Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

I can see us going all season without a blank sheet

I am being serious. Lots of good effort and spirit but this defence is so accident prone. We have a team which sadley will struggle to score much more than 1 goal a game. We are gifting goals away and no sign of it getting better. I fear wins may be few and far apart this season.

These are disappointing times after high expectation which was probably too optimistic. We still have a chance to pull things around but need to start getting some wins and stopping the unforced errors. If anyone can work the magic though it is PL. He is entering new groung as head of a struggling side where goals are hard to get and the slightest mistakes are punished

I don''t think that we need to keep clean sheets if we can start looking more dangerous in the final third, we only need to score one more than them.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]We will against Swansea, they probably won''t score all season....[/quote]They have kept two clean sheets though, so that game is looking like a certain 0-0 to me, might check out the betfair odds.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]We will against Swansea, they probably won''t score all season....[/quote]They have kept two clean sheets though, so that game is looking like a certain 0-0 to me, might check out the betfair odds.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]We will against Swansea, they probably won''t score all season....[/quote]

You mean the team that stuffed us 3-0 towards end of last season?

That was last season, both us and Swansea scored plenty of goals last season, see either of us doing the same this season?

Just because of last seasons result, doesn''t mean it will happen again, and if the somehow managed to not score in the 3 games between our game, they are no more likely to score against us than they were against Wigan or Sunderland....

I just don''t understand why he didn''t spend more money on the defense if he planning on starting Holt and Martin. 3m on Morison is a hell of alot of money for a player he doesn''t seem to have faith in.

Quit the tinkering Mr.Lambert and resort back to what we know worked before. Why fix something that isn''t broken.

I know Prem is different class, but atleast stick to what we know works.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]That was last season, both us and Swansea scored plenty of goals last season, see either of us doing the same this season?

Just because of last seasons result, doesn''t mean it will happen again, and if the somehow managed to not score in the 3 games between our game, they are no more likely to score against us than they were against Wigan or Sunderland....[/quote]Could say the same with Crofts goals though, they were last season too! I don''t expect Swansea to give us an easy ride, I would like to see both teams going for it, and think that a high scoring game is as likely as a low scoring one. You could argue that Swansea have had a better start than us. They are undefeated at home, haven''t conceeded at home, and their two defeats have been away at Man City and Arsenal. As of yet, they haven''t had a result as bad as ours today, I know that it is early days, etc etc, I''m being negative, but today was a very bad result. Perhaps you could argue that the refs have cheated us out of a point or two this year, but most of our points have been lost as a result of mistakes. Swansea can take a lot of positives from two clean sheets.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]I just don''t understand why he didn''t spend more money on the defense if he planning on starting Holt and Martin. 3m on Morison is a hell of alot of money for a player he doesn''t seem to have faith in.

Quit the tinkering Mr.Lambert and resort back to what we know worked before. Why fix something that isn''t broken.

I know Prem is different class, but atleast stick to what we know works.[/quote]If Morison hadn''t have played twice over the International break then there might have been a good chance of him starting today I suspect, I thought he looked decent against Wigan.