Sign in to follow this  
Canary1902

It pains me that we are proving our critics right!

I hurts like hell to say that we are proving our critics right, and mainly because we shouldn''t be.

Our performances have done enough for us to be at least 10th - 13th right now, but why are we now sat right where everyone (the people who said we wouldn''t get in the prem) said.

Personally I think the problems lie in the following areas, please feel free to agree or disagree:

1) Richie De Laet. Had some good performances but has made far too many errors at this level. Wigan Penalty. Chelsea''s 2nd Goal. WBA Goal. All down to him.

2) Tempo. We need to speed it up. We''re spending far too much time on the ball, and getting closed down far too quickly.

3) Attack. WE F**CKING LOVE GRANT HOLT, and personally I love Chrissy. But the 2 together just don''t have enough pace to make a full impact. We need to start giving Morison some starts, instead of him warming the bench.

I will say however that I do have praise for our team. I think in our opening four games we have been hard done by. 4 penalties in 4 games is ridiculous, and the one against WBA was sickening. Especially when you look at the state of Vaughan''s mouth afterwards.

We have to prove our critics wrong, otherwise the team spirit and morale that we have come to rely on so much will fizzle out.

OTBC!

As frustrating as it is we are only 4 games in (which yes I kno we need all the points we can get) but we are a good team and have had some very unfair decisions our way.

I think Wes starting is what we need as he has that spark which will hopefully create something.

I stongly beleive we have what it takes for this league as we do not look out of place - even when playing the likes of Chelsea. Lets get behind the boys and our time will come OTBC!

Thats about right.

Performances aren''t everything.

I''ve seen lots of comments on here saying were poor, certain players who had a good game were poor etc.

It wasn''t a poor performance. The main downfall was a lack of conviction in our shooting, and to an extent a lack of decent chances created.

We have been done over by the refs this season, and something needs to be changed there. But we can''t just blame the referees. Our performances are good enough to win games, but our shooting isn''t.

I think it has less to do with the ''critics being right'' and everything to do with the usual ''over expectation'' of modern City fans.You''ve got what your dream by being in the Premier League... now comes the reality.

I take more pride in playing well whilst being screwed by dodgy refs and losing than playing crap and  winning unjustly. Its what the PL is all about sadly. Its no wonder so many are losing the passion for the game and switching to rugby.

The wins will amount soon enough, so long as our performances and morale dont welter, which Im sure they wont.

OTBC

Football is very frustrating at the moment.

Cheating/Diving etc, every team is taking advantage of it in someway or another now, some less than others but it still happens.

Dodgy refs. There just not good enough, ok they are Human, but that doesn''t justify the amount of mistakes they make.

No technology? I don''t care if it delays the game loads, makes it more stop start, if it gets rid of the rubbish decision, it will make football better.

Players who don''t care. Ok you can''t blame someone for going to a club who will pay them more, but seriously some players just don''t seem to care about anything other than money.

Billionaire owners, making clubs who don''t deserve on merit to be good, good.This Russian team, Man.C, Chelsea, there is a spanish one as well. Just throwing money at players to make the team better. Man.U may well spend lots of money, but they develop players, and spend money wisely.

Ticket prices- Ok Football is a business, but football is becoming unaffordable for many people.

TV- So much is on TV now, ruins the schedule, takes fans away from stadiums and makes more people think they are experts.

There is probably some more, its just really annoying being a football fan in general.

And as for Norwich, its nice to watch us play nice football, but i would rather we won a few games by cheating/luck/dodgy referee decisions first, before playing really well and losing.

what you''ve said there gingerpele is surely wrong?.

you''ve stated the things that are wrong with football (cheating and diving) and then said thats what we should try to do.

City have got honest players and an honest manager. The Likes of Grant Holt and the other stalwarts who won so much won''t go down for the want of trying.... the fight in the newcomers is uncertain however.It''s early doors, but we''re still very much ''little old Norwich'' and everyone at this level knows it.

Yeah we might as well, Football is obviously not going to change.

the FA don''t care, Fifa don''t care. Fans have no power. There are so few footballers who truly care about the clubs they play for, how many people play for there boyhood team? Do any of our players support Norwich? Martin maybe? Rudd?

Its just frustrating watching it all happen, and we don''t seem to win penalties by diving, or even very often by ''inviting the foul''. Seriously, unless there is someway to stop everyone from doing it, we might as well join in.

It''s all about goals. I thought we had plenty of possession today, and had plenty of play in and around the box, but there was nobody there to apply the finishing touch on countless occasions, We need somebody to find their shooting boots before it''s too late!

[quote user="Canary1902"].

2) Tempo. We need to speed it up. We''re spending far too much time on the ball, and getting closed down far too quickly.

3) ![/quote]He is getting a lot of plaudits on here but I have to say Bradley Johnson holds up the ball way to much.He really stops the tempo quite severely at times :-/That said he is pretty class on the ball and with his passing, think he just needs to be told to speed it up a touch !!