Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Declan Rudd

Solid enough game in his first premiership start.

Fairly sure the goal was mostly if not all De Laet''s fault. He made a few other saves (9 on target shots from WBA according to BBC stats), he had a few dodgy kicks, but a few decent enough ones as well.

Think with a bit of experience he will be more than good enough GK, definatly good enough to be back up to Ruddy this season.

Disagree. Was a deer in headlights. Ill-prepared and I would be surprised if he plays again this year. Sorry but lacked confidence and the Prem isn''t where one should learn it. Glad he saved the Pen, was justice there but he looked horrible in general. Didn''t sense any communication whatsoever between Rudd and the FB''s.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Disagree. Was a deer in headlights. Ill-prepared and I would be surprised if he plays again this year. Sorry but lacked confidence and the Prem isn''t where one should learn it. Glad he saved the Pen, was justice there but he looked horrible in general. Didn''t sense any communication whatsoever between Rudd and the FB''s.[/quote] ?

I don''t think I have ever disagreed more than with that statement nycanary. Thought he did what he needed to do well. He''s a young lad making his PL début live on sky and in front of a packed stadium. Didn''t stand much chance with the goal and saved a penalty. Maybe they were showing a different game up here in Sheffield.

Totally agree about the communication.

Rudd is four years younger than Ruddy, and he spent several years out on loan etc etc when at Everton.

This is what Rudd needs, as his learning curve is at the top level currently. Joe Lewis went to Morecambe and Stockport on loan. Rudd should have done same, and we get Marcus H as Nr 2

I thought the lad looked OK, but he needs these types of games to increase his experience. He was in no way at fault for the goal.

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]Totally agree about the communication.

Rudd is four years younger than Ruddy, and he spent several years out on loan etc etc when at Everton.

This is what Rudd needs, as his learning curve is at the top level currently. Joe Lewis went to Morecambe and Stockport on loan. Rudd should have done same, and we get Marcus H as Nr 2[/quote]Hahnemann will be going through the draft pick / allocation process in the MLS, he wants to join his first club Seattle if another MLS team doesn''t pick him up before their pick. Their season ends in November. Interestingly, he never stopped training at Wolves, and if they needed a keeper he is considered a free agent and could be signed. Here is a quote from Wayne Hennessey:"We stick together and we’ve still got Marcus Hahnemann at the club, so there’s plenty of competition for places. It’s always the same for goalkeepers because everyone is battling for the one shirt and that keeps you on your toes".Just another example of yet another Premiership club with plenty of goalkeeping options. They have Hennessey, de Vries, and it transpires they still have Hahnemann turning up for work. He could effectively be used by them at any point up to early January, when MLS teams do the draft pick process. That is an example of clever football management. Mick McCarthy confirmed that he is looking at free agents, he a man who knows what he is doing, very clever. There are still lots of free agents out there that we could sign by the way, James McFadden is one. McCarthy is looking at El-Hadji Diouf and Steed Malbranque, as well as McFadden. We could sign Richard Wright if we wanted, I''d have him.

newyork canary - what a ridiculous post - deer in the headlights??? u don''t expect a 20 year old gk 2 be nervous on his 1st prem start?  declan did absolutely nothing wrong today (a few dodgy kicking moments) made 2 excellent saves and in the main had a good game.  looked horrible in general.....explain youself cos saying things like that without any substantiated evidence just makes you look very foolish

[quote user="Harry"]Where did you watch it Cluck?[/quote]I''m not being critical of a young player though am I?There''s the big difference.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Harry"]Where did you watch it Cluck?[/quote]I''m not being critical of a young player though am I?There''s the big difference.[/quote]To my mind the biggest difference is it would have been easier for you to be at Carrow Road than some one from New York.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Harry"]Where did you watch it Cluck?
[/quote]

I''m not being critical of a young player though am I?

There''s the big difference.
[/quote]

To my mind the biggest difference is it would have been easier for you to be at Carrow Road than some one from New York.
[/quote]

Harry 1 Cluck 0 [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Harry"]Where did you watch it Cluck?[/quote]I''m not being critical of a young player though am I?There''s the big difference.[/quote]To my mind the biggest difference is it would have been easier for you to be at Carrow Road than some one from New York.[/quote]

Harry 1 Cluck 0 [:)]

[/quote]HA![:D]

I think Rudd was brilliant today. Yes he did look shaky in the first 5-10minutes but who wouldn''t be?! The pen save was excellent as was his save in the first half. You have to remember pretty much for the last 2 weeks he''s been away with the England U21 squad, so to come in and do what he did today, it was a very good performance. His confidence will have been boosted, hopefully he will get some more games under his belt!

I thought he did well and really improved as the game went on.

For the first 20 mins the back 6 were a nightmare - odemwinghe was running the channels between a barnett de laet & tierney and feeding off intelligent passes from their midfield who were allowed too much space and time on the ball by johnson & croft.

The winner was a classic case, Tierney was less than 2 feet from O and should have tracked his run, he was in his line of sight and unlike de laet could see and sense the danger. At the very least a warning shout should have been given, there was none. On top of that De Laet header was well short.

Cant see any blame on rudd for the goal but can see how it would knock his confidence, and he did spill an effort. However he was the far busier keeper, having to make several, if regulation, saves and some of his handling in the second half was excellent.

He will come on for this - I hope our defence does teh same soon

Rudd did pretty well, it was a big ask and he, for the most part, acquitted himself well. Not many players go through 90 minutes without making some sort of error and aside from the fumble and a couple of iffy kicks I think he looked ok.

Morty, if Cluck does meet you for a beer I reckon his will be a bitter...

Rudd was a bit of a mixed bag for me. Forutnately for him I think the penalty save will mask what was a pretty shakey performance.

It''s difficult to judge how much (if any) blame he can take for the goal. On the one hand RDL should have dealt with the situation better but maybe there was a lack of information coming from the ''keeper. I just have a feeling that if John Ruddy had been in goal that situation might not have occured.

He generally looked nervous throughout most of the match (although obviously grew a bit after the penalty) and I think we were lucky WBA were not pinging in cross after cross. His distribution was poor and despite a good save from Odemwingie in the first half (which was pretty much straight at him, tbf) he dropped a fairly tame shot from Dorrans in the second half, similar to the way he let the ball get away from him when he came on against Chelsea.

Credit to the lad, he made himself big for the penalty and he read where Odemwingie was going to put it.