Sign in to follow this  
LeJuge

Feeling a little more positive today.....

It was an important game, but it was only one game. In the past Lambert has generally managed to get his team to respond well to dissapointment, and he will probably realise that we need to be playing Hoolahan. I''m hoping that he realises that we need some pace up front too. To be honest losing the West Brom game might be a positive, because the next two games are winnable. It would have done no good for us to lose against West Brom if we had trips to Old Trafford and Anfield immediately after, but we are playing two teams who we have the ability to match in my opinion.We have Ruddy back, and whilst Rudd did a fine job after a shaky start, the defence will be more settled in front of Ruddy. I''ve also been thinking about the hard games that we have coming up, after a relatively easy start (we can''t accuse the FA of rigging fixture lists, they have hardly given us a difficult start!). There might actually be some positives in playing most of our games against bigger teams further into the season, once the season gets in full swing the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, etc, are going to become distracted and hopefully a little tired by the Champions League. I can remember when we beat Man Utd, they had had a lot of tough games in Europe. I''d rather us play Man Utd on a Saturday with a week of rest whilst they had played a tough Champions League group match on the Wednesday night, for example. I''ll be honest, if we don''t get at least 2 points from our next 2 games then I''ll be straight back to negativity, but we couldn''t have wished for two better games.... especially if we win one and face a Swansea with no wins. There are going to be so many twists and turns this year for us, ups and downs, highs and lows. Yesterday was a low, and we could all do with a high, but at some stage - hopefully in the not too distant future - we are going to be surprise ourselves and that could be the catalyst. A lot of ''ifs'' and ''buts'', but I''ve decided to ban myself from spreading negativity until we are 10 games in. Unless we lose our next two games, in which case I can''t make any promises, neither can any of you I suspect.

To be honest i think if we put out the same team then we will get the same result. There is not much we can do about central defence at the moment so we are stuffed but we need to make room for Wes and a more pacey striker so either Holt or Martin would have to go and on proven form it would be Martin to make way for me

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]To be honest i think if we put out the same team then we will get the same result. There is not much we can do about central defence at the moment so we are stuffed but we need to make room for Wes and a more pacey striker so either Holt or Martin would have to go and on proven form it would be Martin to make way for me[/quote]On current form I would lose Holt, but on the basis of the way that Hoolahan and Holt play together, I want to see Hoolahan and Holt on the pitch at the same time. I would give Simeon Jackson a go, he scored on the International break, and needs to get a chance in order to take that chance with both hands. Hoolahan is what makes us tick, and he makes Holt tick, he has to play - no doubt. I agree with you about the same team thing, but that''s my positive. I believe that Lambert would have reflected on that performance, and the impact that Hoolahan had on the flow of the game when he came on, and realised what we are all thinking. That is my positive!

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]To be honest i think if we put out the same team then we will get the same result. There is not much we can do about central defence at the moment so we are stuffed but we need to make room for Wes and a more pacey striker so either Holt or Martin would have to go and on proven form it would be Martin to make way for me[/quote]On current form I would lose Holt, but on the basis of the way that Hoolahan and Holt play together, I want to see Hoolahan and Holt on the pitch at the same time. I would give Simeon Jackson a go, he scored on the International break, and needs to get a chance in order to take that chance with both hands. Hoolahan is what makes us tick, and he makes Holt tick, he has to play - no doubt. I agree with you about the same team thing, but that''s my positive. I believe that Lambert would have reflected on that performance, and the impact that Hoolahan had on the flow of the game when he came on, and realised what we are all thinking. That is my positive!

I do think there are positives, but they may also be seen as pretty harsh.

Surman should be dropped for the next game. I am a big fan of flair players but he was very lightweight yesterday. Showed no flair, showed why Lansbury was put ahead of him a few times last season. Hoolahan for sure is in place of surman.

Vaughan should start, Lambert should fire him up saying to use that anger from the end of the game and use it to have a headline grabbing performance against Bolton. Chris Martin on the bench.

That game and the other 3 games have all had mistakes, as I have said before these have to be ironed out and in the prem. you don''t have time for it to take any time. Hence a great week in training, where all the disappointments of the first four games are channel''d into positive energy for this game to prove a point.

I am still expecting us to be in a battle for 17th, but there is no time to waste. We need to want this game more than Bolton and a first away win in the prem for years.

I think still the lingering disappointment is the way that stoke nicked two points from us with that last minute goal. We need to learn on how to get a lead and keep it. At the moment premiership teams are thinking Norwich will have possession and play nice football. They however have no genuine threat and if we put pressure on them at the back we will score.

Two huge games coming up, we need 4 points. I am just not so sure we will see 4 points from the showings so far this season.

I beleive we would have six points by now with a win over wigan and a win over wba, we now need to pick up points from tougher oppositions.

God I want Saturday to get here quick and I am sure the players do. We need to use the anger of injustices from refs, injustices from elbows to really spark our first 11 in this game.

