Sign in to follow this  
paul searle

if we smashed the 2 million how much is he costing in wages?????????

not one to be  down beat but how much is he going to want

in wages if we have paid over 2 mill how are we going to keep him happy

i would pay he what he wants to give us a fighting chance to stay up and can he play tommorrow??????????

I believe part of the fee at least is conditional (presumably on us staying up). It makes sense that the wages would also be conditional, especially considering what NW has said about sane wage structures.

I think coming from the Championship and only being 21 years old, his wages will be in-line with our pay structure.  So we shouldn''t worry on that front.

As for playing tomorrow - it depends if / when he signs, if they get pen to paper today they need to register him at the FA by I think 12 noon (uh oh!!) or is it 12 midnight?  If they do that he can play tomorrow.

Fingers crossed

I would have thought we could happily offer him much more than he''s on now.Also people: don''t get hung up on the transfer thing. It could easily be, say, £1m, plus another £1m in the summer, plus appearance money, plus staying up money, et. etc. Don''t forget, whether we stay up or go down in the summer we''ll have a bit more money to spend then, so its not such a big gamble, but it is a big commitment.

I am pretty sure the full fee is dependent on how he performs, us surviving in prem, number of goals, england appearances etc etc etc.I hear that Ashton wants first team football and that is where we score over the likes of Spurs, sitting alongside Defoe, Keane and Kanoute looks much harder than alongside Jarvis, Leon and Sven...One clause I understand that Ashton wants is the option to leave if we get relegated, and we will agree to that as long as we get the transfer fee back. OTBC

He is 21 - born Nov 1983 (just as I was starting 6th form) and has 49 goals in 117 appearances - 2 goals every 5 matches - which if he continues for us this season could mean 6 goals.

OTBC