Sign in to follow this  
Norwich  R  Us

WE DONT HAVE THE REQUIRED QUALITY

I may have my NCFC goggles on. But we were the better team today

Your 1st sentence was the corect one! 

We wern''t the better team. We had lots of play but didn''t have the quality to do anything with it. We also gave a goal from a defensive mix up something WBA didn''t!

When Lambert learns more then we may just about have enough quality. By learning I mean by playing his best team, Hoolahan should be starting and Chris Martin shouldn''t be anywhere near the starting 11!

His goal at Chelsea came as a result of a defensive mix up and he happened to be standing in the right place at the right time. Granted he took the chance very well, but from open play I don''t think he will score many at this level because he is not quick enough in the box.

Look at the goals scored against us due to our defensive errors. Each time the forward was razor sharp in getting to the ball and sticking it into the net. Today was a good example of that.

Problem with Holt is that when he gets in those situations for us, he goes to ground and looks for a penalty because he doesn''t have the pace to get to the ball. He isn''t helped by the fact that Chris Martin has no pace inside the penalty area either.

Just beacuse their keeper did not have much to do. We got into excellent positions, and better finishing we would have scored. I don''t recall any clear chances for WBA other than the goal and the post, and obviously the pen - which should not have been.

Its not all about goals to make a performance. Tierney and Naughton made excellent crosses.

Our attacking side of the team is not the problem. Its defence, and I could have seen this ages ago in the summer.

Rudd was excellent.

Peter Odemwingie was Sky''s man of match. Scored a poachers goal, missed a pen, what else? Not saying a NCFC player should have got the award, but hows that for tinted glasses - one goal and your man of the match? Bollox

i don`t think there`s much chance of you breaking derby`s record low points total!!. but i do think that the quality of the league you now find yourselves in has just started to dawn on many. when even a poor side like west brom can turn up on any given day and `do a job` on you.