Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Tamas

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Can whoever said that mark Halsey is only refereeing the game because the FA see him as a charity case please hang there head in shame.

Despite today I still greatly admire a man who battled courageously against cancer and then came back to the top of his profession.

I know we are all angry about his performance today but if he wasn''t up to the job he wouldn''t be Reffing at this level. Pure and simple really. He most certainly not a ''charity case'' and I can only presume whoever made this comment has never lost a family member through the very disease you seem to be making a mockery of!!![/quote]

Doesnt make any difference.

He couldnt keep up with play, therefore isnt fit to be a referee

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Can whoever said that mark Halsey is only refereeing the game because the FA see him as a charity case please hang there head in shame.

Despite today I still greatly admire a man who battled courageously against cancer and then came back to the top of his profession.

I know we are all angry about his performance today but if he wasn''t up to the job he wouldn''t be Reffing at this level. Pure and simple really. He most certainly not a ''charity case'' and I can only presume whoever made this comment has never lost a family member through the very disease you seem to be making a mockery of!!![/quote]It wasn''t me that called him a charity case and I admire him for coming through cancer, as you know I''ve come through it myself, he wasn''t fit enough to keep up with play yesterday which means he isn''t up to the job.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Can whoever said that mark Halsey is only refereeing the game because the FA see him as a charity case please hang there head in shame.

I know we are all angry about his performance today but if he wasn''t up to the job he wouldn''t be Reffing at this level. Pure and simple really. He most certainly not a ''charity case'' and I can only presume whoever made this comment has never lost a family member through the very disease you seem to be making a mockery of!!![/quote]It wasn''t me that called him a charity case and I admire him for coming through cancer, as you know I''ve come through it myself, he wasn''t fit enough to keep up with play yesterday which means he isn''t up to the job. [/quote]

Agree with this. He missed several things over in the snakepit corner yesterday because all he did was run in a straight line up and down the centre of the pitch thus meaning (i) he was often not close enough to the play and (ii) on a couple of occasions he got in the way of play.

From a personal perspective i''m very glad he has overcome the cancer and hats off to him to getting himself back to a level of fitness where he can referee again at any level so quickly. However, yesterday (for whatever reason - may be down to his past illness may simply be and age or lifestyle thing) he did not appear to me to have the requisite level of fitness to keep up with a premier league game.