin is a good player???

i think lots of people miss the little knocks and lay offs he makes to keep us going forward

johnson and tierney have also impressed more than i expected so far

Must say other than a few nervous moments, I think we have looked v.v.good going forward.

Personally think we lack a poacher style striker, someone who will get us the tap ins and scruffy goals.

Holt isn''t central enough to be this.

Were doing well getting forward but the final ball/shot isnt there.......I like to see some pace up front with holt second half and a few more of our players taking shooting on sight instead of trying to walk the ball into the net.

I also think Johnson is playing well, he has a good mix of skill and tenacity. Pleased to see Surman has upped his game too.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]He looks f*cking awful does Rudd.

3 times the ball came towards him and his positioning been awful, he just slowly runs towards the ball and gets himself into trouble. Long straight ball to nobody jsut now and he was too far advanced and had to run back towards own goal to get it.

Lambert losing the plot me thinks, should ahve had emergency loan GK come in.

Although De Laet is most inconsistant defender ever, either excelletent or crap.[/quote]

Nice one goalkeeping expert, I think he looks OK, he has settled down - give him some leeway.

I must have missed the skill from Johnson then.

I think the wingers are doing lovely, but I think we are offering zero in the centre of the park though.

I have got nothing against Rudd. I think he definitely has talent and potential however the issue I have is that it is fairly obvious that the lad just isn''t ready for the Premier League.

I can''t beileve Lambert has put us in a situation where we are relying on a young, inexperienced keeper. Not only is it likely to cost us points this season, it could infact have the opposite of the desired effect and actually harm Rudd''s confidence quite significantly. Being a keeper and especially in the Premier League there is absolutely no where to hide, every mistake is picked up and all over the media.

Quite angry about the situation really.