Sign in to follow this  
i need to be entertained

mark halsey

So mark halsey(didnt give cap letters he does not deserve the respect) has said sorry he did not see the elbow incident. WOW thanks what good does that do us,Tamas will be banned for 2-3 matches against who? not us. Does this give us a penalty with a minute to go and level the game. I think not.

If halsey did not see the elbow why did he think that

James Vaughan was lying on the floor and then left the pitch without permission. Halsey must have thought that it was a dive(booking) then going off the pitch(booking). Still I suppose we were lucky James did not get sent off.

So the ref was on our side in the end, great, I hope he is not seen walking down Carrow Road again

Looks as if the ref is the easiest thing to blame the result on. YES the ref got the penalty decision wrong, possibly because he was informed he got the West brom penalty completely WRONG.But you can not blame everything on the ref. Norwich had 87+ minutes to get back into the game. They had many chances at goal Morison heading wide, a proper premiership striker would have headed that home no problem, bennent over the crossbar first half, premiership goalscorer would have had no problem scoring that, the free kicks on the edge of the box didn''t threaten the upright or the goalkeeper. All the strikers were brought on to do what they are paid for and they didn''t do it, so no matter what the ref did or didn''t do Norwich had plenty of chances to get a point or more.Even if the pen was given, how can that be a guaranteed goal? with the save that Rudd produced it could have just been saved by Foster the same and with Holt and Vaughan of the field at the time of the pen who would have taken the pen? certainly not Hoolahan

I''ve always thought of Mark Halsey as one of the better refs. Yes, Sunday''s game was not one of his best, but at leased he''s come out and explained that he didn''t see the Tomas incident and if he had it would have been a pen & sending off.For the record I didn''t see it (when it was live) either !

[quote user="swindoncanary"]I''ve always thought of Mark Halsey as one of the better refs. Yes, Sunday''s game was not one of his best, but at leased he''s come out and explained that he didn''t see the Tomas incident and if he had it would have been a pen & sending off.
For the record I didn''t see it (when it was live) either !
[/quote]

well looking at the picture here (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3809958/Gabriel-Tamas-hit-with-FA-charge-for-elbow-on-James-Vaughan.html) I can certainly see how he missed it (not!)

Nobody has mentioned the other four big incindents that went against us. Holt & Martin both pulled back in the area in the first half, the terrible challenge on Johnson and the other awful challenge (can''t remember who onb) that only got a booking. We are suffering from new boys syndrome I am afraid.

[quote user="alartz"]Looks as if the ref is the easiest thing to blame the result on. YES the ref got the penalty decision wrong, possibly because he was informed he got the West brom penalty completely WRONG.But you can not blame everything on the ref. Norwich had 87+ minutes to get back into the game. They had many chances at goal Morison heading wide, a proper premiership striker would have headed that home no problem, bennent over the crossbar first half, premiership goalscorer would have had no problem scoring that, the free kicks on the edge of the box didn''t threaten the upright or the goalkeeper. All the strikers were brought on to do what they are paid for and they didn''t do it, so no matter what the ref did or didn''t do Norwich had plenty of chances to get a point or more.Even if the pen was given, how can that be a guaranteed goal? with the save that Rudd produced it could have just been saved by Foster the same and with Holt and Vaughan of the field at the time of the pen who would have taken the pen? certainly not Hoolahan [/quote]Why certainly not Hoolahan? He would have been the most experienced pen taker on the pitch, just because hes missed  a couple in the last year means it would be someone thats never taken one competitively?

[quote user="Jem"]

[quote user="swindoncanary"]I''ve always thought of Mark Halsey as one of the better refs. Yes, Sunday''s game was not one of his best, but at leased he''s come out and explained that he didn''t see the Tomas incident and if he had it would have been a pen & sending off.For the record I didn''t see it (when it was live) either ! [/quote]

well looking at the picture here (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3809958/Gabriel-Tamas-hit-with-FA-charge-for-elbow-on-James-Vaughan.html) I can certainly see how he missed it (not!)

Nobody has mentioned the other four big incindents that went against us. Holt & Martin both pulled back in the area in the first half, the terrible challenge on Johnson and the other awful challenge (can''t remember who onb) that only got a booking. We are suffering from new boys syndrome I am afraid.

[/quote]There was one on De Laet just in front of me that looked like it couldve broken his ankle. Could see Halsey saying ''play on hes got the ball'', so it obviously doesnt matter if the tackle is dangerous and over the top.Not sure its new boys syndrome as Kenny Dalglish is thinking of making an official complaint of how Liverpool have been treated so far this season. Its just poor refereeing across the whole league

Everybody on here was talking about how good Mark Halsey is as a ref before the game? Or was that another game? If they were, then we can just put it down to an off day, they happen. We won''t be the only team feeling hard done by when it comes to refs this year, sometimes you get the luck and sometimes you don''t. I think it is a dangerous game to play to start to believe that you are being persecuted, it is a form of negativity and for players it can really get to them. I think we should all remember the luck that we got in League One, and to a certain degree the Championship. In League One we lost a lot of friends who thought that refs were bias towards us, and Holt has gone down easily a lot over the past two years and is paying the price a little for that now I suspect. Things might even themselves out, we tend to remember the things that go against us and forget the things that go our way.

