Sign in to follow this  
Smudge

ASHTON: FEE AGREED

:

Apparently the final fee should be as much as £3m - lack of ambition....OTBC

[quote]And it''s just been mentioned on Radio 5 now too! The savior is coming![/quote]

Don''t get too carried away.  He looks a good striker but as in another post, don''t expect him to single-handedly keep us up.

WE SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED THIS AFTER LAST XMAS. WORTHY SAID HUCKS COST TOO MUCH BACK THEN

NICE ONE WORTHY &

NICE ONE BOARD!!!!!!!!!

its the same huckerby euphoria again! all of a sudden my whole perspective of the season has changed!! absolutely chuffed,lets just hope nigel can entice him here and nobody else bids for him!! wonder how much it is? also whats the odds on Bent to follow?

Yes!

Best news i have heard for a long while!

I always had a sneaky feeling that worthington had something up his sleeve.

However, he hasn''t actually signed yet. But, who can question the boards ambition?

I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO PLEASED TO FIND OUT SOMEONE I TRUST WITH MY FUTURE HAPPINESS IS SUCH A LYING GIT!!!!!!!

WHEN IS BENT COMING THEN????

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES COME ON DAR DAR DAR DAR DAR DAR DAR DAR!!!!!!

IFT, don''t push your luck mate. Deano will do just fine. Now a good loan signing and i think we''re just about equipped for europe.

Still the final lap to be completed chaps, but it''s great news so far.

After this euphoria dies down - what next? Is it Bent or is there another position we should really be targetting next. Surely it''s defensively too we need input given our goals conceded record?

If Ashton signs then it''s a positive step. From what I''ve seen he''s a natural finisher and the good thing is that he''s another player in a long line of quality players to come from Crewe. He''s not the full answer in keeping us up as we still need 1 or 2 additions but this goes a long way. Even if we go down no one can know fault the club for at least spending the money when it counts.

I''m now feeling a lot more optimistic and confident not only about this season but for the next few years as well, let''s just hope the deal can signed and sealed by the end of today