Sign in to follow this  
Sim086

Ritchie de Laet and Barnett

I feel he has been are worst defender by far. I know will get some flak but hear me out.

Yes the guy obviously has some quailty, you dont get signed my man united for no reason.

but for all of his quailty he has made a mistake 3/4 games that has cost us a goal.

yesterday was another poor poor bit of defending which lead to the only goal fo the game again, same against wigan, chelsea game was over yes but goal difference could become very important.

I can also see why Barnett was sold by WBA his pace and his presence in the air are good, however his postional play concerns me a lot, as such his distribution is poor.

I dont feel we will have a problem scoring at this level, however keeping the goals out will be, the problem is, who could you replace these guys with,

Ritchie de Laet needs to sort himself out or he can go back to united as we cant keep conceding this amount of sloppy goals.

thoughts?

He needs to learn quickly of be dropped. Excellent for 90% of games but loses concentration often at the start of games [ Wigan and WBA] and is punished. Barnett steady and to be honest we have no options anyway

[quote user="North Yorkshire Canary"]De Laet is our Titus Bramble! Excellent until inevitable 2 mins of madness.[/quote]Oof, harsh comparison![:D]

I rewatched the WBA game today (thanks to the local sports channel) and spotted several poor clearances by de Laet. None of these cost us, as WBA failed to exploit these errors, but they all went into danger zones -- p.e. from the baseline into the box -- to no-one in particular. Now that is not good enough at any level.

De Laet seems to make a big mistake each game we play. It''s becoming something you expect from him now.

Needs to get his act together. Not looking like a Ferguson/Man Utd taught defender.

Totally agree with the comments about De Laet. I for one feel he needs to get back to the basics of defending. He tries to be far too clever rather than just getting the ball away from the danger zone! I just feel when he''s in we''re going to concede! At full back i think we look pretty solid, been pleasantly surprised by the way Tierney has adapted, and Naughton is ust quality. It is the centre that worries me. Come back Elliott Ward!!!!!!