Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Tamas

The boy should get a f''ing big ban for that. Replay''s clearly show he had a look at Vaughan before he went and whacked him. Should have been a penalty and a red card. Gutted. The refs were better in the Championship [:(]

disgusting, hope he gets banned, I was amazed that we didn''t get a penalty. I''m angry. What a dirty scumbag.

Im proper furious.....might be the best league but the first four games have shown its also got the biggest cheating tw4ts and worst refs.

I''m at a loss, and while we dont help ourselves at times what we got to do to win a game.

Just seen it on Sky+ and i don''t think i''ve ever seen a more disgusting act of foul play from an opposition player in my time supporting City with the exception of Musc**t. The only accidental bit was that he didn''t do it harder. Deserves at least a 6 game ban if that. W**nker.

Anyone know if there''s any "history" between these two? He certainly had a glance to make sure Vaughn was there. Will make the fixture at the Hawthorns interesting for sure

and 2 make us all a lot more angry........woy hodgson has just been on ssn saying he''s seen it again on the tv and it definitely wasnt deliberate!! i''m all 4 managers sticking up 4 them players but thats just widiculous

[quote user="1eed5canary"]Anyone know if there''s any "history" between these two? He certainly had a glance to make sure Vaughn was there. Will make the fixture at the Hawthorns interesting for sure[/quote]No history I know between them two, but I have read from West Brom fans that he is known as a bit of a nutter and will do stuff like that. Most of them also want him to get a ban as they feel it will give their 3rd choice CB Dawson (who they rate better than Tamas) a chance to play!

why do managers pretend things like that are fine? there is no place for that sort of thing in football, I hope he gets a retrospective punishment for it. Otherwise, what goes around comes around and I hope he gets his teeth knocked out face.

I really dont care whether he gets banned or not, it wont help us now either way, if anything it would just be an admission from the FA that it should have been a penalty.

If he were to get a 3 match ban, all it would mean is that 3 other sides get the benefit of playing against WBA without one of their 1st choice centre halves...........whilst we get nothing!

Now if we were to all go back to Carrow Road tomorrow morning to take our penalty that we were denied.....that would be justice!!!!!!

If a fan had done that to another fan today taking into account the seriousness of the injuries it would be likely that there would be a custodial sentence. Should the FA turn a blind eye ( no pun intended ) then I really hope Vaughan / NCFC or a fan make a complaint to the police and ask them to investigate. Tamas is clearly nothing but a thug and Hodgson standing by him at best brings the game into disrepute.

I dont twitter but apparently ( according to Robbie Savage ) Vaughan has not been complimentary and has openly thanked him for the serious injury. Unfortunately you can already see the story - no action is taken by FA / Police one of our players extracts revenge at WBA. The revenge results in a red card and a penalty. 

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Tamas elbowed Vaughan deliberately.  Did anybody else see the indident not long before this? Where Vaughan clattered into Tamas (no intent just trying to get on a cross I think) he was on the deck for a couple of miniutes.  So definately retaliation on Tamas''s part he turned to check where Vaughan was before he swung his elbow. Should have been a straight red card & a penalty kick. For Hodgson to defend Tamas in the post match interview is a joke who is he trying to kid.  I hope the powers that be reviews this incident because Tamas should be banned in my opinion and the ref & his useless lino should be dropped to the Conference for missing it!!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Didn''t look particularly deliberate from the view they showed on MOTD, but still pretty violent, and was probably on purpose.[/quote]HELP!!!

From what I have read about him, and what I have seen from the replays, I am pretty certain it was deliberate. He has been banned from international football (For Romania) for life for late-night drinking and breaking the team''s curfew. He is just meant to be a nasty piece of work.

This in my opinion is tantamount to ABH rather than Common Assault, this is not only red card offence but the player checks where Vaughan is. and swings the elbow back.

How can Match of the Day absolve the referee for missing it, it was right in front of the posts and its his job to keep up with play. He clearly can''t keep with play as showed all match and so shouldn''t be doing a big match as a charity case. I thought their penalty was an absolute joke as well.

