Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

How many points did you think we would have 4 games in?

[quote user="Dan Druff"]5 for me too. Wigan 3 points, Stoke 1 point, Chelsea 0 points and WBA 1 point.[/quote]

I think its quite safe to say that we would all of expected 5 points on the board by now, but we all forgot the idiot in the middle, We can take heart in the fact that no team out played us, no team made us look stupid, each and everyone of them including Chelsea had help from the ref to seal the win or draw, So I think its a case of us having to learn how to cheat as well as the others.

I would have taken 3 points / a win. Fairly modest.... but we didn''t manage it. We can always sign Ashton in January for a bit of class finishing, should get us a few wins.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Dan Druff"]5 for me too. Wigan 3 points, Stoke 1 point, Chelsea 0 points and WBA 1 point.[/quote]

I think its quite safe to say that we would all of expected 5 points on the board by now, but we all forgot the idiot in the middle, We can take heart in the fact that no team out played us, no team made us look stupid, each and everyone of them including Chelsea had help from the ref to seal the win or draw, So I think its a case of us having to learn how to cheat as well as the others.

[/quote]Personally I thought that Wigan, Chelsea, and West Brom, created far more chances on goal and looked a bigger threat going forward. I haven''t seen a game yet in which I have been left feeling like we dominated the game and were fully deserving of three points. Maybe the Stoke game would have been different with 11 men on the field, but I can''t say that I disagreed with the red card. Being realistic, I think we have only been truly cheated out of 1 clear cut point, and that was the Tamas elbow. We would still have had to score the penalty though, and with us having saved two penalties ourselves this year, we can assume that there would have been a pretty good chance of not converting considering the pressure on needing to equalise at the end of a game. If Walters had scored his penalty, then we would have been cheated out of more, but he didn''t..... and Barnett was the last man even if it was outside of the area, so it was what it was, a good performance by 10 men who hung on for a valuable point.

Looking back to early August I probably would have gone for 4 from 4 games - a win and a draw at home, and losing the 2 away. So, yes, 2 is a bit disappointing.A long way to go still, things will get better.

I think I was hoping for four.

The only silver lining I can draw is that hopefully everyone now knows how tough this horrible league is. All those sunny predictions of top half can go out of the window. This is going to be a long slog at best. 17th would be an amazing achievement, superior to anything PL has achieved in the last two years. We need to stay strong and get behind them. They''re going to need us.

I had hoped to have the same as Blackpool at this point last year, 7, and they had scored 8 goals. But they did have Charlie Adam... damn.. and they went down

You knew the refs would be giving Wigan a penalty, and us a red card against stoke that lost us 2 points in each of those games? And then wouldn''t see the blatant penalty we should have had against WBA?

I think despite being a step up, we should have all been expecting to beat one of Wigan, Stoke or WBA, and hoping for a second win. I personally expected 7 points....

We should really have 7:Wigan - Win - if it hadn''t been for the dodgey pen?Stoke - Win - if it hadn''t been the dodgey sending off?Chelsea - Draw - If it hadn''t been for the dodgey sending off?WBA - Draw - if it had have been for the ''elbow'' pen, possibly a win when X (can''t remember who) was dragged to the floor in the area?Unfortunately, what''s happened has happened, its in the past, lets try and get 12 from our next 4 :D

Between 4 and 6.

I truely believe as a promoted team you need to come into the first few games firing on all cylinders because after 4-5 games people begin to work you out.

I actually thought we woudl beat Wigan away, I thought we would catch them cold, instead they were very good. I also thought we woudl beat West Brom, as it is a great team to judge ourselves on, as none of there players are much better on paper than our starting line up.

I also thought we have a chance to pick up points in our next two games, but now I feel we NEED to pick up points 3 or 4 points to me is a must.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Wigan - WStoke - DChelsea - LWBA - D5 points was my optimistic expectation.[/quote]Mine was similar to yours, only I thought we would draw at Wigan and win against West Brom... so mine was....Wigan - DStoke - DChelsea - LWBA - W So yesterday for me was the day the season went off track, but on reflection it did make me realise that I shouldn''t have been so negative and panicky on here..... we are only really one result away from my expectations, and I shouldn''t have doubted Hodgson. Still a poor result, I really didn''t expect defeat, but the other three games have met my expectations and I thought we were brilliant against Stoke.