[quote user="alartz"]Looks as if the ref is the easiest thing to blame the result on. YES the ref got the penalty decision wrong, possibly because he was informed he got the West brom penalty completely WRONG.But you can not blame everything on the ref. Norwich had 87+ minutes to get back into the game. They had many chances at goal Morison heading wide, a proper premiership striker would have headed that home no problem, bennent over the crossbar first half, premiership goalscorer would have had no problem scoring that, the free kicks on the edge of the box didn''t threaten the upright or the goalkeeper. All the strikers were brought on to do what they are paid for and they didn''t do it, so no matter what the ref did or didn''t do Norwich had plenty of chances to get a point or more.Even if the pen was given, how can that be a guaranteed goal? with the save that Rudd produced it could have just been saved by Foster the same and with Holt and Vaughan of the field at the time of the pen who would have taken the pen? certainly not Hoolahan [/quote]

to be fair to Bennett his attempt was on his weak foot and was at a horrible height, and Holt was not on the pitch when Vaughan was fouled it was Morison

[quote user="alartz"]Looks as if the ref is the easiest thing to blame the result on. YES the ref got the penalty decision wrong, possibly because he was informed he got the West brom penalty completely WRONG.But you can not blame everything on the ref. Norwich had 87+ minutes to get back into the game. They had many chances at goal Morison heading wide, a proper premiership striker would have headed that home no problem, bennent over the crossbar first half, premiership goalscorer would have had no problem scoring that, the free kicks on the edge of the box didn''t threaten the upright or the goalkeeper. All the strikers were brought on to do what they are paid for and they didn''t do it, so no matter what the ref did or didn''t do Norwich had plenty of chances to get a point or more.Even if the pen was given, how can that be a guaranteed goal? with the save that Rudd produced it could have just been saved by Foster the same and with Holt and Vaughan of the field at the time of the pen who would have taken the pen? certainly not Hoolahan [/quote]

to be fair to Bennett his attempt was on his weak foot and was at a horrible height, and Holt was not on the pitch when Vaughan was fouled it was Morison

[quote user="LeJuge"]Everybody on here was talking about how good Mark Halsey is as a ref before the game? Or was that another game? If they were, then we can just put it down to an off day, they happen. We won''t be the only team feeling hard done by when it comes to refs this year, sometimes you get the luck and sometimes you don''t. I think it is a dangerous game to play to start to believe that you are being persecuted, it is a form of negativity and for players it can really get to them. I think we should all remember the luck that we got in League One, and to a certain degree the Championship. In League One we lost a lot of friends who thought that refs were bias towards us, and Holt has gone down easily a lot over the past two years and is paying the price a little for that now I suspect. Things might even themselves out, we tend to remember the things that go against us and forget the things that go our way. [/quote]Yes hes human and he''ll make mistakes and he will miss things - but all 3 of his fellow officials missing it as well? What is the point of the 4th official - to simply stand by the dugout taking abuse from both benches and occasionally hold the board up for a sub or indicating how long the ref has decided to play on for?Yes im feeling hard done by but simply because its the 4th game in and in each game we''ve had a decision go wrongly against us. I dont believe we''re being persecuted at all and its not getting to the players so far as every game we''ve played well and created chances and been unlucky - if we''d been rubbish it wouldve been easier to take - but we deserved for Halsey to see the incident, it was blatant and we were playing well and fighting to get back into the game from a goal we gave them.When were refs biased towards us in League 1? Im obviously just remembering the decisions that went against us but there were plenty of them so it doesnt strike me as being that biased towards us.Anyway lets just hope that point and the other 5 potential dropped points arent important at the end of the season then.