Firstly I thought it wasn''t deliberate but in the replay it was clear that he knew exactly where Vaughn was and he was very sly in making it look unintentional.

Time after time we are being outfoxed at this level through gamesmanship (West Brom won today by using these tactics a number of times) and we need to wise up and employ similar tactics if we want to survive here- although this particular incident has no place in the game and there should be a retrospective ban just to send that very message. However, it may be very difficult to prove that there was any intent.

I am really starting to feel very cynical about this league and the obvious effect of all these ridiculous amounts of money (and quite obviously, as a by-product, corruption) being poured into it. Wish we were still in the champ.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Didn''t look particularly deliberate from the view they showed on MOTD, but still pretty violent, and was probably on purpose.[/quote]HELP!!![/quote]

I''m saying it didn''t look deliberate, thats my opinion. But the contact was probably on purpose, i don''t think it was, but it probably was....Surely you can understand that? Its what i think, and what probably was the case...

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Didn''t look particularly deliberate from the view they showed on MOTD, but still pretty violent, and was probably on purpose.[/quote]HELP!!![/quote]

I''m saying it didn''t look deliberate, thats my opinion. But the contact was probably on purpose, i don''t think it was, but it probably was....Surely you can understand that? Its what i think, and what probably was the case...[/quote]No, I''m sorry, you''ve completely lost me:de·lib·er·ate  (d-lbr-t)adj.1. Done with or marked by full consciousness of the nature and effects; intentional:pur·pose  (pûrps)
n.
1. The object toward which one strives or for which something exists; an aim or a goal: "And ever those, who would enjoyment gain/Must find it in the purpose they pursue" (Sarah Josepha Hale).
2. A result or effect that is intended or desired; an intention. See Synonyms at intention.
3. Determination; resolution: He was a man of purpose.
4. The matter at hand; the point at issue.
tr.v. pur·posed, pur·pos·ing, pur·pos·es
To intend or resolve to perform or accomplish.
Idioms:
on purpose
Intentionally; deliberately.

he glanced to his left before rising and swinging his elbow, no doubt in my mind he knew what he was doing. The beauty of HD tv!

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Didn''t look particularly deliberate from the view they showed on MOTD, but still pretty violent, and was probably on purpose.[/quote]HELP!!![/quote]

I''m saying it didn''t look deliberate, thats my opinion. But the contact was probably on purpose, i don''t think it was, but it probably was....Surely you can understand that? Its what i think, and what probably was the case...[/quote]No, I''m sorry, you''ve completely lost me:de·lib·er·ate  (d-lbr-t)adj.1. Done with or marked by full consciousness of the nature and effects; intentional:pur·pose  (pûrps)
n.
1. The object toward which one strives or for which something exists; an aim or a goal: "And ever those, who would enjoyment gain/Must find it in the purpose they pursue" (Sarah Josepha Hale).
2. A result or effect that is intended or desired; an intention. See Synonyms at intention.
3. Determination; resolution: He was a man of purpose.
4. The matter at hand; the point at issue.
tr.v. pur·posed, pur·pos·ing, pur·pos·es
To intend or resolve to perform or accomplish.
Idioms:
on purpose
Intentionally; deliberately.
[/quote]I think what he''s trying to say is, to him it didn''t look intentional, but even though it didn''t look like it, Tamas probably knew what he was doing.

...and in my opinion it was definitely deliberate, he blatantly looks at Vaughan before he does it, it was revenge for an earlier incident and he seems like a bit of a nob anyway.

He and Olsson (and today Reid) are all cynical crafty defenders. Not pretty at all and the longer they get away with it the bigger mockery they make of the officiating in this league.

Can whoever said that mark Halsey is only refereeing the game because the FA see him as a charity case please hang there head in shame.

Despite today I still greatly admire a man who battled courageously against cancer and then came back to the top of his profession.

I know we are all angry about his performance today but if he wasn''t up to the job he wouldn''t be Reffing at this level. Pure and simple really. He most certainly not a ''charity case'' and I can only presume whoever made this comment has never lost a family member through the very disease you seem to be making a mockery of!!!