Sign in to follow this  
Captain Controversy

Hoolahan and Fox need to start

A decent performance today let down by (obviously) another dodgy ref, the reluctance of our players to shoot, and our midfield.Why do we have two of our best and most creative players on the bench? I mean Fox is clearly the best passer at the club, and he hasn''t played since Wigan where he was walking a tightrope after his first minute booking...Johnson can provide the ''bite'', Crofts can sit on the bench. He has been really disappointing so far this season and his first touch is abysmal for a professional footballer in a high division.I don''t know if Pilkington is niggled again (?) but from what I have seen he is much more of a threat and adds more to the midfield unit on the whole than Bennet, who should be our ''impact sub''.I didnt think Surman played too badly today, but we need Fox and Hoolahan in, who are both far better players.Midfield to look like this            FoxPilkington   Johnson        HoolahanI also hope Vaughan will be fully fit and his lip is okay as I''d like to see him start.On another note Olsson and Tamas (and Reid with his wrestling) were despicable today.... but showed us how you need to be battling at the bottom end of this league. They certainly knew what to get away with and when.I also thought Rudd played well. I hope some stay off his back now, and his pen save gives him a lot of confidence. I''m just as happy with him in goal as I am Ruddy.De Laet is turning into De Liability. I know he''s not rated on this site but I''d love to Ward fit asap and back in the team. Classy defenders who are comfortable with the ball at their feet and can pick passes are all the rage in the prem. I know a lot disagree but Ward is good with the ball, and surely won''t make as many huge errors as De Laet. Todays goal was pathetic, and the fact he tried to blame Rudd made it even more frustrating...  hold your hands up, mate.Tierney has stepped up very well, as I expected. He was our best player today.Naughton looks fine, shame hes not ours.Barnett looks perma-clumsy, but today he did well. I want to see him alongside Ward again as that partnership began to look good before his injury last season.I like Morison too, but he could have done better with that header. Him and Vaughan could well end up being our top 2 very soon.