Sign in to follow this  
Norwich  R  Us

WE DONT HAVE THE REQUIRED QUALITY

For all the effort and attitude, we clearly don''t have the quality to win games in this division, especially with Hoolahan on the bench...The good news is we will have a strong championship squad for next time, but this is going to be a long, disappointing season.

[quote user="Norwich R Us"]For all the effort and attitude, we clearly don''t have the quality to win games in this division, especially with Hoolahan on the bench...The good news is we will have a strong championship squad for next time, but this is going to be a long, disappointing season.[/quote]We do have the quality, when Lambert starts picking the right eleven and stops being Mr Tinkerman. Hoolahan should be on the pitch for every single minute that he is fit, Simeon Jackson should have started the season, Surman shouldn''t be anywhere near the first team until he sorts it out, Chris Martin shouldn''t have got his place back as easily as he did, Anthony Pilkington shouldn''t have been brought into the team at 85% fit. And somebody needs to tell De Laet to stop trying to play like f*cking Maldini and to not be afraid to hit the ball into row Z. When we sort that out, and Lambert realises that Leeds fans were being serious when they were saying that Bradley Johnson is distinctly average, we might start winning some games. At the moment I don''t really know what Lambert is trying to do.

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]I may have my NCFC goggles on. But we were the better team today[/quote]We were the home team and at times we looked like the away team, I wasn''t wearing any goggles....

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]I may have my NCFC goggles on. But we were the better team today[/quote]

take them off then and see that we weren''t

no need to slit your wrists quite yet! we competed quite well. yes we need points but they''ll come. We have not had too much luck, today we should have had a penalty and therefore a draw at worst. But we do need to stop the stupid mistakes.

[quote user="Marty"]no need to slit your wrists quite yet! we competed quite well. yes we need points but they''ll come. We have not had too much luck, today we should have had a penalty and therefore a draw at worst. But we do need to stop the stupid mistakes.[/quote]One of the best chances of 3 points all season. If we don''t get 3 points against Swansea, I can see us finishing rock bottom, time for them to sort it out. I can''t take any positives from this, we lost a game that we should have won. We didn''t win, we didn''t draw, we lost. Football is a simple game, you get 3 points, 1 point, or 0 points, we got 0 points.

Well Norwich r us, if we haven''t got a win in the next 2 games then I think we will be in for a very very long season. At the end of the second half we were looking desperate for a goal that woudl have got us a point against a team that most of us would have put down as a very possible 3 points in the bag game.

I think Johnson in the first half was very good, alas second half when on the ball he was weaker, but his tackling and desire again first class.

We were in ''chase the game'' mode from the start unfortunately, lucky not to lose 3-0 with the penalty and the long strike by Durrans hitting the post. First half we played well without having really a shot on target. This is the disappointing thing and if this figure and stat doesn''t change then we will be in the bottom three.

What Lambert is building is a team with hunger, ability and quality. Now some of the players are not hitting their peaks yet and hence what we are seeing is a team with potential and he is using his man-management style to try and get that extra 10% out of them. Some games it will work, but we don''t have time to waste in this league.

I think we have the required quality to be fourth from bottom, but that is also only if we beat the teams around us and to acquire that position and those points we need our players to be playing at their highest levels.

We knew this season was a big ask and with the window shut this is our team. I hope they are desperate for the trip to the Reebok to get out there and prove a point. We NEED a result ASAP otherwise we will be watching a very desperate team.

I may have my NCFC goggles on. But we were the better team today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

west brom were better in defence than norwich. and west brom were better up front. norwich played lots of pretty `tippy tappy` triangles to little effect, especially in the first half.

[quote user="Marty"]yes we need points but they''ll come. [/quote]From where? You can''t huff and puff to 40 points at this level.We are only talking about referring decisions because there''s nothing else to talk about....

We just need to be a bit more savvy about what is required to win premier league games and to realise this is a different standard altogether.No more silly penalties given away cos its obvious the refs are looking for us to give the slightest reason for them to give one.We also need to start going down in the box easier if the penslaties given against us are anything to go by.No reason to panic yet. For the last two seasons we have made gentle starts and then picked up as the season goes on.

I still for the life of me cannot understand why we don''t have a third keeper in the squad though.

We are only talking about referring [sic] because there''s nothing else to talk about

No. People are talking about refereeing because in 4 games we have had 4 penalties given against us.

Wigan - outside the box

Stoke - well outside the box

Chelsea - diving before contact

WBA - diving after minimal contact

If you can''t beat the system then use it.

We need to be more shrewd.

