Sign in to follow this  
Downloads

Johnson

Sorry but if Johnson starts over Hoolahan and Fox at home, then you deserve everything you get.

Johnson has no class whatsoever. Fox and Hoolahan were in a promoted team, Johnson wasn''t, yet starts ahead of them.

Bloody strange if you ask me.

firstly im not johnsons biggest fan BUT i think he played well today

true he doesnt have fantastic skill but he gives us some bite and aggression which we need in the team

i think he played much better than crofts today.

for me its johnson or crofts with. fox depending on opposition.

hoolahan should be first name on team sheet as he is our only real class player. i think he should always start and then if its one of those days when its not working for him (as happens) then bring him off

Thought Johnson did quite well. I was less keen on Crofts performance, too many wasted chances and very little creativity. I wouldn''t play them together.

Johnson had a good game today, if we take your point that Fox was part of a promoted team why are we playing Da Laet?

Surman was truly pants today and he was part of a promoted team also, I would have started with Hoolahan before Surman.

Well done Johnson,he was controlling the passing in midfield more than Crofts. Fox also is too light weight in midfield too.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Funny how people see games differently - I thought Johnson had an excellent game, won the ball and kept getting stuck in. 
[/quote]

Don''t disagree with that aspect of his game and in my mind thats okay for a Championship player, its not enough for Premiership quality.

I believe with Fox and Hoolahan in the middle we can control the ball, just wish the manager felt the same way.

[quote user="canaryfan68"]Johnson had a good game today, if we take your point that Fox was part of a promoted team why are we playing Da Laet?

Surman was truly pants today and he was part of a promoted team also, I would have started with Hoolahan before Surman.

Well done Johnson,he was controlling the passing in midfield more than Crofts. Fox also is too light weight in midfield too.[/quote]Again, I thought Surman had one of his best 60 minutes since joining us.  Linked midfield and attack and we missed him when he went off... if he had started with Hoolahan we could have done something today.

[quote user="canaryfan68"]Johnson had a good game today, if we take your point that Fox was part of a promoted team why are we playing Da Laet? Surman was truly pants today and he was part of a promoted team also, I would have started with Hoolahan before Surman. Well done Johnson,he was controlling the passing in midfield more than Crofts. Fox also is too light weight in midfield too.[/quote]

True, apart from he was a loan player. But I would definitely say the same of Vaughan and Jackson - Personally I think its insulting to Jackson.

He wasn''t perfect but I thought he played well, covered a lot of ground, passed pretty well and had more influence than Crofts. Not sure what you''re moaning about.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="canaryfan68"]Johnson had a good game today, if we take your point that Fox was part of a promoted team why are we playing Da Laet? Surman was truly pants today and he was part of a promoted team also, I would have started with Hoolahan before Surman. Well done Johnson,he was controlling the passing in midfield more than Crofts. Fox also is too light weight in midfield too.[/quote]

Again, I thought Surman had one of his best 60 minutes since joining us.  Linked midfield and attack and we missed him when he went off... if he had started with Hoolahan we could have done something today.
[/quote]

Respect your opinion Chops, but I feel if everyone played so well why are we losing, unless this team were always a cert for relegation?

back to the op, if you want to play Hooly or Fox instead of one of Johnson or Crofts then on todays performance it would be Crofts you''d leave out

[quote user="canaryfan68"]Johnson had a good game today, if we take your point that Fox was part of a promoted team why are we playing Da Laet?

Well done Johnson,he was controlling the passing in midfield more than Crofts. Fox also is too light weight in midfield too.[/quote]Because we have a shortage of fit centre backs and sent Rob Edwards home at the end of the season?

Bradley look OK but no idea how izi fox after only play against wigan lost his place and surman afterpoor games + poor reserve games start the game!

Agains prety average WBA we also stay Hoolahan on bench !?Ok then against who he can start!?

We izi will loose confidence very soon if keep not wining this games and with goal look so much away from us at this moment we face bottom teams next 3-4 weeks so missing this points we sure will colapse at the end of the season.

Johnson everytime, he his stong in the tackle, good passer of the ball and always looking to get the game forward. Crofts does a little of all that but none of them as well as Johnson, Korey Smith might be worth a look instead of crofts.

Johnson played very very well.

Its Surman who should have been left out for Hoolahan.

I think the combination of Crofts and Johnson could be key, as as much as i rate Fox and think he''s a great player i think the way Johnson and Crofts play will be a better paring for us this season. As long as Hoolahan is playing

It''s funny how different people see each game. Johnson, to me, looked every bit a Premiership player, and probably covered more ground than anybody. Crofts, on the other hand, looked lightweight, and frequently surrendered possession.

If it became an ''either/or'', Johnson should be in the team at the expense of Crofts. Mind you, neither would be selected on the quality of their shooting........

Johnson has been the POTS so far for me! He breaks down attacks, isn''t afraid of putting his body/head in where it hurts for the team and has an eye for a pass. Just because he doesn''t do 15 step overs and score 25 yard free kicks every match, doesn''t mean he isn''t a good player!! If you play hoolahan from the start, then you have to play the diamond, which would get ripped apart in this League. You would then have at least 2 attackers in midfield (Wes and Benno) which would be terrible against some of the best teams in the Country. Johnson is defensive minded which is what you need in the PL. Bringing WH on in the 2nd half is ideal, the oppositions defence is tiring, we change to a diamond, and the oppo dont know what we are doing.

Totally! Every Leeds fan knows he usually hits the corner flag. Our free kick at the end, I could lipread Bennett asking Johnson - meekly

''do you want me to take it?'' As if johnson was ever gonna let him! Lambert needs to sort this out. As if he hasn''t got enough on his plate.

Who got Man of the Match today, Johnson. Why, because he played out of his skin today. He was our best player today and definitely has the quality required to be our starting holding midfielder at this level. He has the strength, skill and determination to keep us in this division, and I genuinely believe that. He would be perfect for a diamond formation with Hoolahan at the tip, Bennett and Pilkington on the wings, and him at the base. Just what we need to keep us up.

Surely Lambert decides who takes set pieces, if Johnson is the chosen man, then maybe he will re-think that.

And if for some unbeknown reason he''s left it for them to decide between them, he will probably put someone else on free-kick duty now.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Johnson played very very well. Its Surman who should have been left out for Hoolahan. I think the combination of Crofts and Johnson could be key, as as much as i rate Fox and think he''s a great player i think the way Johnson and Crofts play will be a better paring for us this season. As long as Hoolahan is playing[/quote]

Spot on. Hoolahan made a difference today but PL is always going to struggle to find Wes a place in a 442. Johnson was excellent today. And Crofts whilst not too good today, has done well this year. Surman looks a bit short at this level at the moment.  

having watched the stoke, chelsea and west brom games i find it totally unbelievable that some of you are finding it hard to take to johnson, for my money he has been our best player in all 3 games i''ve seen.  it is all about opinions i know but some opinions on here really do make me wonder just how much some of you actually know about how football works!  its always the same, we didnt today, and generally haven''t all season, got the rub of the green, that little bit of luck that u need to be successful in this league.  it will happen soon......but in the meantime please stop looking 4 scapegoats and suggesting u would have picked a different team selection just because we didn''t win

BJ done well today - got stuck in and put himself about, broke up oppsition play and kept the ball and made the pass - thats his job role isn''t it??Also Hucks had him as our man of the match - and he knows more about football than all of us!!!