Sign in to follow this  
????

Leon Best

I remember we were linked with him pre season and at the time he was a realistic target. probably not so much now that he is establishing himself in the Newcastle team.

My point is that he is the exact sort of player i feel we are missing upfront now. He''s quick,strong, a good finisher has a good footballing brain,good with both feet, good with his head etc

Vaughan.....

Best has a pretty average striker rate, never been a wonderful player. But just because he''s looked good in a couple of games, he''s the exact type of player we need?

Bet if we had signed him in the summer, plenty of people would not have been all that happy...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Vaughan.....

Best has a pretty average striker rate, never been a wonderful player. But just because he''s looked good in a couple of games, he''s the exact type of player we need?

Bet if we had signed him in the summer, plenty of people would not have been all that happy...[/quote]6 goals in 10 starts and 3 sub last year / 6 goals in 13 last season. 2 goals in 1 start and 1 sub this year / 2 goals in 2 this season.That''s 8 goals in his last 15 games!

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Vaughan..... Best has a pretty average striker rate, never been a wonderful player. But just because he''s looked good in a couple of games, he''s the exact type of player we need? Bet if we had signed him in the summer, plenty of people would not have been all that happy...[/quote]

6 goals in 10 starts and 3 sub last year / 6 goals in 13 last season.

2 goals in 1 start and 1 sub this year / 2 goals in 2 this season.

That''s 8 goals in his last 15 games!
[/quote]

One was a hattrick so that aside - 5 goals in 14 starts.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Vaughan..... Best has a pretty average striker rate, never been a wonderful player. But just because he''s looked good in a couple of games, he''s the exact type of player we need? Bet if we had signed him in the summer, plenty of people would not have been all that happy...[/quote]6 goals in 10 starts and 3 sub last year / 6 goals in 13 last season. 2 goals in 1 start and 1 sub this year / 2 goals in 2 this season.That''s 8 goals in his last 15 games![/quote]

One was a hattrick so that aside - 5 goals in 14 starts.

[/quote]Not sure what your trying to say there, but he started the game against West Ham in which he scored a hat-trick! Also, it was 8 goals in 15 games, not starts, of which 11 of those games were starts and 4 were from the bench. Whether you want to say 8 goals in 11 starts, or 8 goals in 15 games, it is highly impressive either way. Since when do hat tricks not count though? Does that mean we have to take away Holt''s hat tricks last season? If so he scored 15 league goals instead of 21 :/

[quote user="Prem1"]QPR looking very very good tonight.
[/quote]

Agree they have looked really good tonight especially SWP in the first half best player on the pitch by a mile. But despite all the good play they still have struggled to finish off the chances just the same as us and Swansea at the end of the day. I dont think their defence will hold firm against better teams either. without doubt SWP and Barton make them a much better side though.

On the subject of Leon Best imo i dont think he would have made any difference to our goal threat if we''d signed him, had a good little spell recently but then so will some of our strikers over the course of a season.

QPR did indeed look very good and could well have won that game as they created a lot of good chances. They have what we are missing and that is flair and pace which SWP and Taarabt definitely have. It''s a shame we could not get Pacheco but we need somebody similar who can do the unexpected... the closest we have is Hoolahan who Lambert does not favour to start. We were fat too slow and predictable on Sunday and we are in for a long struggle IMO.

[quote user="paul moy"]QPR did indeed look very good and could well have won that game as they created a lot of good chances. They have what we are missing and that is flair and pace which SWP and Taarabt definitely have. It''s a shame we could not get Pacheco but we need somebody similar who can do the unexpected... the closest we have is Hoolahan who Lambert does not favour to start. We were fat too slow and predictable on Sunday and we are in for a long struggle IMO.[/quote]

i dont think what they have is really what you need in this division to be comfortable though, they do have alittle bit of flair but a 15-20 goal striker and a solid defence makes the real difference If they had gone and got that ontop of SWP and Barton i''d have agreed. For all the really good play they could still have lost the game and with how on top they we''re that would be worrying me if i was a QPR fan, just as it bothers me when we play well and dont get the result after a good performance, because that usually indicates the side is missing something key rather than just playing badly.

I have relatives who are Newcastle fans and they do not rate him that much. I do and he will get them their goals this season, Vuaghan has the potential to do the same but he needs to stay fit and we need to play him