[quote user="exiled blue"]I may have my NCFC goggles on. But we were the better team today[/quote]That''s why their keeper was barely used then?  In an away fixture? It''s wakey, wakey time.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Norwich R Us"]For all the effort and attitude, we clearly don''t have the quality to win games in this division, especially with Hoolahan on the bench...The good news is we will have a strong championship squad for next time, but this is going to be a long, disappointing season.[/quote]We do have the quality, when Lambert starts picking the right eleven and stops being Mr Tinkerman. Hoolahan should be on the pitch for every single minute that he is fit, Simeon Jackson should have started the season, Surman shouldn''t be anywhere near the first team until he sorts it out, Chris Martin shouldn''t have got his place back as easily as he did, Anthony Pilkington shouldn''t have been brought into the team at 85% fit. And somebody needs to tell De Laet to stop trying to play like f*cking Maldini and to not be afraid to hit the ball into row Z. When we sort that out, and Lambert realises that Leeds fans were being serious when they were saying that Bradley Johnson is distinctly average, we might start winning some games. At the moment I don''t really know what Lambert is trying to do. [/quote]I agree with much of this post, though I think Johnson is better than average and had a better game than Crofts today.

at the end of the day we are lacking an experienced CB and a creative spark in the huckerby mould. We pressed well today but how many chances did we actually have?

[quote user="exiled blue"]wasn`t that the first time that you`ve lost 2 on the spin under lambert?.[/quote]

sorry about the double post. the first one didn`t show up, on some sort of time delay!!

[quote user="exiled blue"]unless i`m mistaken isn`t that the two defeats on the spin that PL hasn`t had happen before?.[/quote]You are mistaken, the two defeats in a row was the MK Dons game, this is three defeats in a row.

Its not a lack of quality i don''t think, more naivety.

Ok we lacked some quality in front of goal, but Crofts someone who scored a fair few last season, didn''t seem to know how to shoot today. Morison had a header that should have been better, Holt had one that looked a great chance. these players know how to score they have done it plenty of times before.

I think its to early to just say these players are lacking quality, I think once Lambert has a fairly stable system and we get a couple of goals in a game we could really push on.

I agree with the OP! I''m not being negative for the sake of it but there were times today when I thought we looked like a championship side playing a decent premiership side.

I dont know what it was but we just lacked something and I think that was down to Wessi not starting - I thought we improved when he came on but the issue for me is that we need to accomdate Wessi every game and not leave him on the bench.

We huffed and we puffed but we just couldnt blow the West Brom house down....

On to the Reebok!

OTBC

We are very good on the ball and moving it forward. We can match most teams in this department throughout the Premiership. But we have three main problems.

1. Our strikers are too immobile at this level, they are not quick enough to make that little bit of space to get a shot away. Although we get the ball into the final third, we have failed to find a way past any of the Premier sides'' defences. Grant Holt is not the answer and his substitution today may be the beginning of the end for him - my opinion

2. We make basic errors at the back. It takes just one simple mistake and bang, the opposition scores. Our back line is too naieve. It''s a tough learning curve and it''s costing us points. Today it cost us another 3 points.

3. The officials are giving too many bad decisions against us. Is it a physcological thing we them, that they think we don''t deserve to be at the top table. The decisions against us today were appalling. This has been a feature of our campaign since the off. And when neutrals and commentators pick up on it, you know it''s not just fans grumbling

At the moment the fight and the spirit is still there in the squad. How long can they maintain it in face of defeats and unfair refereeing? I don''t know.

But Paul Lambert is facing the biggest challenge of his managerial career, to date. He''s got to pick a settled team, he''s got to sort out the problems at the back and sharpen up the front men. He''s got to keep the fighting mentality going and stop heads from drooping. It''s squarely on PL''s shoulders now to turn things around, if not, we''re looking at a long hard season ahead

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]We are very good on the ball and moving it forward. We can match most teams in this department throughout the Premiership. But we have three main problems. 1. Our strikers are too immobile at this level, they are not quick enough to make that little bit of space to get a shot away. Although we get the ball into the final third, we have failed to find a way past any of the Premier sides'' defences. Grant Holt is not the answer and his substitution today may be the beginning of the end for him - my opinion 2. We make basic errors at the back. It takes just one simple mistake and bang, the opposition scores. Our back line is too naieve. It''s a tough learning curve and it''s costing us points. Today it cost us another 3 points. 3. The officials are giving too many bad decisions against us. Is it a physcological thing we them, that they think we don''t deserve to be at the top table. The decisions against us today were appalling. This has been a feature of our campaign since the off. And when neutrals and commentators pick up on it, you know it''s not just fans grumbling At the moment the fight and the spirit is still there in the squad. How long can they maintain it in face of defeats and unfair refereeing? I don''t know. But Paul Lambert is facing the biggest challenge of his managerial career, to date. He''s got to pick a settled team, he''s got to sort out the problems at the back and sharpen up the front men. He''s got to keep the fighting mentality going and stop heads from drooping. It''s squarely on PL''s shoulders now to turn things around, if not, we''re looking at a long hard season ahead .[/quote]

I''m not criticisng because I agree Holty wasnt at his best today but he scored against Chelsea and today was the first PL game where we havent scored...

other than away matches at Man Utd and Man City ,where we will clearly have to tailor our team to suit, there HAS to come a time when we settle on a team and formation. I cannot subscribe to this changing our team each week to suit the opposition.

This may come when we get out first win, when Lamberts hand may almost be forced to keep the same team ???