[quote user="Persnickety"][quote user="LeJuge"]Everybody on here was talking about how good Mark Halsey is as a ref before the game? Or was that another game? If they were, then we can just put it down to an off day, they happen. We won''t be the only team feeling hard done by when it comes to refs this year, sometimes you get the luck and sometimes you don''t. I think it is a dangerous game to play to start to believe that you are being persecuted, it is a form of negativity and for players it can really get to them. I think we should all remember the luck that we got in League One, and to a certain degree the Championship. In League One we lost a lot of friends who thought that refs were bias towards us, and Holt has gone down easily a lot over the past two years and is paying the price a little for that now I suspect. Things might even themselves out, we tend to remember the things that go against us and forget the things that go our way. [/quote]Yes im feeling hard done by but simply because its the 4th game in and in each game we''ve had a decision go wrongly against us. [/quote]That''s your opinion, I don''t think that all 4 were incorrect decisions. The Ruddy sending off was clear cut to me. The Barnett one was either a penalty and a yellow or a free kick and a red. Yes it should have been a free kick, but he missed the penalty. If he had given a free kick and sent him off, which would probably have been the right decision, we still would have played with 10 men. I think the penalty save actually gave the players a buzz and was the reason we played so well with 10 men, so you could say that a free kick and red card could have had worse consequences, Stoke heads went down for a while after that. The De Laet one was harsh, yes, but we see them given every other week. He did touch him, and it was in the area. Not touching any opposition player in the penalty area is probably the best policy, De Laet is prone to rash decisions, we have all seen that. It was 60/40, with the ref siding with the 40, but if you don''t touch them that 40 doesn''t exist.  For me, the most damaging and clear cut mistake, and the only one worth complaining about formally, was the Vaughan elbow yesterday which should have given us a penalty. I personally blame refereeing decisions for the loss of 1 point, and that was yesterday. It was gutting and truly lost us the point.

We need technology so that the ref has an opportunity to check these decisions. Almost every other professional sport uses technology for important events so why not football. It wouldn''t slow down the game as you always get a few minutes of players complaining about penalties given. It''d be easy enough to implement, if the ref sees a possible foul with no advantage to the attacking team in the box, blow the whistle and then go to either the 4th official or give the ref a TV at the side of the pitch to check.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Persnickety"][quote user="LeJuge"]Everybody on here was talking about how good Mark Halsey is as a ref before the game? Or was that another game? If they were, then we can just put it down to an off day, they happen. We won''t be the only team feeling hard done by when it comes to refs this year, sometimes you get the luck and sometimes you don''t. I think it is a dangerous game to play to start to believe that you are being persecuted, it is a form of negativity and for players it can really get to them. I think we should all remember the luck that we got in League One, and to a certain degree the Championship. In League One we lost a lot of friends who thought that refs were bias towards us, and Holt has gone down easily a lot over the past two years and is paying the price a little for that now I suspect. Things might even themselves out, we tend to remember the things that go against us and forget the things that go our way. [/quote]Yes im feeling hard done by but simply because its the 4th game in and in each game we''ve had a decision go wrongly against us. [/quote]That''s your opinion, I don''t think that all 4 were incorrect decisions. The Ruddy sending off was clear cut to me. The Barnett one was either a penalty and a yellow or a free kick and a red. Yes it should have been a free kick, but he missed the penalty. If he had given a free kick and sent him off, which would probably have been the right decision, we still would have played with 10 men. I think the penalty save actually gave the players a buzz and was the reason we played so well with 10 men, so you could say that a free kick and red card could have had worse consequences, Stoke heads went down for a while after that. The De Laet one was harsh, yes, but we see them given every other week. He did touch him, and it was in the area. Not touching any opposition player in the penalty area is probably the best policy, De Laet is prone to rash decisions, we have all seen that. It was 60/40, with the ref siding with the 40, but if you don''t touch them that 40 doesn''t exist.  For me, the most damaging and clear cut mistake, and the only one worth complaining about formally, was the Vaughan elbow yesterday which should have given us a penalty. I personally blame refereeing decisions for the loss of 1 point, and that was yesterday. It was gutting and truly lost us the point. [/quote]As you say its opinions:v Wigan. Was a ''coming together'' as pundits say and would it have been given against a top club? Can go either way but shouldnt the defender get the benefit of the doubt? Especially as it wasnt obviously going to be a goal (i know De Laet wasnt sent off but awarding a pen for a coming together is definately harsh when more likely than not the pen will be scored and it came from a 50/50 decision from a reasonably non threatening position).v Stoke. Really dont think he would have got a red if a free kick was given instead of a pen. Refs seem to assume if they award the pen they probably were the last man so have to send the player off. When a free kick is given outside the box, unless they''re running directly through the middle at goal (which Stoke werent) its just a yellow at most.v Chelsea. Again for me both points very debatable. Yes those sort of pens are given all the time, however doesnt change the fact Ramires was falling when he made contact with Ruddy. He was looking for a touch and got one. Yes id be annoyed if we didnt get a pen in similar circumstances but still cheating. He also did the classic ''touch the ball past the keeper far enough so the ref cant miss it'' which also meant he was going away from goal and would not then be an obvious goalscoring opportunity if he''d got to the ball at all. So yes probably a pen but not a sending off.

[quote user="Mahogany"]We need technology so that the ref has an opportunity to check these decisions. Almost every other professional sport uses technology for important events so why not football. It wouldn''t slow down the game as you always get a few minutes of players complaining about penalties given. It''d be easy enough to implement, if the ref sees a possible foul with no advantage to the attacking team in the box, blow the whistle and then go to either the 4th official or give the ref a TV at the side of the pitch to check.[/quote]

Sorry, but this is just nonsense.

How can a Ref blow for a possible foul? Either he has seen it or he has not.