Sign in to follow this  
J.Warman

bennett should of taken the free kick

at the end of the game we had a free kick in a good shooting position but Johnson just hit the wall with it, i feel with bennett''s delivery he might of scored that and became a hero.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]He might have, or like 90% of freekicks all over the land he would have missed it as well.[/quote]Correct.[quote user="J.Warman"]at the end of the game we had a free kick in a

good shooting position but Johnson just hit the wall with it, i feel

with bennett''s delivery he might of scored that and became a

hero.[/quote]Thicko! [:S]

I got something right?

That can''t be, check again lappinitup, i don''t believe that my grammar (it is grammar were talking about here right?) is better than someone else''s :P

[quote user="forever city"]what would you of done if johnson scored a screamer and came sprinting to the snake pit, took of his shirt and the whole ground went mental?[/quote]Dear, oh bloody dear! [:S]

I can''t understand why, in situations like that mentioned above, we don''t go for the inswinging option. A ball aimed at the far post only takes a little nick to divert it whereas an away swinger is helping the defence.

i was thinking the exact same at the time. i thought the angle suited the right footer better and even if bennett didnt score i''d still of been happier him taking that free kick. i dont think johnson quite has the curl/curve skill in his locker from that angle. good deliveries though and a handy shot on him, just got to work on his accuracy

For me Bennett should have been subbed about 25 minutes before the free kick was given Struggled badly in the 2nd half imho. I was calling for Wes to come on for Bennett early in the second half and a switch to the diamond (Crofts going out right in my thoughts)

A mate and I were chatting about Bennett yesterday. Naughton is bringing the ball a long way up and not leaving Bennett with enough room or time to try and beat people. Tierney has the overlapping role down to a T.

[quote user="MPR"]A mate and I were chatting about Bennett yesterday. Naughton is bringing the ball a long way up and not leaving Bennett with enough room or time to try and beat people. Tierney has the overlapping role down to a T.[/quote]Bennett had no clue yesterday how to do anything other than hug the line, as soon as he needed to come inside for the ball he was lost- got into decent positions but didn''t play a good ball and the great chance he had in the first half should have hit the target but he panicked and put in the worst effort of the match.