Because if we continue at this rate we will be looking desperate and then achieving a win will be seens a big feat by some fans. It is not, that is a desperate view. We need a run of points and only could you really celebrate if we do get 17th place at the end of the season. Every result along the way is to achieve that status.

I am also feeling a bit more positive and its helped by the fact I just watched the game again on sky plus and we looked a lot better than I thought we might. The difference was the cutting edge (or more accurately the perceived threat) Odemwegie gave them in attack but actually we knocked it around quite nicely, played with good intensity and created quite a lot of good situations. We actually had quite a few reasonable chances but failed to work the keeper when we really should have done. Had we not snatched at our chances then Foster would have been quite busy.

Its not like we are being completely outplayed in any of these games. The ball is just not falling for us and we need to get a bit sharper up front and learn quickly. Even during that game, however, it was evident that the defence were learning as they adjusted after half time, played a bit deeper and their front two looked less of a threat.

In summary, therefore, it was a disappointing day and we definitely need to sharpen up a bit but we have been competitive in every game and with Wes in the team and a bit more pace up front I still think we have a chance of staying out of the bottom three come the end of the season.

[quote user="smooth"]I do think there are positives, but they may also be seen as pretty harsh.

Surman should be dropped for the next game. I am a big fan of flair players but he was very lightweight yesterday. Showed no flair, showed why Lansbury was put ahead of him a few times last season. Hoolahan for sure is in place of surman.

Vaughan should start, Lambert should fire him up saying to use that anger from the end of the game and use it to have a headline grabbing performance against Bolton. Chris Martin on the bench.

That game and the other 3 games have all had mistakes, as I have said before these have to be ironed out and in the prem. you don''t have time for it to take any time. Hence a great week in training, where all the disappointments of the first four games are channel''d into positive energy for this game to prove a point.

I am still expecting us to be in a battle for 17th, but there is no time to waste. We need to want this game more than Bolton and a first away win in the prem for years.

I think still the lingering disappointment is the way that stoke nicked two points from us with that last minute goal. We need to learn on how to get a lead and keep it. At the moment premiership teams are thinking Norwich will have possession and play nice football. They however have no genuine threat and if we put pressure on them at the back we will score.

Two huge games coming up, we need 4 points. I am just not so sure we will see 4 points from the showings so far this season.

I beleive we would have six points by now with a win over wigan and a win over wba, we now need to pick up points from tougher oppositions.

God I want Saturday to get here quick and I am sure the players do. We need to use the anger of injustices from refs, injustices from elbows to really spark our first 11 in this game.

Because if we continue at this rate we will be looking desperate and then achieving a win will be seens a big feat by some fans. It is not, that is a desperate view. We need a run of points and only could you really celebrate if we do get 17th place at the end of the season. Every result along the way is to achieve that status.[/quote]Agree with nearly all of that, but not sure if Vaughan will be able to play? He had to see a plastic surgeon and the doctors might not be happy about him potentially getting another whack so soon after surgery? Not worth scarring yourself for life for 90 minutes of football. If Vaughan is fit, I wouldn''t be able to choose between Jackson and Vaughan. I think they both deserve their chance. I think it would be harsh on Chris Martin because he has done well, but we are desperate for some pace up front.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I am also feeling a bit more positive and its helped by the fact I just watched the game again on sky plus and we looked a lot better than I thought we might. The difference was the cutting edge (or more accurately the perceived threat) Odemwegie gave them in attack but actually we knocked it around quite nicely, played with good intensity and created quite a lot of good situations. We actually had quite a few reasonable chances but failed to work the keeper when we really should have done. Had we not snatched at our chances then Foster would have been quite busy.

Its not like we are being completely outplayed in any of these games. The ball is just not falling for us and we need to get a bit sharper up front and learn quickly. Even during that game, however, it was evident that the defence were learning as they adjusted after half time, played a bit deeper and their front two looked less of a threat.

In summary, therefore, it was a disappointing day and we definitely need to sharpen up a bit but we have been competitive in every game and with Wes in the team and a bit more pace up front I still think we have a chance of staying out of the bottom three come the end of the season.[/quote]Wish I had Sky Plus, keep meaning to but never get round to it, probably would have done by now if I had known that MOTD wasn''t on iPlayer! As for the chances, I think Chris Martin looks like he just needs a goal, but do we have the time to wait for him to get that goal? I think he is going to have to score that goal off of the bench, because I think he has had 3 or 4 chances this year that were crying out for Simeon Jackson on the end of the them. We all know that Martin can finish, but his game is just lacking that cutting edge, he has done everything else perfectly.

I think its far too early to be negative!

We have plenty of striking options to choose from - and we have scored in every game (except yesterday) but I do agree/feel that we need a little extra pace up front. We have played some really good football and I feel a win is in the pipeline very soon. Altho many of the decisions have been against us and have been frustrating we will get our fair share of luck (eventually) but I dont feel we will have to rely on ''luck'' to keep us in this league. The players ARE good enough to compete but nearly every player is new to this league, and while we need to learn quickly, we are only 4 games in.

Lets keep our heads up! OTBC!